Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 841 to 860 of 2,922

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

841. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

@tendoboy - Yeah, except all the things 3G allows you to do on the Vita can be more efficiently done on a phone with 3G, which is more befitting. You can't even go online multiplayer with 3G. It's absolutely redundant.

And there's no unlimited plan, from what I've heard so far. It's a 2GB allowance. The feature with tire rapidly.

If the Vita was on Sprint then it would have unlimited data... :|

So how does the bill work? Can you add the Vita to your existing cell phone bill? Or does the Vita get a separate 3G plan?

Also, how do you know you can't play online over 3G? Why else would they include it then?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

842. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

@tendoboy - Yeah, except all the things 3G allows you to do on the Vita can be more efficiently done on a phone with 3G, which is more befitting. You can't even go online multiplayer with 3G. It's absolutely redundant.

And there's no unlimited plan, from what I've heard so far. It's a 2GB allowance. The feature with tire rapidly.

If the Vita was on Sprint then it would have unlimited data... :|

So how does the bill work? Can you add the Vita to your existing cell phone bill? Or does the Vita get a separate 3G plan?

Also, how do you know you can't play online over 3G? Why else would they include it then?

Messaging people and buying stuff from the store.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

843. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Messaging people and buying stuff from the store.

So can you put the Vita's 3G plan on your existing cell phone bill? Or is it a separate bill?

No online play over 3G? That makes it pretty much useless. If the Vita was on an unlimited plan like Sprint, then consumers wouldn't have to worry about getting charged for going over their data.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

844. Posted:

@tendoboy It's a monthly fee with no contract.

You can play games over a 3G connection, it's just not preferred. In some places around the world, 3G service is fantastic, e.g., Japan, but for the most everyone else it's far inferior to a WiFi connection.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

845. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

cool backpedaling

That's far enough. You can take your unwarranted comments elsewhere.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

846. Posted:

sorry, pet peeve

too accurate but who cares, internet debates, whatever

Vita! Need to look more into that Ruin or whatever game, heard some cool stuff about it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

847. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

No online play over 3G? That makes it pretty much useless. If the Vita was on an unlimited plan like Sprint, then consumers wouldn't have to worry about getting charged for going over their data.

That's what I've been trying to tell you from the beginning... :|

Slapshot wrote:

@tendoboy It's a monthly fee with no contract.

You can play games over a 3G connection, it's just not preferred. In some places around the world, 3G service is fantastic, e.g., Japan, but for the most everyone else it's far inferior to a WiFi connection.

As far as the Vita's concerned in EU and NA, you can't play online in real-time multiplayer. Only strategy games and the like, iirc.


Good Lord, it's true. Vita was shown running Sega Mega Drive games. Source.

...Maybe my Mega Drive is now redundant. :O

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link245

848. Posted:

I think the 3G model is stupid. I'm getting the $250 Wi-Fi model. 3G is inferior to Wi-Fi, and there's a download limit, so you couldn't play games or download games. The only think it would be food or is to get on the Internet, but I have my smartphone for that.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

849. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

I think the 3G model is stupid. I'm getting the $250 Wi-Fi model. 3G is inferior to Wi-Fi, and there's a download limit, so you couldn't play games or download games. The only think it would be food or is to get on the Internet, but I have my smartphone for that.

Not sure if Serious.

Unless you have some crazy T1 fiber optics line than Wi-fi won't be that fast and depending on where you are not as available.

But Yeah they should have went with an HSPA+ (not been confrimed yet) backhaul up under a LTE device. Haven't used Att's HSPA+ and I know its not as good as Tmobile's but I would have bought the device on principle just to have an LTE device.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

850. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

I think the 3G model is stupid. I'm getting the $250 Wi-Fi model. 3G is inferior to Wi-Fi, and there's a download limit, so you couldn't play games or download games. The only think it would be food or is to get on the Internet, but I have my smartphone for that.

Well I'm inclined to agree with you. Our 3G phone service isn't as good as we thought it would be and we have Verizon and we live in Atlanta, GA. I have NO intentions of buying the 3G PS Vita at all and what's more the price of the 3G model is just unfair considering it ONLY is bundled with a 4GB Memory Card and Little Deviants to top that off. If it had been bundled with an 8GB Card and either Hot Shots Golf or Uncharted Golden Abyss then I might have reconsidered the 3G model.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

851. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Link245 wrote:

I think the 3G model is stupid. I'm getting the $250 Wi-Fi model. 3G is inferior to Wi-Fi, and there's a download limit, so you couldn't play games or download games. The only think it would be food or is to get on the Internet, but I have my smartphone for that.

Well I'm inclined to agree with you. Our 3G phone service isn't as good as we thought it would be and we have Verizon and we live in Atlanta, GA. I have NO intentions of buying the 3G PS Vita at all and what's more the price of the 3G model is just unfair considering it ONLY is bundled with a 4GB Memory Card and Little Deviants to top that off. If it had been bundled with an 8GB Card and either Hot Shots Golf or Uncharted Golden Abyss then I might have reconsidered the 3G model.

you do know that the Vuta 3G is going through Att. Also you really expected them to pack in items that they know are going to move units on their own.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blaze

852. Posted:

I agree with everyone not buying the 3G version. If you can't even play games with the 3G service and it's $25 a month then whats the point? Also, unlike in the USA, there's no deal for me in the UK to even get the system early so its even less appealing. Also it's £50/$50 more expensive! For what it is the 3G service isn't worth it; I'll be picking up my WiFi Vita on Feb 22nd.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

853. Posted:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I agree with everyone not buying the 3G version. If you can't even play games with the 3G service and it's $25 a month then whats the point? Also, unlike in the USA, there's no deal for me in the UK to even get the system early so its even less appealing. Also it's £50/$50 more expensive! For what it is the 3G service isn't worth it; I'll be picking up my WiFi Vita on Feb 22nd.

Its $50 extra as it has extra parts in it that the Wi-fi version doesn't. It has the 3G radio as well as a GPS.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

854. Posted:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I agree with everyone not buying the 3G version. If you can't even play games with the 3G service and it's $25 a month then whats the point? Also, unlike in the USA, there's no deal for me in the UK to even get the system early so its even less appealing. Also it's £50/$50 more expensive! For what it is the 3G service isn't worth it; I'll be picking up my WiFi Vita on Feb 22nd.

Oh my Tingle! I'm sorry to hear that man.

BTW Shingi-70, I wasn't actually saying I expected them to bundle blockbuster software but I think they COULD do better. I mean, the PSP 2000 had awesome bundles in not long after it's conception as there was Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Daxter and towards the end of it's cycle came the Star Wars Battlefront bundle.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

855. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I agree with everyone not buying the 3G version. If you can't even play games with the 3G service and it's $25 a month then whats the point? Also, unlike in the USA, there's no deal for me in the UK to even get the system early so its even less appealing. Also it's £50/$50 more expensive! For what it is the 3G service isn't worth it; I'll be picking up my WiFi Vita on Feb 22nd.

Oh my Tingle! I'm sorry to hear that man.

BTW Shingi-70, I wasn't actually saying I expected them to bundle blockbuster software but I think they COULD do better. I mean, the PSP 2000 had awesome bundles in not long after it's conception as there was Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Daxter and towards the end of it's cycle came the Star Wars Battlefront bundle.

Yeah I expect to get a Hot shot and Uncharted bundle next christmas. But at launch i don't see it happening.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

856. Posted:

After doing some careful thinking, I've decided to wait a while before I get the Vita. At least until there's a bundle for the Wifi version.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blaze

857. Posted:

Think I might do the same as Mickeymac. I love the hardware and software, but I can't help but think the price will drop very soon after launch.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

858. Posted:

They can't afford to drop the price like Nintendo can. I'll bet ya they can afford to do bundles, though.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

859. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

They can't afford to drop the price like Nintendo can. I'll bet ya they can afford to do bundles, though.

The couldn't afford the massive price drops the PS3 had, yet they still did it.

So now Microsoft is making a profit on the Xbox 360, and Sony is still struggling financially? My how times have changed. It was the complete opposite last gen.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

860. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

They can't afford to drop the price like Nintendo can. I'll bet ya they can afford to do bundles, though.

The couldn't afford the massive price drops the PS3 had, yet they still did it.

So now Microsoft is making a profit on the Xbox 360, and Sony is still struggling financially? My how times have changed. It was the complete opposite last gen.

You also realize sony is Screwed up all over while Mircosoft had enough money to Take the losses of the Xbox 1 and the 360 with out batting in an eye.

The PS3 hurt sony as it killed 10 years of pure profit in less than two, but all their other branches have been losing money as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70