Forums

Topic: PSP: get the 3000 or Go?

Posts 1 to 20 of 39

firecookie29

I'm thinking of getting my first non-Nintendo game system starting with a PSP system. The questions is, should I get the MGS Peace Walker Bundle? Or should I get a PSP Go? The MGS bundle has a camoflouge PSP 3000 system, the Peace Walker game, and a 4GB memory card. The PSP Go comes with 16GB of flash memory, Rock Band Lite, and all download games. The all download games is what appeals to me. What are your recomendations? And what games should I get?

Flipnote Hatena command: <YR>BYXY
Mario vs DK 3 FC: 4125 2421 4355
MORE FC COMING SOON!

The_Fox

Yeah, the Go isn't the way to go. The fact that not all PSP games are going to be available for the Go would be more than enough reason for me.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

firecookie29

Thanks guys!

MORE FC COMING SOON!

kevohki

You might want to wait till after E3. Rumor of a PSP-2 announcement is going around, might be backwards compatible.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

firecookie29

kevohki wrote:

You might want to wait till after E3. Rumor of a PSP-2 announcement is going around, might be backwards compatible.

Really? the PSP that I wasn't doent come out until the 11th or 9th which is after E3 I think.

MORE FC COMING SOON!

sykotek

As a PSPgo owner, don't bother, Sony seems to be backpedaling back to UMD for its PSP strategy and any digital exclusives you can buy, you can play on the regular shaped PSP also, you just need to buy a bigger memory card.

As for Peace Walker PSP, there are 2 bundles, one is an exclusive camo version for GameStop, the other is available at most other places with a green PSP from what I remember, the GS exclusive is the better bundle of the two.

Also, I'm assuming that your interest in it is based on Peace Walker, the PSN store is ultra disappointing with its releases week to week, there isn't even necessarily a guarantee that they'd release Peace Walker for download.

If you have to get a game for the PSP, get a regular PSP with UMD capablilties.
If the game is available elsewhere, I'd suggest you get it elsewhere, depends on if you're really planning to get a system for one game.
Under no circumstances do you buy a PSPgo, there's no point, Sony wants it to fail.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

firecookie29

sykotek wrote:

If the game is available elsewhere, I'd suggest you get it elsewhere, depends on if you're really planning to get a system for one game.

No, I've been on Nintendo platforms my whole life and would like to take a step away from The Mushroom Kingdom and others. People in another thread have recommended good games so I want to try those.

MORE FC COMING SOON!

Aviator

Do you want to buy a handheld?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

firecookie29

Aviator wrote:

Do you want to buy a handheld?

I already have a DSi, but I want to get a none nintendo system for once.

MORE FC COMING SOON!

Knux

The PSP 3000 is a much better choice.

Knux

moomoo

3000. That is, without a doubt, a better option.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Corbs

The Go is a great little system, but maybe a bit too far ahead of its time. And the fact that many of the popular PSP games, like the Lumines series, most likely won't be made available for download due to licensing restrictions, the 3000 is probably your best bet.

Plain old gamer :)

firecookie29

Yeah, I'm defenitely getting a PSP 3000. It sounds a lot better than the Go, thanks guys!

MORE FC COMING SOON!

turtlelink

It depends. The 3000 will allow you to play more games, but the Go has the (outstanding) pause feature where you can pause the game at any time, play another game, then go back to your other game. (See what i am saying?)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

firecookie29

turtlelink wrote:

It depends. The 3000 will allow you to play more games, but the Go has the (outstanding) pause feature where you can pause the game at any time, play another game, then go back to your other game. (See what i am saying?)

WAHASHOOBEDOWAAAH!?!? I never new it could do that. I'm still leaning towards the 3000 though...

MORE FC COMING SOON!

sykotek

@firecookie29: I just read that anyone that has purchased a European PSPgo since April 1, 2010 and registered on or after that date will receive 10 downloadable games including Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Fifa World Cup 2010, GTA, etc for FREE. Awesome news for anyone living in Europe. Do you live in Europe firecookie29? If so, this might tip you towards a PSPgo. I also read that some European retailers are selling them as low as £150.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Jani-Koblaney

I don't really care for PSP. But if you really want one, I would say the 3000. The Go is too small and it's annoying that you have to download everything.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

firecookie29

sykotek wrote:

@firecookie29: I just read that anyone that has purchased a European PSPgo since April 1, 2010 and registered on or after that date will receive 10 downloadable games including Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Fifa World Cup 2010, GTA, etc for FREE. Awesome news for anyone living in Europe. Do you live in Europe firecookie29? If so, this might tip you towards a PSPgo. I also read that some European retailers are selling them as low as £150.

you gotta be kidding me! i live in the US so i can't do that offer. if only it made its way to the western side of the pond.

MORE FC COMING SOON!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.