Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 801 to 820 of 2,923

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

801. Posted:

You throw the term "true gamers" around a lot. Which doesn't make sense. That's like saying your not a TRUE ATHOLETE if you don't play and watch baseball.

Your point of view on something =/= truth. It's just another one of those Hardcore vs. Casual BS terms.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

802. Posted:

Only true gaming is on 360, everything else is child's play

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

803. Posted:

So who were the people buying the 3DS's over the Holidays. From looking around when i went shopping most of them weren't gamers. Most gamers either already had one or waiting for the Mythical Revsion that's thinner, has better battery, and two sticks.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

golephish

804. Posted:

can I troll and say that the only REAL GAMING is PC ? if you have th e money get it . when we had these wars before it was usually because you were living off your parents and didn't have a job and couldn't afford anything, wow how things have changed since 81. :) get a job .

NEW 3DS XL FC: 5172-0274-7263

Twitter: golephish

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

805. Posted:

golephish wrote:

can I troll and say that the only REAL GAMING is PC?

Says the person who has a 3DS and comments on a Nintendo fansite.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

806. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

true gamers

instant credibility loss: implying there are "true fans". There is no easier way for me to never take a person's opinion seriously ever again.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

807. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

true gamers

instant credibility loss: implying there are "true fans". There is no easier way for me to never take a person's opinion seriously ever again.

I think he meant to say "traditional gamers", meaning the ones who have supported this industry from the beginning. The ones who buy games often, buy new game systems every few years, pay for Xbox Live subscriptions, expansion packs, DLC, visit gaming sites and message boards... You know who I'm referring to: Gamers like us!

I know we are the minority, but the gaming industry would be dead without people like us. Gaming has always been a niche hobby, and companies like Nintendo and Apple have brought our hobby to a wider audience than ever.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Link245

808. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link245 wrote:

I already have regular MVC3 and Ultimate on Xbox

don't lie, no one bought Ulitmate

Hey, I did buy Ultimate. It was worth it.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

Link245

809. Posted:

What do you guys think about the cross-play feature with the PS3? I think it's pretty cool, but how well do you think it will work?

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

810. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link245 wrote:

I already have regular MVC3 and Ultimate on Xbox

don't lie, no one bought Ulitmate

Hey, I did buy Ultimate. It was worth it.

I did too. :P

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Magi

811. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

What do you guys think about the cross-play feature with the PS3? I think it's pretty cool, but how well do you think it will work?

I think it sounds pretty awesome if I don't have to buy a game twice to be able to do it.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

812. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

It the week after Christmas. People are broke! Also, the 3DS - aside from it's 3D screen - is standard technology and was overpriced to consumers at $249; Vita is clearly not standard technology and is worth the asking price. I highly doubt that any sort of price cut will happen anytime soon.

Remember how idiotic people sounded when everyone what claiming doom and gloom for the 3DS? Well that's the way everyone sound that's now ranting the same claims about Vita sounds too! The few people in Japan that could afford a Vita after all the catastrophic events they've recently been though, as well as the struggling economy there, bought Vita at launch. From here on out, Vita and 3DS sales will be slow for awhile and the current software on the market and cheaper price will indeed keep the 3DS sales higher than Vita.

@Magi I went and swapped my Vita preorder over to the First Edition Bundle. I don't care about the 3G, but getting the Limited Edition hard-shell case, Little Deviants, Memory Card, plus the weeks early access is worth it to me! :D

@shingi I completely disagree. It's the true gamers that are buying the crap out of the 3DS. The same ones who have smart phones and desire the full gaming experiences that can only be offered by handheld consoles. Top it off with some amazing software and it's a complete win. Super Mario 3D Land alone is completely worth every penny of the price of admission!

So Japan is recovering from a disaster...that explains the lot of 3DSes sold in the fall. Yup :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Link245

813. Posted:

I read somewhere that PS3 games would lag on Vita. I think even at Sony's presentation of the Vita, a Sony executive played Killzone 3 and it had tons of lag. Would you still use this feature if it were laggy when it came out? I might use it some because it would be cool.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

814. Posted:

Thanks Tendoboy1984. Traditional Gamers are indeed the people of which I speak. All 'gamers' be they traditional, hardcore or casual are True Gamers perhaps but the Casual demographic will never ever save consoles from dismal failure. Only the people like ourselves are the ones that the big 3 counts on when they give
a keynote at E3 and skip Christmas to release a slick device like the PS Vita at Valentine's Day in the states.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

815. Posted:

@TokyoRed

Actually that comment was in regards to kksliders reply to Slapshot

tendoboy1984 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

true gamers

I think he meant to say "traditional gamers", meaning the ones who have supported this industry from the beginning. The ones who buy games often, buy new game systems every few years, pay for Xbox Live subscriptions, expansion packs, DLC, visit gaming sites and message boards... You know who I'm referring to: Gamers like us!

I know we are the minority, but the gaming industry would be dead without people like us. Gaming has always been a niche hobby, and companies like Nintendo and Apple have brought our hobby to a wider audience than ever.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

816. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@TokyoRed

Actually that comment was in regards to kksliders reply to Slapshot

tendoboy1984 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

true gamers

Yes, I knew that but I just wanted to clarify my position seeing as Viewtiful_Joe was giving me an arrow to the knee. I wanted to let everyone know that I'm not biased against casual gamers. I respect everyone regardless of rank in the gaming pedigree hierarchy.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

817. Posted:

n0!!!!11~~! uR aLL wrng stfu casuaaal gamrz sux!!!! u all sux stfu hardcore ps3 xbox shiz ftw!!!11&&!

/noob rage.

Anybody who actually takes me seriously on this needs a course in Troll 101.

In reality, I just wanted to say I'm not surprised Vita sales have taken a sudden plunge after the first buyers' rage. Terrible console price, unreasonable accessory/memory card costs and such really contribute to it, in my opinion. I think people should just be anticipating a price-drop for the Vita from Sony in the next few months, and it's no surprise, reminiscing back to the whole 3DS mishap.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Magi

818. Posted:

For the record GameLord, I have no problem with the price of the Vita. For what you get, I think it's a fair price. Unfortunately, the memory cards are a R I P O F F but I do understand why Sony wants to use them.

By the way, I just discovered TARGET has a $20 gift card deal and free shipping on a Vita preorder. Let the savings begin!

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

819. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

n0!!!!11~~! uR aLL wrng stfu casuaaal gamrz sux!!!! u all sux stfu hardcore ps3 xbox shiz ftw!!!11&&!

/noob rage.

In reality, I just wanted to say I'm not surprised Vita sales have taken a sudden plunge after the first buyers' rage. Terrible console price, unreasonable accessory/memory card costs and such really contribute to it, in my opinion. I think people should just be anticipating a price-drop for the Vita from Sony in the next few months, and it's no surprise, reminiscing back to the whole 3DS mishap.

In an age of $500+ iPads and $200+ iPod Touches, how is a $250 handheld unreasonable? The Vita has many of the same features as an iPod Touch (both hardware and software), plus PSN is leagues better than Apple's GameCenter crap.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

820. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

Well the 3DS really did need a price drop because it's hardware doesn't merit a two hundred and fifty dollar price tag. The Sony PS Vita is a truly prime piece of technology. It's basically a PS3 in your hands and not only that but it's a swiss knife of a multimedia device in a way and I think it is well worthy of it's price tag but not the memory cards and accessories. Sony is marketing the PS Vita in such a way that one might choose to buy it over a Kindle Fire or even an iPod Touch.

I remember reading a news interview with one of Sony's executives and they said that they're aren't even concerned with comparing the sales of the Nintendo 3DS with those of the PS Vita because they say the PS Vita is in league to compete with things like Apple's iPod Touch.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN