Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Question about Paused Downloads on Steam (Please reply quickly!)

Showing 1 to 8 of 8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

1. Posted:

So I am currently downloading Sonic Generations on Steam. I paused the download earlier and accidentally clicked out of Steam. So I got back on and I had to restart the process of downloading Sonic Generations. Then I thought that because earlier Sonic Generations was downloading and I might have interrupted the download, meaning the memory it took up is now gone and it'll have to take more memory now. I'm freaking out! :( Please help! When I pause/interrupt a download on Steam and then click out, and the download restarts, do I forever lose the memory the download was taking up or do I get it back now that the download was restarted? Please answer, I'm really stressed.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

2. Posted:

You can't "forever lose" hard drive space, which I'll assume you mean when you say memory. The download will just pick up where it left off.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

3. Posted:

Lan wrote:

You can't "forever lose" hard drive space, which I'll assume you mean when you say memory. The download will just pick up where it left off.

But it didn't. It restarted. That's why I'm worried.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

4. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Lan wrote:

You can't "forever lose" hard drive space, which I'll assume you mean when you say memory. The download will just pick up where it left off.

But it didn't. It restarted. That's why I'm worried.

Steam will download it to the exact same folder, and overwrite whatever it already downloaded.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

5. Posted:

Lan wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Lan wrote:

You can't "forever lose" hard drive space, which I'll assume you mean when you say memory. The download will just pick up where it left off.

But it didn't. It restarted. That's why I'm worried.

Steam will download it to the exact same folder, and overwrite whatever it already downloaded.

So the memory comes back since it restarted?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

6. Posted:

You have a basket. Steam is putting apples in it. You restart the download. Steam throws out the old apples and puts in the new, steamy ones.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

7. Posted:

Lan wrote:

You have a basket. Steam is putting apples in it. You restart the download. Steam throws out the old apples and puts in the new, steamy ones.

I see. Thanks! :D I feel much better now.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

8. Posted:

I'm so happy, I just want to go FOOTLOOSE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA-FVFuuuX4

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14