Forums

Topic: PSPgo 101

Posts 41 to 60 of 63

Jockolantern

I love the Bluetooth compatibility with the PS3 controller but the small screen size, akward-looking control setup, and steep price definitely leave me feeling good about keeping my 2000. At least Nintendo knows how to stagger its DS model releases. It feels like Sony just released the PSP-3000 yesterday.

Jockolantern

Slapshot

PSP was $299 at release if I remember correctly cause I was really ticked off cause I got two dead ones in the same day and 3rd one had 2 dead pixels. Thankfully the ole 2000 has been kickin just fine for years now.

PSP Minis = Hope for lots of great inexpensive great games with great ideas from some awesome indy developers. I sure hope so.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

I will probably download motorstorm dissidia and persona as my first downloads

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Knux

WolfRamHeart wrote:

I am strongly considering getting a PSPgo but I haven't decided whether I should get the Go or the 3000. One of the main reasons I want a PSP is for Persona 1 which will be released on both UMD and digital download on the same day but the UMD version will come in a collectors package with a bonus CD soundtrack. I really don't want to miss out on the cool bonus stuff if I decide to just get the digital version over the UMD. I know that I will have to pick up a PSP eventually because Valkyria Chronicles 2 is going to be a PSP exclusive and that is one of my favorite games. Decisions, decisions.

Buy the 3000 [I own one], I personally think it is a LOT better than the PSP Go.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

the_shpydar

I am among the many who were interested in the Go until we heard the price. Sorry, Sony. You almost had a new PS-gaming customer, but not the slightest chance i'd buy it at the list price. Cut it in half, then maybe we'll talk.

(realizes Sony doesn't care, as it already has plenty of my money from DVD players, VCRs, TVs, cameras, etc.)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Old_School

the+shpydar wrote:

I am among the many who were interested in the Go until we heard the price. Sorry, Sony. You almost had a new PS-gaming customer, but not the slightest chance i'd buy it at the list price. Cut it in half, then maybe we'll talk.

(realizes Sony doesn't care, as it already has plenty of my money from DVD players, VCRs, TVs, cameras, etc.)

I agree, the price is a breaker for me as well. I agree with the poster stating the PSP was originall $299 USD when it launched in the US, but sales where not as high as expected. But also think, you entire PSP game library is now gone, unless you lug around your old PSP too. You will have to buy all of your game in a digital format. And then you will have to buy a new mem stick, which I am sure will be more expensive than standard. Then you will have to transfer all your saves, music and all if the formats are the same. All you gain is internal storage, which is not a lot, and a slide out keyboard along with supposed "mini" iPhone-like apps. Makes no sense to me to upgrade to the Go right away. I'll wait until the retail line has gone digital and the console is down to 149.

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Corbs

The Go is geared at people who always have to have the newest tech toys. I figure the price will drop on it shortly after the new year.

Plain old gamer :)

WolfRamHeart

Now I have to decide if I want the Go or the Gran Turismo PSP Entertainment bundle pack. Price and value is a big concern for me and considering that I still need to get a DSi I may have to pass on the Go for now. It still is really tempting though.

WolfRamHeart

castlehominid99

Get a go instead of a dsi

Knux

castlehominid99 wrote:

Get a go instead of a dsi

No, do not get a PSP Go. Buy a DSi or a PSP 3000. I have both, and both are great handhelds.

Knux

Corbs

Get a PSPgo. Who wants the old 3000 model with the clunky UMD drive on it. It's old news. Time to move on to bigger and better things.

Edited on by Corbs

castlehominid99

This is the next step in gaming no more disks or cartridges just downloadable games. Now go pre order yourself A PSP go

Knux

The only way I would be intested in a PSP Go is that it either have an ethernet port, or it can connect to the internet all the time like a high-tech cell phone.

Knux

Corbs

You don't have wireless internet?

castlehominid99

I dont have wireless

Slapshot

My understanding is that you dont have to upgrade to the Go. All the DLC on PSN will be available to ALL PSP owners not just GO owners. So you actually dont have to buy a Go for $250, you can get a PSP pretty cheaply nowadays.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Ricardo91

I'm tempted to get one, just cuz it's so darn sexy, but the removal of a UMD drive= Fail. I'll probably wind up getting the 3000. I've been meaning to get a new PSP ever since the LAN switch on my current one broke.

How would the transfer of UMD files to the Go work? I don't wanna have to re-download all my PSP games and then play them all the way through again.

Adam

I remember some interview saying they wanted the Go and 3000 to begin with near-identical game libraries but evolve into separate entities with the Go focused on bite-sized experiences and the 3000 on bigger games. It is hard to tell if that means Go-oriented games will also be Go-exclusive games. I still feel uncertain about how this is going to work, but I'm excited nonetheless. The price tag is certainly a stumbling block, but if there are enough games to justify it, I'll be happy to get one. I love the concept of all digital gaming. It is perfectly suited to the handheld and very forward-thinking.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

castlehominid99

The minis are going to be exclusives

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.