Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 761 to 780 of 2,898

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

761. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

anyone else surprised that lords of apocalype isn't on the Launch list.

Wasn't that a PSP game or am I thinking of God Eater 2?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

762. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

You thinking of God eater.

Lords of Apoclyspe was a Vita and PSP game that was monster hunter like. with all the complaining of no MH game for Vita i'm suprised Square didn't take that as a chance to cement a Non Final Fantasy IP her in the west.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

BJQ1972

763. Posted:

Poor second weeks sales figures for the PS Vita.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a357596/playstation-v...

BJQ1972

Nintendo Network ID: BJQ1972

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

764. Posted:

Has anyone here who imported a PS Vita experienced the glitches that people on Twitter are complaining of? System freezing? Blank screen? Irresponsive controls? I really want to pre-order a PS Vita but of all this glitch business has me on a quake.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

765. Posted:

BJQ1972 wrote:

Not surprising in the least. I knew Vita sales would drop off very quickly. Sony just gave 3DS too much time to build a sufficient arrsenal. 3DS is great and doing good in America, Europe, etc. but its doing even better in Japan. Japanese 3DS systems have access to a ton of "3DSWare," they've got retail game demos going, and their VC in not surprisingly, way farther ahead than anyone elses. And lets not foget, Monster Hunter 3 G came out right before Vita. You know that tipped more than a few people over to the 3DS side. So yeah, long story short, if Sony doesn't price slash Vita quickly like Nintendo did with 3DS, there could be some very dark days ahead for the platform.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

766. Posted:

@bboy2970 Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed it! ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

pntjr

767. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

BJQ1972 wrote:

Not surprising in the least. I knew Vita sales would drop off very quickly. Sony just gave 3DS too much time to build a sufficient arrsenal. 3DS is great and doing good in America, Europe, etc. but its doing even better in Japan. Japanese 3DS systems have access to a ton of "3DSWare," they've got retail game demos going, and their VC in not surprisingly, way farther ahead than anyone elses. And lets not foget, Monster Hunter 3 G came out right before Vita. You know that tipped more than a few people over to the 3DS side. So yeah, long story short, if Sony doesn't price slash Vita quickly like Nintendo did with 3DS, there could be some very dark days ahead for the platform.

Couldnt've said it better myself. I want the Vita though, and nothing will stop me from getting it, but I think the 3DS will win.
It's hard to tell though, we still have 5 years ahead of us...

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

768. Posted:

I think that the PlayStation Vita will gain strength in the summer after more great software is revealed at E3 2012. The January 2012 CES could also increase anticipation for some of the PS Vita. Things are going to be picking up for the Vita just as they are for the 3DS which had a far worse launch than the Vita will probably have in the United States. I know a lot of people who are big on PlayStation and I myself haven't been more excited about PlayStation than I am now for the Vita.

Personally, I think the software line up for the European and American release is quite solid and stunning. I don't think the titles are weak at all. The only thing that could stunt the success of the PS Vita for some is the price for the memory cards as I find the software prices to be reasonable considering the Vita is a PS3 in your hands basically. However, the price for the 3G Vita is a bit offensive to ones wallet or purse but all is forgiven considering the bombastic handheld that the PS Vita is. I think in my humble opinion all things considered that the Vita is quite worth every penny.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

kingofe3

769. Posted:

There are so many problems with the Vita personally that I will never get one.
1. I hate Sony
2. Must have memory cards- I don't have that much money and I know 8 gigs is not going to last.
3. No games I'm interested in
4. The only screen is a touch screen and I hate that it's the only way to navigate through the system menu.
5. Operates too much like a smartphone, even though it's not.
6. No video recording, as of now- I love taking video of my family on my 3DS
7. No very portable- The screen itself is as large as the 3DS. I'm not sure how I can walk around with it and listen to music as easily as I do with my 3DS.
8. Horrible backwards compability- I don't own a PSP, but I know the backwards compabiltiy is bad. Birth by Sleep is the only PSP game I like and the only way to get it on the Vita is to download it, which it is not even avaibale on the Playstation Store. Most "good" third party PSP titles on also not on the Playstation Store. And the titles on there are more expensive than buying it pre-owned.
9. The Rear Touch Panel is useless to me.
10. Price Point
11. Hidden Cost that Sony tries to hide- such as the memory card
12. Accessories are expensive- external battery charger is $50?!
13. The memory cards are not used as easily as SD cards are- come on, I can use the same SD card on my Wii, 3DS, and laptop! Any freaking brand I want to!
14. Finger print manget- same as PSP, but now your forced to touch the screen, god have mercy that my fingers are not sweaty.
15. Remote play is useless to me- I don't own a PS3 or a PSP(as I stated before). And it's a big feature on the Vita.
16. The features on it are just not as appealing as the ones on the 3DS- such as the camera. It's just a camera. On my 3DS, I can take 3D photos and video. I can even edit the photos with effects. Though, this may not seem useful, it's actually quite fun to play around with. I also love adjusting the pitch on the music player, who doesn't love listening to a chipmuck version of "Dynamite by Taio Cruz"?!
17. I don't care how well the graphics look- graphics don't make a game, it's gameplay that makes a game. And i'm tried of people saying that 3DS has bad graphics! Look at Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil: Revelations, Nano Assault, I mean come on, those games look beautiful! And their in 3D! (Glasses free, adjustable, portable 3D!)
I think that's all I can think of currently...

Nintendo 3DS forever. DS forever.
Wii U forever. Wii forever.
Nintendo forever.
3DS Friend Code: 4253-3526-1096
Read my fanfiction story: A New World I Never Noticed (A Bleach & Mai HiME crossover)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7248436/1/
Youtube preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnYaYWUE-I

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

770. Posted:

kingofe3 wrote:

1. I hate Sony
2. Must have memory cards- I don't have that much money and I know 8 gigs is not going to last.
3. No games I'm interested in
4. The only screen is a touch screen and I hate that it's the only way to navigate through the system menu.
5. Operates too much like a smartphone, even though it's not.
6. No video recording, as of now- I love taking video of my family on my 3DS
7. No very portable- The screen itself is as large as the 3DS. I'm not sure how I can walk around with it and listen to music as easily as I do with my 3DS.
8. Horrible backwards compability- I don't own a PSP, but I know the backwards compabiltiy is bad. Birth by Sleep is the only PSP game I like and the only way to get it on the Vita is to download it, which it is not even avaibale on the Playstation Store. Most "good" third party PSP titles on also not on the Playstation Store. And the titles on there are more expensive than buying it pre-owned.
9. The Rear Touch Panel is useless to me.
10. Price Point
11. Hidden Cost that Sony tries to hide- such as the memory card
12. Accessories are expensive- external battery charger is $50?!
13. The memory cards are not used as easily as SD cards are- come on, I can use the same SD card on my Wii, 3DS, and laptop! Any freaking brand I want to!
14. Finger print manget- same as PSP, but now your forced to touch the screen, god have mercy that my fingers are not sweaty.
15. Remote play is useless to me- I don't own a PS3 or a PSP(as I stated before). And it's a big feature on the Vita.
16. The features on it are just not as appealing as the ones on the 3DS- such as the camera. It's just a camera. On my 3DS, I can take 3D photos and video. I can even edit the photos with effects. Though, this may not seem useful, it's actually quite fun to play around with. I also love adjusting the pitch on the music player, who doesn't love listening to a chipmuck version of "Dynamite by Taio Cruz"?!
17. I don't care how well the graphics look- graphics don't make a game, it's gameplay that makes a game. And i'm tried of people saying that 3DS has bad graphics! Look at Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil: Revelations, Nano Assault, I mean come on, those games look beautiful! And their in 3D! (Glasses free, adjustable, portable 3D!)
I think that's all I can think of currently...

Untitled

Get that Troll Based BS out of here. ALL i got out of that was.

1. I hate Sony
2.I have a double standard as the 3DS has memory cards.
3. Fair Complaint
4.Your going to hate the future.
5. Its called technological Convergence.
6. Somewhat Fair complaint but a Smartphone or regular camera would be better than a console.
7.Fair Complaint. Not forsaking fashion for to carry the vita. Though i have a separate device for music.
8.That's not bad backwards compatability. That's not sonys fault and digital prices are they way in an attempt to kill the used market. (ugh)
9.You haven't used it so how is it useless.
10. The parts come at around $600 so your getting good deal. (buy a off contract smart phone its expensive)
11. Those are trying to cut down so the Vita won't be $600.
12. I take it you don't have a smartphone.
13. The Vita cards have the Write speed of the higher speed (class 10 i think) SDHC cards that go at $80 for 32GB a pop. So no the price is comparable with any non cheap SD card. (try getting a High end one for a DSLR they can go around $200 depending on the memory)
14.That seems like a personal problem. Get a screen protector. Again take it you don't have a smartphone.
15.That's not that big of a feature most people don't care or know that its there.
16.That's why I have a DSLR and a Phone with a good camera plus Photoshop. The 3DS camera is pretty useless. Use my phone for music.
17.kind of agree.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

771. Posted:

kingofe3 wrote:

1. I hate Sony

You should've stopped with the first one, it's where most everyone else stopped :3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Knux

772. Posted:

kingofe3 wrote:

1. I hate Sony

Untitled

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

773. Posted:

Actually with the prices of memory cards, the Vita was never the same price as the 3DS :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

774. Posted:

@Knux, that image pretty much summed up everything I wanted to say to kingofe3 but I restrained myself out of a need to avoid a flaming word fight.

I am so sick of the console wars syndrome. I wonder how much longer it will be before fanboys mature beyond the mindset of a six year old child?

@Iz20xx, though I understand your statement I don't think it's even right to expect to pay a price that is even close to the original price of the Nintendo 3DS because the 3DS and Vita are in two different ball parks. While it is an enjoyable piece of technology the 3DS is hopelessly lost in the dust of the PlayStation Vita which is far more technological superior to the 3DS as that is like trying to compare Harry Potter to the Lord of the Rings franchise. It's nearly impossible to try and compare Potter to Rings if one were to get technical about it. One would do better to try and compare Narnia to Lord of the Rings as the two are more alike than little Potter boy.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

775. Posted:

@Tokyo: Cough Read the thread title Cough cough in the URL of your browser cough

nasty little cough

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

776. Posted:

the 3DS and the Chamber of Secrets was my favorite, worst was 3DS and the Order of the Phoenix

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

777. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

You thinking of God eater.

Lords of Apoclyspe was a Vita and PSP game that was monster hunter like. with all the complaining of no MH game for Vita i'm suprised Square didn't take that as a chance to cement a Non Final Fantasy IP her in the west.

Yeah, talk about a missed opportunity. "It's Monster Hunter except by S-E" is basicly the reason I bought the first game. If they actually capitalized on the lack of competition on the platform, as well as show off how much it's improved on Arcana, you'd think they'd have a money maker on their hands.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

778. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the 3DS and the Chamber of Secrets was my favorite, worst was 3DS and the Order of the Phoenix

LOL. I laughed so hard at that.

Anyway, to get back on topic. Does anyone else here plan to Escape Plan? I'm quite a fan of noir like The Twilight Zone and Perry Mason and so the black and white Escape Plan is solid gold to me and I'm quite excited about buying it. I'm also very much impressed with Gravity Rush.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

779. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

LOL. I laughed so hard at that.

Anyway, to get back on topic. Does anyone else here plan to Escape Plan? I'm quite a fan of noir like The Twilight Zone and Perry Mason and so the black and white Escape Plan is solid gold to me and I'm quite excited about buying it. I'm also very much impressed with Gravity Rush.

1) Peter who?
2) Since when was Twilight Zone Noir?
3) Just because it's black and white doesn't mean it's noir. Now I know next to nothing about the game, but I do no it's not in any way noir, even if that was what they were going for.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

780. Posted:

@TokyoRed I'll have it the day Vita releases. With it being a cheap PSN title, there's no way that I'll be missing out on trying it out. The way that the game is used the multiple input option that Vita offers is quite impressive! :D

@Mickeymac You should really check out the trailer then. If I review it - which is definitely a possibility - I'll surely be using the term 'noir' in the review. Is it the Hollywood crime scene that started the term? Not entirely sure, but there's a whole bunch of bloody deaths in the game and the low key black and white artistic style of the game really gives the game a 'noir' vibe to it. It's definitely

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82