Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

Knux

981. Posted:

I'm just going to leave this here...

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

982. Posted:

lol no way. there are games on that lists that have never been announced for vita.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

983. Posted:

So you left a rumor here that no one understands or is sure of? :D

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

984. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Did you buy a 3DS at launch? By the time I bought my 3DS, console case, extra memory card and a game I spent more for the 3DS than I did the Vita First Edition Bundle.

huh? when did you buy your 3DS? and why "memory card"? it has 2gb sd-card in it. what console case?
you just bought it at a pretty expensive shop i guess^^
i bought mine at launch and got a case, 2 game cases and screenprotectors...FOR FREE^^

you did something wrong dude xD

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

985. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Did you buy a 3DS at launch? By the time I bought my 3DS, console case, extra memory card and a game I spent more for the 3DS than I did the Vita First Edition Bundle.

Enjoy your $30 2 GB memory cards. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my $15 4 GB memory card :D

Also, I bought a 3DS, carry bag, a game, and the memory card above for $260. I dunno where you got your 3DS but you got ripped off ;)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Blaze

986. Posted:

Ohhhh, FFX on Vita, now that's interesting...

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

987. Posted:

@6ch6ris6

he bought the 3ds for 250
he then bought a bigger sd card to future proof that's about 40-60 depending on the size
he then spent twetny on a case.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

988. Posted:

I paid £175 for 3ds on launch day and got a game with it for free at tescos, and a week later i bought a 16gb sd card for £8.99
i also bought my girlfriend the same deal with a different game so i got 2 3DS's with 2 games for £350. Hmmm how much would 2 ps vitas be with 2 games and a memory card i wonder, i dread to think

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

989. Posted:

@PinkSlider I'm in the US and no retailers here were giving away free games with the 3DS at launch like they were in the UK. You guys had retailers fighting price wars, but that's not the way our economy works here. Even if they did though, a good friend of mine runs a Gamestop and I do the majority of my business with him. Many times I could get a better deal, but I can afford a few extra dollars and enjoy doing business with a friend.

I paid $249.99 for my 3DS, Pilotwings was $39.99, case combo was 24.99 and extra memory card was around $9.99. That's a grand total of $324.96. That's only about $20 less than what I paid for my Vita bundle.

I adore my 3DS and I was one of the few around these forums taking up for the 3DS when the majority of our members thought the $249 price of the 3DS was too high. It wasn't until Vita launched in Japan that the majority started praising the 3DS's 3D image. I've been sold on the 3DS since the instant I touched the "Activate 3D" button on my first 3DS - yes, I've even had multiple 3DS console failures too. If I could go back knowing that the 3DS would drop in price, I'd still pay $249 for my 3DS!

Vita is a good deal at it's current price, just as the 3DS is and was at launch. If your not happy with the price of anything in gaming market, then guess what? Nobody is making you buy it!

@Knux That's a nice list you found, but if you saw the list I dug up about 4 months ago that had around 100+ Vita titles on it, you guys would probably flip-out. I'll have to see if I can find it. I don't think I've got it on my HD anymore though, so it'll be tough to track down.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

990. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

I adore my 3DS and I was one of the few around these forums taking up for the 3DS when the majority of our members thought the $249 price of the 3DS was too high.

The hell? That never happened. This was the only forum I've been to where the vast majority of users didn't think the price was too high. Hell, some users here thought the price was generous, while most thought it was at least reasonable.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

991. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

I adore my 3DS and I was one of the few around these forums taking up for the 3DS when the majority of our members thought the $249 price of the 3DS was too high.

The hell? That never happened. This was the only forum I've been to where the vast majority of users didn't think the price was too high. Hell, some users here thought the price was generous, while most thought it was at least reasonable.

After the price drop everyone started to realize it was overpriced especially compared to the Vita.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

992. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

After the price drop everyone started to realize it was overpriced especially compared to the Vita.

You're confusing what should have happened to what actually happened.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

993. Posted:

After the price drop everyone realized it was overpriced.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

994. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

After the price drop everyone realized it was overpriced.

Fanboy "yeah I can admit that sucks now that it doesn't matter and is completely in the past so I can't damage my precious company's name" logic doesn't count. As anything.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

995. Posted:

I don't know what your trying to say. But if I had to guess it has nothing to do with me whatsoever.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

996. Posted:

I don't know what you're trying to say either, V. Just because everyone realized way later when the price dropped doesn't mean nothing for what I'm talking about. Hell, quite a few people still didn't admit to the 3DS being overpriced originally once the price dropped, so yeah. Not sure where you're going there.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

997. Posted:

The Ambassador titles have kinda muddied the waters re: people being okay paying full original price for their 3DSes or not. It just depends on who you ask, really, but the overwhelming majority of our (actively posting) userbase has been supportive of paying the original price and getting the Ambassador games for it.

if i've read everything correctly, kkslider is right IMO; though a few more people have spoken up about paying too much at launch now that the Ambassador games have been released, most of the time it's in the same breath as 'but the free games made it worthwhile'. it doesn't really count toward what Slapshot is saying, which I can't really remember happening either.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

998. Posted:

Granted, I don't particularly go through every thread here, but to me it seemed that I was reading a lot more negative from our regular members about the initial 3DS launch price. I remember being surprised by many of our readers comments back then and because of that, it's highly likely it made it seem that way for me.

Once again though, everything I've stated has been taken completely out of context in this thread by the most minimal part of what I was speaking on. So, I'm stepping away from this thread for good, as it's going nowhere but in circles once again. I enjoy talking about upcoming hardware and games in the OG, but that's just not happening here.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

999. Posted:

What's the Vita doing here in NLife? I got mine early on launch day, and it was worth the $250. I have the big $20 case, didn't want screen protectors (small gap uncovered on touch screen caught my stylus a lot, resulting in me losing a boss battle I should've won in Spirit Tracks), $8 Skullcandy headphones, I already had a cleaning cloth from the DSi screen protection kit + bundled 2 gig memory card & charging cradle, and my bro gave me one of his many backup styluses (I swear, he's got way too many). Total: $278. Vita game bundle - all those little bonuses: $350. The best part: I can get a 8 gig SD card for $30, when a 4 gig mem stick costs $35. Ha! And I get 20 free ambassador games (over 10 of which are complete blasts, even though they're old). If Vita took SD cards, and came w/ a 2 gig SD card, then it'd be worth it. Now, not really. Even w/ considerably more processing power, better graphics, better cameras, multi-touch capabilities, a rear touchpad (really?), built-in dual sticks, and a extra 1/2 hour of battery life + 3G. I don't want to pay for 3G, who needs a rear touchpad (even 3D makes more sense - easier to judge distance in SM3D Land), and 1/2 hour isn't much. Plus, w/ Circle Pad Pro, I get 2 extra shoulder buttons. 3DS isn't nearly as bad as the DS, so Vita wasn't worth it for me. 3D is more like icing on the cake, and it's only a gimmick when a company like Ubisoft uses it like one (Asphalt 3D), unlike Nintendo w/ 3D Land & Pushmo (it actually helped me quite a bit). Plus, SSB's on its way, plus a SECOND Zelda, and much more. Call of Duty was there for DS, why not 3DS? I think Vita is somewhat better, without price in mind, or memory cards for that matter. Until then, continue to be put through the cleaners in terms of $ w/ the Vita. 3DS is better than 4S, even though tech specs are pretty close according to devs. See games, price, online system, and user interface. Same goes w/ Vita, though, 4S is even worse.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,000. Posted:

Still, Vita's okay. Just saying. It's up to you. Personally though, I like 3DS a little better from what I've heard and seen. Never played it though. Still should be amazing. If Microsoft made handhelds instead of Nintendo, I'd choose Sony in a heartbeat. Microsoft, Xbox Live fees, and price are the reasons I didn't get a 360. Price was the problem w/ PS3 (couldn't afford it). Also, I like Nintendo's originality. See Vita's Near feature & Streetpass, or Kinect & Sega Activator + Warioware Snapped.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294