Forums

Topic: PS Vita TV announced. (Oyua am cry)

Posts 121 to 140 of 238

6ch6ris6

original playstation would be PSX or PS.
PSOne was an afterthought shortly before the ps2 launched

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sounds like it will have the exact same problem as the Vita - still not backwards compatible with entire library of PSO and PSP digital games.

As a price point, it's really not that much more appealing than a Vita. You can pick up a used Vita in great condition for $150. Either way though, you still have to buy the ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. That's the real kick to the balls. 8GB is enough that your PSV TV isn't useless out of the box, but it's going to run out of space very fast. I have a fairly small library of PSO/PSP titles on my PSP and it clocks in at around 28GB.

If you're only into PSO/PSP games, the cost still doesn't justify upgrading from a PSP and you still don't have access to your fully library. If you're into Vita games, you probably already have a Vita anyway.

Struggling to see the target audience for this, is what I'm saying. It seems to be for people who already had a Vita and kinda want to play on a bigger screen, rather than a cheaper alternative to a Vita.

In the Year of Our Lord 2013, we have seen the follow-up to the Super Gameboy.

This made my head hurt...For one thing, I think the Vita games are supposed to be the bigger appeal, the PSP and PSOne aspect is really more of a bonus. Sony doesn't care if people are buying old games, that's not where most of the money is. Besides, those people would be better off buying a PSP. Sony also doesn't want people buying Used Vitas, since that's as bad as people not buying a Vita at all, so they're offering an official product that'll cost as much, if not less, than said used product, so people will be more willing to give them their money and not to some guy on eBay. And for the average person, 8 GB should be fine, since they probably wouldn't buy much from the playstation store, anyways. A gamer on a budget might be more tempted to go for the PSN sales, but if they're smart, they'd just buy small games that are cheap already and won't take up much space, or stick to physical games.

Which takes me to my final point: This thing is meant to be more for casuals (as Sony_70 pointed out), while also being a good alternative for gamers on a budget, or people who just want a cheap gaming console. It offers some nice bonuses for those who also have other Playstation products as well.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more positive this looks. I always hoped one of the big three would put out a cheap system someday. I hope it all goes well.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

6ch6ris6 wrote:

original playstation would be PSX or PS.
PSOne was an afterthought shortly before the ps2 launched

PS, PSX, PS1, PSOne, doesn't matter, dude, it's all the same system. It's not like you can't infer it from reading people's posts. Caviar said both PSO and PSOne in the paragraph. That alone could've tipped you off...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Both models of the system are sold out on Amazon Japan.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sounds like it will have the exact same problem as the Vita - still not backwards compatible with entire library of PSO and PSP digital games.

As a price point, it's really not that much more appealing than a Vita. You can pick up a used Vita in great condition for $150. Either way though, you still have to buy the ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. That's the real kick to the balls. 8GB is enough that your PSV TV isn't useless out of the box, but it's going to run out of space very fast. I have a fairly small library of PSO/PSP titles on my PSP and it clocks in at around 28GB.

If you're only into PSO/PSP games, the cost still doesn't justify upgrading from a PSP and you still don't have access to your fully library. If you're into Vita games, you probably already have a Vita anyway.

Struggling to see the target audience for this, is what I'm saying. It seems to be for people who already had a Vita and kinda want to play on a bigger screen, rather than a cheaper alternative to a Vita.

In the Year of Our Lord 2013, we have seen the follow-up to the Super Gameboy.

This made my head hurt...For one thing, I think the Vita games are supposed to be the bigger appeal, the PSP and PSOne aspect is really more of a bonus. Sony doesn't care if people are buying old games, that's not where most of the money is. Besides, those people would be better off buying a PSP. Sony also doesn't want people buying Used Vitas, since that's as bad as people not buying a Vita at all, so they're offering an official product that'll cost as much, if not less, than said used product, so people will be more willing to give them their money and not to some guy on eBay. And for the average person, 8 GB should be fine, since they probably wouldn't buy much from the playstation store, anyways. A gamer on a budget might be more tempted to go for the PSN sales, but if they're smart, they'd just buy small games that are cheap already and won't take up much space, or stick to physical games.

Which takes me to my final point: This thing is meant to be more for casuals (as Sony_70 pointed out), while also being a good alternative for gamers on a budget, or people who just want a cheap gaming console. It offers some nice bonuses for those who also have other Playstation products as well.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more positive this looks. I always hoped one of the big three would put out a cheap system someday. I hope it all goes well.

I don't think casuals will care for the PS Vita TV. I think casual "gamers" only care about 4-5 games: Angry Birds, Temple Run, Call of Duty (yes, there is a huge casual gamer market for COD) and.... Madden/Fifa. I do agree that the PS Vita TV appeals to people who want a cheap gaming console. I'm not a Vita hater at all. I think the Vita has alotta potential. I just think its pretty sad that whenever I see someone asks: "Hey, I'm curious to getting a Vita. What are 5 Vita games I oughta get?" That question is fine. I think its the ANSWER to that question thats kinda sad. I always see the same freaking 5 games whenever someone recommends the Vita games. If Persona 4 Golden isn't recommended whenever someone asks about the Vita then pigs are flying!!! Lol I got nothing against Persona 4 Golden but I do think its sad that people, USUALLY, recommend the same 5 games all the time whenever someone asks about buying a Vita. It kinda reflects how the Vita's exclusive library status is if you ask me... but its whatever.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

Blastoise-san wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't think casuals will care for the PS Vita TV. I think casual "gamers" only care about 4-5 games: Angry Birds, Temple Run, Call of Duty (yes, there is a huge casual gamer market for COD) and.... Madden/Fifa.

...you do know that all of those games are on the Vita, right? Not that you're right in any way, shape, or form. The only thing that makes a casual casual is that they don't play many games and usually don't have much interest in learning about new games, so the only way they become familiar with games is through word of mouth, often by friends who are also not that into games. That's why they're so susceptible to fads.

Anyways, for the causuals, the appeal isn't supposed to be the games. I know this is a foriegn concept for you, but there's more to game consoles these days than just playing games, and the Vita TV offers several streaming options while also allowing you to play games. It's even priced competitively - it offers almost all of the features of the Roku 3 (last I checked, that was the current leading brand of streaming boxes), while also playing games and costing just as much (I think there's other features, too. Maybe Music Unlimited? I forget...). That means for those even vaguely interested in games but also want a streaming box, the Vita TV could prove to be an attractive option.

Of course, if that's not you, that's fine. We're just trying to make you understand why it might be interesting to other people.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't think casuals will care for the PS Vita TV. I think casual "gamers" only care about 4-5 games: Angry Birds, Temple Run, Call of Duty (yes, there is a huge casual gamer market for COD) and.... Madden/Fifa.

...you do know that all of those games are on the Vita, right? Not that you're right in any way, shape, or form. The only thing that makes a casual casual is that they don't play many games and usually don't have much interest in learning about new games, so the only way they become familiar with games is through word of mouth, often by friends who are also not that into games. That's why they're so susceptible to fads.

Anyways, for the causuals, the appeal isn't supposed to be the games. I know this is a foriegn concept for you, but there's more to game consoles these days than just playing games, and the Vita TV offers several streaming options while also allowing you to play games. It's even priced competitively - it offers almost all of the features of the Roku 3 (last I checked, that was the current leading brand of streaming boxes), while also playing games and costing just as much (I think there's other features, too. Maybe Music Unlimited? I forget...). That means for those even vaguely interested in games but also want a streaming box, the Vita TV could prove to be an attractive option.

Of course, if that's not you, that's fine. We're just trying to make you understand why it might be interesting to other people.

..... >.> I don't like the tone of that comment at all. it reeks of superoity. I bet you smirked when you said this, huh? "I know this is a foreign concept for you" sarcasm OHHHH... that was pretty dang clever!!! Anyway, I see your point but you didn't hafta sound like a know-it-all as you said it. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm just telling you how I feel, pal.

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

CanisWolfred

I only said it because it was the fifth time someone had to bring up that same point in this thread, and the second time it was told directly to you, yet you still didn't get it. So excuse me for using a hammer to get my point through a brick wall.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

I only said it because it was the fifth time someone had to bring up that same point in this thread, and the second time it was told directly to you, yet you still didn't get it. So excuse me for using a hammer to get my point through a brick wall.

Okay, man. Okay. >.> You made your point LOUD and CLEAR.

Master of the Hype Train

Knux

I can't believe people are actually complaining about this. This is an awesome idea from Sony. It allows gamers to not only play (most) Vita games on a HDTV, but it also allows people to buy the Vita TV if they don't care for portability. This will increase the Vita's install base as long as it sells well and the Vita will get better third party support as a result. $99 for a console is an awesome deal. I want this to come to the West ASAP!

Knux

LzWinky

At least Sony's now trying to save its handheld rather than ignore its problems...though some of the problems are still present (like the proprietary memory cards)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

Vita TV actually makes for a great portable console. Its easy to plug in and out and play some fighting games with friends.

But it just makes me wish that the PS4 came in grey (despite the Black with blue strip looks awesome.)

Really hope we get a suprise NA announcement. I'm not sure if i'll be able to get a PS4 this year.(9 times out of 10 I'll get it around the same time it comes out in Japan). Bu I would pick this up without hesitation even buying an expensive memory card and a controller.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RancidVomit86

I am highly interest in Vita TV. I mean for that price why wouldn't you be?

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

LzWinky

RancidVomit86 wrote:

If you had a bad experience with Sony products before

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SwerdMurd

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

What I don't understand is how some journalists are hyping the ability to play your PS4 titles on another TV with the Vita TV. Why the heck is this so amazing? I can understand playing from the handheld...but another TV?

I could play my PS4, via streaming, from a TV in someone else's house. Or at the lake. Or anywhere I don't feel like bringing my PS4. That sounds way more useful than using my busted plasticky bad-controller screen to play WiiU games 8 feet from my TV. And people have the option not to get it - eat that, Wii U.

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Also, after thinking a bit, I think I see the market on this thing. Anyone who just wants the cheapest option available.

What a horrible tactic! Targetting every price range! What fools Sony must be to map out such a successful business blueprint for success over the next 6-10 years.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

kkslider5552000

my brother brought his xbox a couple times when we on vacation in the past

didn't cost a penny to do that

you're trying too hard

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SwerdMurd

Morphtorok wrote:

I hope that lake has a good internet connection.

Yes it does.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Jaz007

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

If you had a bad experience with Sony products before

What was the experience?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.