Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 881 to 900 of 2,625

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

881. Posted:

@Waveboy

The parts in the vita are comparable to something like the galaxy nexus. Also factor in non-crappy cameras and an oles screen.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

882. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Waveboy

The parts in the vita are comparable to something like the galaxy nexus. Also factor in non-crappy cameras and an oles screen.

Galaxy Nexus? what in the hell in gods name is that?lol And I could care less about the 3DS's camera's. :p
Give me some Nintendo goodness in 3D and I'm good to go baby. B-) I don't care about all of these little strapped on aps.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

883. Posted:

Those things factor into the price. The galaxy nexus is google's newest flagship phone. (keep forgetting this isn't. A tech forum)

The vita is worth around the same price as a off-contract smartphone which is around $600. They're taking a near $300 loss which is why the memory cards cost woo much. The 3Ds isn't nearly dashing nintendo that type ofvloss.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Knux

884. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

crazyj2312 wrote:

How are they marketing it wrong?

How about the lack of marketing? Do you know any non-gamers who even know about Vita? They've got no clue about the Vita. Sony is about to unleash the most cutting-edge gaming handheld across the world and hardly anybody know about it outside of the gaming community. That's a marketing problem!

Cutting edge? How so when it doesn't even boast 3D technology. lol Just saying. :p
Superior Graphics isn't everything, if that were the case I would of quit gaming long ago. But to be fair, the Vita and 3DS seem to be completely different based on the audience that they're targeting. If the 3DS was just a leap in the graphics department i'd hardly be excited, but 'because' it has 3D technology it makes gaming far more immersive, wow worthy, and excititing 'when done right' of course.

3D isn't as ''cutting edge'' and ''awesome'' as people claim it to be it. Most of time the 3D is either gimmicky, has ghosting effects, or gives me headaches. Vita doesn't have 3D, but it has graphics close or on par with a PS3. How is that not cutting edge? I don't think 3D is all that great, and the 3DS didn't sell well because of it's 3D feature. In the end, it sold well because of the great games that came out for it so far. Awesome games equals sales, and it will be the same case with the Vita.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

885. Posted:

@knux

The vita is nowhere close to being near a ps3. Its the illusion the screen size gives you. Blow it up and it looks like crap. Same thing with stuff like infinty blade. Looks great but view viedo of the arcade version or people who got itonto a bigger screen and it looks nasty.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

886. Posted:

3D isn't as ''cutting edge'' and ''awesome'' as people claim it to be it. Most of time the 3D is either gimmicky, has ghosting effects, or gives me headaches

Your saying your opinion like it's a fact. Just because you experience it differntly than others doesn't mean it's a gimmick to everyone. To me, it's one of the coolest options in the world and to others, it's a game maker. As time goes on the 3D in the 3DS seems to improve. From OoT3D's somewhat ghosting effects, to Super Mario 3D Land's flawless 3D. That was a fairly short period of time going from good to great if you ask me.

Vita doesn't have 3D, but it has graphics close or on par with a PS3

Because great, cutting edge graphics sell systems regardless eh? PS3 and Wii have a long story about their lives to share with you

I don't think 3D is all that great, and the 3DS didn't sell well because of it's 3D feature.

Neither will Vita's features. It just won't and Japan has proven this already. Most people own a PS3 and many people prefer having a home console rather than a breakable portable. Plus from what we know there's nothing system selling about the hardware on Vita's part.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

887. Posted:

IMHO the 3DS isnt just the 3D screen. The amount of memory and processing power is much greater than the DSi and a major selling point for me.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

stromboli

888. Posted:

http://www.insidejapantours.com/japan-news/2203/japan-retaile...

Japan retailers cut Sony PS Vita price as Nintendo 3DS dominates
The battle between Japan's handheld computer games consoles is hotting up, with news that the prices of the Sony PlayStation Vita have been slashed by many retailers following a slump in demand.

After a successful opening week in which the successor to the Sony PSP sold almost 325,000 units in Japan, sales have nosedived, with just 72,479 being bought in its second week.

As a result of this, retailers in Japan have decided to cut its price, with many fearful that sales were unlikely to pick up.

With most Japanese consumers opting for the cheaper WiFi only model, stores have slashed as much as 20 per cent from the price of the more expensive 3G model to encourage buyers.

For Sony, this news was made all the worse by the fact that Nintendo's latest handheld console, the 3DS, continues to sell incredibly well.

A staggering 482,200 3DS units were sold in the same week that the PS Vita sold just 72,479, the Metro reported.

Nintendo of America, meanwhile, announced this week that over 4 million 3DS have been sold so far, putting it ahead of both its record-selling Wii and DS consoles in the timeframe that it has been available.

=

oooooops. Well Sony, I guess it is time that you either port Uncharted and LBP to the 3DS, ORRRR release a 3D portable console with two screens, and say that this time it is not kiddie, and that it is much better because it has a glowing ball. :)

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

stromboli

889. Posted:

@WaveBoy,shingi_70 It might be worth mentioning by the way that the camera in the Vita and the camera in the 3DS is exactly the same camera with exactly the same resolution (VGA or 0.3 mega pixels). Except of course that the 3DS has three cameras and Vita has two.

EDIT: Correction - the camera of the 3DS is superior to the Vita.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1wf7cCsTmY#start=0:00;end=8:1...

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

Magi

890. Posted:

I keep coming into this thread thinking there will be some awesome Vita news. Instead I'm always greeted with the same circular and argumentative 3DS vs. Vita nonsense. Makes me a sad Magi. :(

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

kingofe3

891. Posted:

Vita is too expensive for me. And the games are not within my liking. Guess i'm just destined to like Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS forever. DS forever.
Wii U forever. Wii forever.
Nintendo forever.
3DS Friend Code: 4253-3526-1096
Read my fanfiction story: A New World I Never Noticed (A Bleach & Mai HiME crossover)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7248436/1/
Youtube preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnYaYWUE-I

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

892. Posted:

I'm really hope lords of apoclyspe is coming.
any word on when that diablo game is coming.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

893. Posted:

Magi wrote:

I keep coming into this thread thinking there will be some awesome Vita news. Instead I'm always greeted with the same circular and argumentative 3DS vs. Vita nonsense. Makes me a sad Magi. :(

Agreed! ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

894. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Waveboy

The parts in Vita are comparable to something like the Galaxy Nexus.

Exactly! Except that it's a gaming console that doesn't require a monthly activation fee and/or contract to buy. Also, you're getting it for $249, instead of what a Nexus which list for over $500.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

895. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

And @kkslider5552000: I never said the Vita is a redundant electronic. I said it has redundant features, and I have quite clearly stated reasons for my opinion. Your aggressively mocking comments need to be seen somewhere far away from the verge of common sense.

you can't have a trollface avatar AND be easily mad on the internet. It doesn't work that way.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

JayArr

896. Posted:

stromboli wrote:

http://www.insidejapantours.com/japan-news/2203/japan-retaile...

Japan retailers cut Sony PS Vita price as Nintendo 3DS dominates
The battle between Japan's handheld computer games consoles is hotting up, with news that the prices of the Sony PlayStation Vita have been slashed by many retailers following a slump in demand.

After a successful opening week in which the successor to the Sony PSP sold almost 325,000 units in Japan, sales have nosedived, with just 72,479 being bought in its second week.

As a result of this, retailers in Japan have decided to cut its price, with many fearful that sales were unlikely to pick up.

With most Japanese consumers opting for the cheaper WiFi only model, stores have slashed as much as 20 per cent from the price of the more expensive 3G model to encourage buyers.

For Sony, this news was made all the worse by the fact that Nintendo's latest handheld console, the 3DS, continues to sell incredibly well.

A staggering 482,200 3DS units were sold in the same week that the PS Vita sold just 72,479, the Metro reported.

Nintendo of America, meanwhile, announced this week that over 4 million 3DS have been sold so far, putting it ahead of both its record-selling Wii and DS consoles in the timeframe that it has been available.

=

Everyone is going to ignore this news? Retailers in Japan are slashing prices (some up to 20%) already to stimulate stagnant sales. Granted its only the 3G model but this could have a huge effect on the US and EU launches.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

897. Posted:

I'm kinda sad for Vita. Why do people not like GOOD launch games? :(

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

898. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm kinda sad for the Vita discussion thread. Why do trolls not like GOOD discussions on NL and derail them every single time? :(

Couldn't agree more kkslider.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

899. Posted:

It's the PS3 all over again, I guess Sony didn't learn the first time. The PS3 also had a rocky start, but after a bunch of price cuts, more exclusive games, and the Slim model were released, PS3 sales picked up dramatically.

I expect the same to happen to the Vita.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

sykotek

900. Posted:

What the...the parts in Vita are the same as the ones in the Galaxy Nexus? Where are the sources on that? Google's top search hits come here.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.