Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 921 to 940 of 2,628

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

921. Posted:

I honestly don't get the negative criticism of "gimmicks" in general. I like gimmicks because they offer something new on the table, whether it's a success or not. In terms of gaming consoles, the gimmicks are what prevent a (insert console name here) 2.0 with only improved hardware, graphics, etc. In other words, it's nice to see something new every now and then

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

922. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

I honestly don't get the negative criticism of "gimmicks" in general. I like gimmicks because they offer something new on the table, whether it's a success or not. In terms of gaming consoles, the gimmicks are what prevent a (insert console name here) 2.0 with only improved hardware, graphics, etc. In other words, it's nice to see something new every now and then

I'll give ya that gimmicks aren't all bad, but most of the time they feel tacked on, Kind of like 3D or HD - they're different, but not really useful.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

923. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

I'll give ya that gimmicks aren't all bad, but most of the time they feel tacked on, Kind of like 3D or HD - they're different, but not really useful.

I don't know, they're sorta kinda useful to your eyes. B-)

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

924. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Yeah, you're not funny.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

925. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Yeah, you're not funny.

made me laugh, good job GundamMac

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

926. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

GundamMac

...hmmmm...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

927. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lol you're so funny GL :D

made my day :)

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

928. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Yeah, you're not funny.

made me laugh, good job GundamMac

That's actually really catchy. And appropriate since Mickeymac loves Gundam.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

929. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

Yeah, you're not funny.

and neither are you. play nice, please.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

930. Posted:

I completely disagree with 'HD being unuseful'. How can you even say that? It's the next visual upgrade in graphics. You don't really wanna view all those nice textures your new powerful console can pump out in nasty SD do you? It's the next step forward. Hardly a gimmick.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

931. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

I completely disagree with 'HD being unuseful'. How can you even say that? It's the next visual upgrade in graphics. You don't really wanna view all those nice textures your new powerful console can pump out in nasty SD do you? It's the next step forward. Hardly a gimmick.

I have been for 3 years. It looks just as good to me, and I have never seen the point of upgrading. Sure, I have HD TVs, too. Tried them on it, and it still looked the same to me, hardly enough of a difference to call it "the next step in graphics". That's just market hype bull if you ask me.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

932. Posted:

if it still looked the same, are you sure you had the right cables so that you were actually able to play in HD? the difference between SD and HD is rather marked; it's hard at first to go back to SD after you've been watching/playing things in the clarity of an HDTV for a while IMO.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

933. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

if it still looked the same, are you sure you had the right cables so that you were actually able to play in HD? the difference between SD and HD is rather marked; it's hard at first to go back to SD after you've been watching/playing things in the clarity of an HDTV for a while IMO.

I've seen HD at it's fullest for years and I have to say SD and HD don't look too different to me either. It's not a deal breaker or a game changer like people say it is. It's just eye candy.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

934. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Yup, still didn't see much of a difference. I've even been using my HD TV for 2 years now, and I still have no problem going back to SD - I mean, I notice a difference at first, but then I get used to it in, like, a minute.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

935. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

I agree. A couple weeks ago I plugged my Wii in for the first time in a while (to play Zelda: SS of course), after having played my PS3 for months. Everything was so blurry and fuzzy compared to the clarity that the PS3 had I could hardly stand it. There's such a big difference, it makes me wonder about people who can't see it...

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

936. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

I agree. A couple weeks ago I plugged my Wii in for the first time in a while (to play Zelda: SS of course), after having played my PS3 for months. Everything was so blurry and fuzzy compared to the clarity that the PS3 had I could hardly stand it. There's such a big difference, it makes me wonder about people who can't see it...

INTERESTING

INTERESANTE

So I've heard Vita game sales have been doing poorly. That dissappoints me, hell Vita probably has as many original (well "technically" original) games worth buying as 3DS already. Honestly, while I'm not expecting it to last, I'm still hoping it gets some great launch sales in America just for having the innovative idea of starting out with games anyone actually cares about. WHAT A CONCEPT.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

937. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

So I've heard Vita game sales have been doing poorly. That dissappoints me, hell Vita probably has as many original (well "technically" original) games worth buying as 3DS already. Honestly, while I'm not expecting it to last, I'm still hoping it gets some great launch sales in America just for having the innovative idea of starting out with games anyone actually cares about.

You must be speaking ironically/sarcastically correct? If not you would have had no reason to quote me.

So lemme just say, that's completely going away from the point I was making. We were discussing SD/HD and how they look, and you go off on some rant about original games? I don't even know what to say, so...

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

938. Posted:

I agree i don't see the difference between HD and SD, so until i'm proven wrong I won't upgrade to hdmi's

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

939. Posted:

guys, i was attempting to just say that there is a visible difference between SD and HD, in no way was i trying to say it was a deal-breaker of any kind. i'm busy or else i'd be able to explain myself more, will do so later.

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

940. Posted:

http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1215771p1.html

Why am I even posting this, I hate rumors.