Forums

Topic: PSPgo 101

Posts 21 to 40 of 63

ReZon

What about people who own a bunch of UMD games? Are they out of luck with this system if they upgrade?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

MuljoStpho

MetalMario wrote:

Four? Geez, I thought there were 3. Oh well.

I'm barely even aware that the thing is still on the market most of the time, let alone that they've already had more than one iteration of the hardware before this... Okay, I might have known that they had redesigned it once, like a few months after it first came out or something like that. I seem to remember hearing that the thing used to have this problem where it would projectile vomit out the UMD if you look at it funny.

ReZon wrote:

What about people who own a bunch of UMD games? Are they out of luck with this system if they upgrade?

Like the DSi (even though that does still take regular DS games) it seems that this should be treated as an entirely separate platform from the original, not a replacement / upgrade. You buy it specifically FOR the downloadable games and nothing else. You hold onto the other one for the other stuff.

Corbie wrote:

Is it true that you can use a Playstation 3 Sixaxis controller with the PSPgo? - Yes. Since the PSPgo is bluetooth compatible, this makes it compatible with the Playstation 3 console's Sixaxis controller.

Well, that's spiffy and all, but it seems to me that it kind of defeats the point of making a portable system if you're going to have to prop it up somewhere so you can use a separate controller. Or are they going to whip up some sort of clunky clip thing to attach them together somehow?

Anyway... I'd have to wait and check out what's available on either platform before making a final decision, but personally I think I'll opt for the DSi whenever I finally have money to spare for a platform like this.

MuljoStpho

Adam

castlehominid99 wrote:

I will be getting the white one as well. Is there any way that I can get the games that I already downloaded on my old psp to the go.

UMD games obviously cannot be used on the Go, but if you are strictly talking downloaded games, yes, you can transfer them to the Go. Put them on a memory stick or just redownload them once you get it. So long as you are using the same PSN ID, you won't have to pay for them. If you are selling your old PSP, deactivate that PSP first so the new owner does not have access to your account. There should be an option somewhere (I don't have a PSP) to remove your account from that system.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Corbs

Sony has said that they'll have a way to deal with the UMD games that PSP owners already own, but so far they haven't laid it out as to how it will be handled. I too am curious, since I own over 50 PSP games currently.

Plain old gamer :)

castlehominid99

I just pre orderred

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

castlehominid99

Does any one know what the launch titles that aren't minis will be

Corbs

Those Minis are the launch titles, so-to-speak, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking about? If you're talking about downloadable UMD titles, the way Sony has talked, the majority of UMD titles will be available for download on launch day.

Edited on by Corbs

Corbs

Here's another good picture up close of the PSPgo. The more I see the white model, the more I'm glad that I preordered it.

Untitled

Infernape1000

Corbie, can you tell me anything that was removed and added to the PSP Go?

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

Corbs

UMD slot was removed, the Memory Stick Duo slot was replaced with a Memory Stick Micro slot. The screen is a 3.8" screen instead of the usual 4.3" screen of the regular PSP. The USB cable will be different, although one is included with the PSPgo. The PSPgo also has 16GB of flash ram built-in for storage.

Edited on by Corbs

gameking23

Nice choice in color Corbie. I would get one, but I still need to get a DSi first.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

Slapshot

@castlehominid999..... at the moment all I know of that is releasing that isn't a Minis is Motorstorm Artic Blast PSP and that isnt a bad thing if its anywhere near as good as the PS3 versions it will be a blast.

@Corbie.... nice choice in color. Im sticking with my 2000. I cant justify the price of the Go. I just picked up Arkham Asylum and The Force Unleashed PS3 so Im a little spent, but I will be downloading so Minis ASAP. Cant wait either.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Ark

Corbie wrote:

The PSPgo also has 16GB of flash ram built-in for storage.

Woah there, I think you mean 16GB of internal flash memory, not ram. 16 GB ram would be insanely awesome since most computers don't have that (my clunker has 512MB RAM) .o__o The PSP Go actually has 64 MB of ram if Wikipedia is to be believed and that's still pretty amazing right there (Wii has 88 MB of ram, DS has 4 MB, DSi has 16MB). This monster retains the 64MB of the 2000 and 3000 it appears.

Edited on by Ark

Corbs

Well some refer to it as Flash RAM, but I did mean flash memory, not CPU ram.

Ark

Oh, that makes much more sense then. Oops.

longtimegamer

Wow, this comes out the day before my birthday.

Anyways..I most likely won't be getting it any time soon after it's released (Not for $250). 2 things that I would have liked for it was a 2nd analog and for it to be made in such a way as to keep its screen protected, like ds or GBA sp. I don't like that you can't use the old SD cards.

Edit- It is nice that it has that much built-in memory though.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Corbs

I think the thing I'm most excited about is the PSP Minis. I hope this service produces some great indie games.

hylianhalcyon

The PSP Go is a really nice looking system, and since I don't own a PSP I wouldn't mind eventually getting one. But a $250 price tag for a portable system is pretty high.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

castlehominid99

That was how much the original psp was when it was first released

castlehominid99

My ps3 blue ray drive broke and I don't have the warranty anymore so should I get a ps3 slim

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.