Forums

Topic: PSPgo 101

Posts 1 to 20 of 63

Corbs

We're really starting to see a lot of new information come out regarding the PSPgo system and its upcoming release so I thought I'd make a topic so people could post new information, news, or pics they might come across.

Untitled

This pic below is one of my favorite pics of the systems I've seen so far. While the black one is sleek, I preordered the white model as I like it a bit better.

Untitled

PSP Q&A

What is the PSPgo - The PSPgo is Sony's newest version of their PSP portable game system. The system will focus its attention on digitally distributed game titles. The system is also being touted as being a more portable version of the classic PSP with its slidable screen and more compact size.

How much smaller is the PSPgo than the regular PSP systems? - The PSPgo is over twice as small as the PSP-1000 and 35% smaller than the PSP-3000 system.

Is it true that you can use a Playstation 3 Sixaxis controller with the PSPgo? - Yes. Since the PSPgo is bluetooth compatible, this makes it compatible with the Playstation 3 console's Sixaxis controller.

When will the PSPgo be released in the various territories? - The PSPgo goes on sale in the US and Europe on October 1, 2009 and in Japan on November 1, 2009.

How much will the PSPgo cost? - The PSPgo is currently set to retail for $249.95.

Does the PSPgo feature a UMD drive? - No, the PSPgo does not feature a UMD drive and will rely on digital distribution for its game titles.

What about all of the UMD releases, past and future? - Sony has already stated that all first-party PSP UMD titles, past and future, will be made available for download to the PSPgo. They've also stated that the majority of third-party UMD titles, past and future, will also be made available for download to your PSPgo system.

Can I use my Memory Stick Duo with the PSPgo? - No, the PSPgo uses Sony's new Memory Stick Micro cards.

How are games stored on the PSPgo? - The PSPgo system has 16GB of built-in flash memory, plus you can also add an additional Memory Card Micro for even more storage.

What is PSP Minis? - PSP Minis will be a brand new section of the Playstation Store that will feature smaller and cheaper downloadable game titles for the PSP. The games will have a 100MB file size limit and are set to feature a large number of independent game developers creating titles for the service. 15 titles are expected for launch day with in excess of 50 titles expected to be available by year's end.

Do I have to own a Playstation 3 console in order to download games for my PSPgo? No. You can download games directly to the PSPgo system or you can choose to download them to your Playstation 3 console and then transfer them to your PSPgo.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

LzWinky

I haven't even heard of this until you posted this!

Why did you change your avatar? I miss the reaper!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dicesukeinuzuka

OH NOOOOEsz, Corbie changed his avi~~~ and yeah i already have a psp and just got it last Christmas so i will pass on the pspgo. If I were to buy one I think I would go with the white one.

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

MetalMario

Oh geez, that is Corbie. I thought it was a new user.

I'm not buying this. I don't use the original enough.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Ark

Oh reaper, where art thou? Well, I didn't actually know there was a white PSP Go, thanks for pointing that out. Also, PSP Go's processor has a clock speed of 480 MHz, better than the original PSP's 333Mhz. Developers might make "PSP Go exclusive games" by using this extra power, wouldn't that be nice?

Edited on by Ark

Corbs

Don't worry. Gregg will be back. This is just for awhile to celebrate the impending launch of the PSPgo.

LzWinky

How many versions of the PSP are there?!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MetalMario

lz2009 wrote:

How many versions of the PSP are there?!

I think 3, a fat one, slim, and go.

MetalMario

LzWinky

Wasn't there also a 3000? Sorry, I don't know much about the PSP.

Ark

There are four PSPs, the original 1000, the latter 2000, the recent 3000, and now the coming Go.

MetalMario

Four? Geez, I thought there were 3. Oh well.

MetalMario

LzWinky

It's $250?!!!! Why?

Corbs

I don't know. Ask Sony.

vakama94

mmm, looks like is going to be a beast, oh well, i have already preordered my DSi, so i will skip this up.

Wii/Wii speak code: 3806-0294-4056-8996
Onslaught:4340-0271-1699
Water Warefare: 4425-9463-9620
Brawl: 0001-3122-8906
Alien Crush Returns: 3094-0734-8146
Guitar Hero WT:0517-1018-6803
Call of duty: WaW: 2364-4256-5784
Mario Kart wii: 0431-0800-9322
if yo...

WolfRamHeart

I am strongly considering getting a PSPgo but I haven't decided whether I should get the Go or the 3000. One of the main reasons I want a PSP is for Persona 1 which will be released on both UMD and digital download on the same day but the UMD version will come in a collectors package with a bonus CD soundtrack. I really don't want to miss out on the cool bonus stuff if I decide to just get the digital version over the UMD. I know that I will have to pick up a PSP eventually because Valkyria Chronicles 2 is going to be a PSP exclusive and that is one of my favorite games. Decisions, decisions.

WolfRamHeart

Infernape1000

I was actually considering getting this a second ago, but when I saw that 250$ sign, I THREW UP!

Even though I really want to play Dissidia! =(

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

WolfRamHeart

Yeah, the $250 pricetag is a lot harder to swallow since you can now get a PS3 for only $50 more.

WolfRamHeart

slambert215

I'll only get a PSPgo if I can get my UMD games on there somehow. I can't be without my Tekken!

Now Playing: Modern Warfare 2 and Mobilized, Tekken 6, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online

I'M BACK!
My codes:
Wii: 4408-9655-3946-7256
Brawl: 2621-2393-5112
Mario Kart: 4725-8357-4711
MoH Heroes 2 and Tiger Woods 10: Sean215

castlehominid99

I will be getting the white one as well. Is there any way that I can get the games that I already downloaded on my old psp to the go.

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.