Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 861 to 880 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

861. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

They can't afford to drop the price like Nintendo can. I'll bet ya they can afford to do bundles, though.

The couldn't afford the massive price drops the PS3 had, yet they still did it.

So now Microsoft is making a profit on the Xbox 360, and Sony is still struggling financially? My how times have changed. It was the complete opposite last gen.

You also realize sony is Screwed up all over while Mircosoft had enough money to Take the losses of the Xbox 1 and the 360 with out batting in an eye.

The PS3 hurt sony as it killed 10 years of pure profit in less than two, but all their other branches have been losing money as well.

So why are they still in the gaming industry? They obviously haven't learned their lesson with the Vita.

And that was all Sony's fault to price the PS3 at $500 and cram all that useless tech in it. The Blu-ray drive and Cell processor are what drove the price up so much. Now Blu-ray drives are much cheaper than they were in 2006/2007, but Sony should have realized how much of a hit they were going to take.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

862. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

They can't afford to drop the price like Nintendo can. I'll bet ya they can afford to do bundles, though.

The couldn't afford the massive price drops the PS3 had, yet they still did it.

So now Microsoft is making a profit on the Xbox 360, and Sony is still struggling financially? My how times have changed. It was the complete opposite last gen.

You also realize sony is Screwed up all over while Mircosoft had enough money to Take the losses of the Xbox 1 and the 360 with out batting in an eye.

The PS3 hurt sony as it killed 10 years of pure profit in less than two, but all their other branches have been losing money as well.

So why are they still in the gaming industry? They obviously haven't learned their lesson with the Vita.

And that was all Sony's fault to price the PS3 at $500 and cram all that useless tech in it. The Blu-ray drive and Cell processor are what drove the price up so much. Now Blu-ray drives are much cheaper than they were in 2006/2007, but Sony should have realized how much of a hit they were going to take.

Even though they are in Bad postion and leaking money everywhere they still are a tech company and have to come up with new products and try to get the consumer good will up.

Sadly they have been surpaseed by Samsung in most consumer products. That coupled with some what less horrible quality (phones and laptops) and Horrible pricing (TVs) they are forcing themselves out of the market.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

863. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Even though they are in Bad postion and leaking money everywhere they still are a tech company and have to come up with new products and try to get the consumer good will up.

Sadly they have been surpaseed by Samsung in most consumer products. That coupled with some what less horrible quality (phones and laptops) and Horrible pricing (TVs) they are forcing themselves out of the market.

Do you think Sony will ever be able to make the PlayStation brand as big as it was during the PS2 years?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

864. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I agree with everyone not buying the 3G version. If you can't even play games with the 3G service and it's $25 a month then whats the point? Also, unlike in the USA, there's no deal for me in the UK to even get the system early so its even less appealing. Also it's £50/$50 more expensive! For what it is the 3G service isn't worth it; I'll be picking up my WiFi Vita on Feb 22nd.

Its $50 extra as it has extra parts in it that the Wi-fi version doesn't. It has the 3G radio as well as a GPS.

Most phones nowadays have internet radio and satellite GPS. Therefore, redundant.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

865. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I agree with everyone not buying the 3G version. If you can't even play games with the 3G service and it's $25 a month then whats the point? Also, unlike in the USA, there's no deal for me in the UK to even get the system early so its even less appealing. Also it's £50/$50 more expensive! For what it is the 3G service isn't worth it; I'll be picking up my WiFi Vita on Feb 22nd.

Its $50 extra as it has extra parts in it that the Wi-fi version doesn't. It has the 3G radio as well as a GPS.

Most phones nowadays have internet radio and satellite GPS. Therefore, redundant.

How does that Factor in the price.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

866. Posted:

@shingi: i think she's saying that most people (perhaps including herself) will already have a smartphone on them that can do 3G radio as well as function as a GPS, therefore shelling out the extra $50 so that their Vita can do those things too would be unnecessary.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Corbs

867. Posted:

I think Sony should cut their losses and just release the wi-fi version for $200. Or at the very least, toss in a 4GB memory stick with the $250 price tag.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

868. Posted:

Sony is already losing enough money with each individual Vita system. I can't see a price drop anytime soon.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

869. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Sony is already losing enough money with each individual Vita system. I can't see a price drop anytime soon.

I couldn't agree more. It seems as if people just aren't getting it.

Sony in my humble opinion is the big man on campus. I think PlayStation no matter their gumbles and stumbles is still the best of the best in gaming. I love PlayStation more than I could ever love the XBOX brand and PlayStation has always been my biggest love after Nintendo.

I think that the $249.99 price tag for the Wi-Fi model is still fair but I agree that the 3G model needs to hit the hay as it is just shy of worthless in my opinion. I don't think the PS Vita will be getting a price drop anytime soon because Sony is ALREADY selling the amazing device at a loss and furthermore I think the PS Vita is WORTH the price because it is basically a PS3 in the palm of ones hand.

I don't even think that the comparison between the Nintendo 3DS price cut and the PS Vita's difficult position is relevant nor fair. Compared to the PS Vita the Nintendo 3DS is in Jr. Highschool while the PS Vita is the college kid's best buddy. It's like trying to compare the Blackberry Playbook to the Apple iPad which can't be done because the iPad slays and flays the Blackberry Playbook to a dead sizzle. The PS Vita runs a gazillion technological circles around the 3DS making it pail in comparison to the Vita. The PlayStation Vita is worth the $249.99 price because it merits that price.

I also don't agree with those who assert that Sony should have left the Blu-Ray out of the PS3 as that is the very feature that made the PS3 appealing to our family. Imagine a gaming system that isn't just a gaming system. The PS3 is an EVERYTHING machine. Seriously baby! The PS3 DOES EVERYTHING. That's part of the reason I love PlayStation. PlayStation KICKS bottoms up.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

870. Posted:

You have to be market leader to be big man on campus. Sony isn't market leader anywhere.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

871. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

You could say the same thing about the iPad.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

872. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

You have to be market leader to be big man on campus. Sony isn't market leader anywhere.

...and who exactly is the so called market leader? And what's their lineup for this year?

The PS3 is gaining more steam in the home console market than any other system and they are also the company that is only two months from dropping the most cutting edge handheld on the market we've ever seen. The PS3 also has by far the largest amount of exclusive titles dropping on it this year as well. . ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

873. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

if we just go by general "redundant electronics", most handheld devices in general nowadays. Who else wants jack of all trades device #97?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

HitomisGuy

874. Posted:

Meh...... They are marketing it wrong... also,they need more gusto in their REASON to purchase the Vita. Also, IMO they are trying to please too many crowds. They should focus on their so called 'cross genre' class of fans already. 3DS ftw....

→OG← The ORIGINAL Gamer—

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

875. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

...and who exactly is the so called market leader? And what's their lineup for this year?

The PS3 is gaining more steam in the home console market than any other system and they are also the company that is only two months from dropping the most cutting edge handheld on the market we've ever seen. The PS3 also has by far the largest amount of exclusive titles dropping on it this year as well. . ;)

I thought the 360 was gaining steam with the huge success of Kinect?

The reason the PS3 has more exclusives is because Sony has a worldwide legion of first-party studios at their disposal.

Sony_Computer_Entertainment wrote:

Europe
Bigbig Studios
Cambridge Studio
Evolution Studios
Guerrilla Games
London Studio
Studio Liverpool
Media Molecule

Japan
Japan Studio
Polyphony Digital Inc.

North America
Bend Studio
Foster City Studio
Naughty Dog
San Diego Studio
Santa Monica Studio
Zipper Interactive
Sucker Punch

Click here for more info

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

crazyj2312

876. Posted:

Aquari wrote:

Meh...... They are marketing it wrong... also,they need more gusto in their REASON to purchase the Vita. Also, IMO they are trying to please too many crowds. They should focus on their so called 'cross genre' class of fans already. 3DS ftw....

How are they marketing it wrong?

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage

HitomisGuy

877. Posted:

crazyj2312 wrote:

Aquari wrote:

by throwing it out there with no memory card....

→OG← The ORIGINAL Gamer—

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

878. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

Oh, for Christ's sake. No, you can not. The iPad is a perfectly well-functioning tablet computer, comparable to a laptop, and will obviously have a few features relatable to a phone/smartphone. And for obvious reason too. Those are what the iPad runs against, and so these additions are perfectly normal.

The PS Vita is a handheld gaming console. It does not need certain things that are for miscellaneous utility. Many would rather see more things integrated for gaming than just flashing 3G tools around.

Please consider these things before launching into an instant rivalry against my posts, comparing them to what isn't even a competitor, or even in the same category.

And @kkslider5552000: I never said the Vita is a redundant electronic. I said it has redundant features, and I have quite clearly stated reasons for my opinion. Your aggressively mocking comments need to be seen somewhere far away from the verge of common sense.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

879. Posted:

crazyj2312 wrote:

How about the lack of marketing? Do you know any non-gamers who even know about Vita? They've got no clue about the Vita. Sony is about to unleash the most cutting-edge gaming handheld across the world and hardly anybody know about it outside of the gaming community. That's a marketing problem!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

880. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

crazyj2312 wrote:

How about the lack of marketing? Do you know any non-gamers who even know about Vita? They've got no clue about the Vita. Sony is about to unleash the most cutting-edge gaming handheld across the world and hardly anybody know about it outside of the gaming community. That's a marketing problem!

Cutting edge? How so when it doesn't even boast 3D technology. lol Just saying. :p
Superior Graphics isn't everything, if that were the case I would of quit gaming long ago. But to be fair, the Vita and 3DS seem to be completely different based on the audience that they're targeting. If the 3DS was just a leap in the graphics department i'd hardly be excited, but 'because' it has 3D technology it makes gaming far more immersive, wow worthy, and excititing 'when done right' of course.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!