Forums

Topic: PS Vita TV announced. (Oyua am cry)

Posts 141 to 160 of 238

PloXyZeRO

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Sony announces a Vita price cut, now $200
Nintendo announces 2DS, $130
Sony announces PS Vita TV, $100

Your move, Nintendo!

I don't really think the 2DS is appealing to many people, lol
3DS TV? Or 3DS games on the Wii U eShop?

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

Jaz007 wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I am highly interest in Vita TV. I mean for that price why wouldn't you be?

If you had a bad experience with Sony products before

What was the experience?

I've had plenty of bad Sony experiences too.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Gamer83

Peach64 wrote:

I have never understood the desire for playing handheld games on a TV. I see people here asking for a device that allows them to do it with their 3DS. The TV streaming services and PS4 remote play give this some usefulness I guess.

I like having console-type games I can take with me when I'm out but I have to admit, I do most of my gaming, even on Vita and 3DS at home and there are times I'd like to see what some of those games look like on my tv. Particularly for games like Uncharted, Killzone, Assassin's Creed Liberation and even Gravity Rush, I think all would benefit from a bigger screen and in the case of the shooters, more buttons on the dualshock controllers. Because of that, I could see myself getting this mini-console. It won't be until after I have the PS4 and Xbox One, but Vita TV is very interesting.

Gamer83

SwerdMurd

it's all about the controller - and that's OUYA's biggest failing IMO. It's just not that great. Buttons are weird, d-pad has a strange throw, size is off, touchpad sensitivity is bizarre as hell..... Dualshock 3 based TV box already appeals at a 4x level... Plus, uncharted and stuff on tv

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

dumedum

Gamer83 wrote:

do most of my gaming, even on Vita and 3DS at home and there are times I'd like to see what some of those games look like on my tv. Particularly for games like Uncharted, Killzone, Assassin's Creed Liberation and even Gravity Rush, I think all would benefit from a bigger screen

Well, they will look like crap though. Vita is sub HD and it looks nice on a small screen, it will be super ugly on a big screen. Also, when so many games on the Vita have console counterparts, doesn't make any sense to want to play the vita version on the TV instead of the proper HD versions with the button synchronized. Worse, you can't play uncharted because of the touch controls, don't know about the rest. seems that if a game forces you for touch even for 1 minute in a game, it won't be playable, you'll be stuck forever in that spot. Super strange and lame.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

moomoo

dumedum wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

do most of my gaming, even on Vita and 3DS at home and there are times I'd like to see what some of those games look like on my tv. Particularly for games like Uncharted, Killzone, Assassin's Creed Liberation and even Gravity Rush, I think all would benefit from a bigger screen

Well, they will look like crap though. Vita is sub HD and it looks nice on a small screen, it will be super ugly on a big screen. Also, when so many games on the Vita have console counterparts, doesn't make any sense to want to play the vita version on the TV instead of the proper HD versions with the button synchronized.

They look better than Wii games, even on a bigger screen. It's not like they still don't look good when zoomed in on a video review at a game site like IGN or Gametrailers. I don't think people care about the graphics that much for a system that costs $100.

dumedum wrote:

Worse, you can't play uncharted because of the touch controls, don't know about the rest. seems that if a game forces you for touch even for 1 minute in a game, it won't be playable, you'll be stuck forever in that spot. Super strange and lame.

Actually, that's not entirely the case. You'll apparently be able to summon a pointer thing and control it for touch stuff. So for games like WipEout that use it for menus, that'll work. For games that only require it for stuff like that, it'll do the job. Not exactly optimal, though.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

Hey, @Sony_70 You said somewhere in this thread that Sony confirmed PS4 support will hit the PS Vita Home at some point...where did you read that? I've found sources saying you can use the PS4 controller to play PS4 games, but it didn't say for PS Vita games. I also found a few places speculating that it might happen, but nothing was official. I'm hoping you're right, but I just want to make sure.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OptometristLime

moomoo wrote:

They look better than Wii games, even on a bigger screen.
It's not like they still don't look good when zoomed in on a video review at a game site like IGN or Gametrailers.
I don't think people care about the graphics that much for a system that costs $100.

I have seen this level of banter from @SCAR392 at times. And I don't mean him any disrespect either; it can be beneficial to start a discussion by making some assertions. But I dislike how little caution is being exercised to make sure that arguments have been validated. Indeed I hope to counter several of your points.

Beating the Wii is not an achievement.

What solid proof do we have of graphical fidelity? When Vita games are blown up onto actual televisions, there may be an answer. In the meantime it seems premature to dismiss such a general (and obvious) concern.

According to what you wrote, the whole argument is irrelevant anyway, because bargain level consumers don't expect quality from their products. Which is patently false.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

moomoo

@OptometristLime
I'm not making up the second quoted portion. It's on the official Playstation site in the FAQs.

Here's the quote with a google translate

Sony wrote:

There was manipulation of on-screen "touch" and "flick" in Q. PS Vita, but how do you operate the wireless controller?

The PS Vita TV, there is a "touch pointer" as the support function of the system.
You can set PS button Press and hold> menu> from "Using the touch pointer".
Once set, by pressing the button on R3 or L3 of the wireless controller, the pointer in the shape of the finger is displayed. You can operate move it.
※ require a "touch pointer", available only When the game starts some this feature.

Original Source: http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/faq/
Translation via Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&j...

It's not optimal, and it won't always work, but it's there for games that need it for menu selection, like wipeout or Persona 4 Golden's online stuff.

As for the first comment, the PS Vita TV isn't exactly competing with stuff like the PS4 or XBOX One. It's a system that costs $100. If anything, it's competing much more with streaming boxes like Roku or cheap gaming systems like OUYA. And unlike the OUYA, the Vita, along with the PSP and PS1 selection, actually has a very good game selection, especially for $100. And it's not like its games are the same prices as regular console games. The highest we see is $40, and most of the games on the Vita are way less than that when you factor in the digital-only stuff. For what the system offers, it is high quality. People don't expect this thing to be a PS4 (unless if they're buying it to stream their games on a PS4 they already own).

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

OptometristLime

Thanks for the polite response!

I believe you about the touch pad alternatives; as you say they are somewhat unsatisfying compromises.

Personally I see numerous barriers to entry to the consumer, but not the price point obviously.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

So this is basically an Apple TV that has all your PSN(SEN) in a cheap box that compliments your PS4 and/or Vita.

What I would've found hilarious, is if you could just buy PS4 games on this and stream them via Gaikai without having a PS4.
The only thing you'd be missing is the UI on the PS4, but you'd still have the PS Vita UI(presumably).

Since this exists, I'm starting to realize why Wii Mini happened, because you have the game on disc and don't have to stream stuff. I know you can use PS Vita cards, but meh.

It's confusing to me, because I feel like Sony could have done alot more than this.

Will I be able to do the PS4 stuff on my PS3?
That would be the question I would be asking right now. This whole thing looks like Apple's cloud to me.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

banacheck

The PS Vita TV was Sony's shock announcement of its pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference and marks the company's entry into the burgeoning micro-console arena.
The new system has clearly been a hit with consumers, as Amazon Japan is reporting that it has completely sold out of its allocation of pre-order stock. Both the Value and Standard bundles are now all accounted for.
The system doesn't launch in Japan until November 14th, and although a western release is expected, Sony hasn't confirmed exactly when it will happen. Able to run PS Vita games and remotely play PS4 titles, the PS Vita TV is compact and cheap, and could rain on the parade of the many Android-based micro-consoles which are hitting the market right now.

Already,

banacheck

LzWinky

I'm not exactly sure what Vita TV is competing with. It's not a handheld, so not the 3DS.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

Apple TV, Roku as well a s xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Yoshida said that was a mi's translation. Expect Vita TV next year everywhere else.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Its probably going to be introduced early next year alongside the PS Vita 2000 and Soul Sacrifice Delta. It makes no sense to undercut not only the PS4 lanuch bu also what will be the most profitable season for the PS3. I plan to skip the PS3 for the PS4, but I know quite a few people would grab the cheaper Vita TV model.

It's coming into Japan first as mostly a testbed but to Build up the Vita's install base, and to make up for the fact that Japn isn't getting the PS4 until next year.

WAT!

LzWinky

I can see this thing selling very well in Japan, but in the west it seems to be quite the niche device. Maybe Sony fans will be the vast majority of consumers that would want this in the West.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.