Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 741 to 760 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

Blaze

741. Posted:

I'm going to hold off from the Japanese Vita for a while. I'll get a PSP E1000 for Christmas instead and see what I think of it. Then, when the Vita launch does come around, and if I want one, I can sell my PSP slightly beforehand, add to that a few 3DS games that I wasted money on at launch and.... Voila! Vita day one with a few games! :-)

Edited on by Blaze

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Blaze

742. Posted:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/12/20/uncharted-golden-a...

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

743. Posted:

Somehow I can't help but feel like that site is exaggerating. I also heard some early reports of Uncharted having bad controls, but whatever. Lets just say I'm a little skeptical.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Blaze

744. Posted:

@MickeyMac Yeah I heard about that too. Still, it looks like hopefully it will be good at least. There's about an hour of footage on Youtube that I watched which looked really good. :-)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

AuthorMessage

pntjr

745. Posted:

This is a battery test of the 3DS vs PS Vita vs PSP.
PSP>Vita>3DS.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

Blaze

746. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

This is a battery test of the 3DS vs PS Vita vs PSP.
PSP>Vita>3DS.

Saw this earlier. Glad to see the PS Vita can do a decent 5 hours playtime. I bought the Nyko Power Pak for my 3DS because I was only getting about 3 1/2 hours battery.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

747. Posted:

There are a few flaws with the battery. One is you just can't test them all on max. You have to test everything at differen't settings. It was said on Gaf yesterday with the 3D off the Vita and 3DS battery are comparable. (both still crappy)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

748. Posted:

yeah, this is one of the reasons I've found "ZOMG IT'S A HANDHELD SO YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME ANYWHERE" to slowly becoming less relevent. The battery life is crap on both (although at least kinda justified in Vita's case, 3DS was just rushed (NO WAY!)).

well that and i don't constantly feel the need to take my video games everywhere.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

749. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The battery life is crap on both (although at least kinda justified in Vita's case, 3DS was just rushed (NO WAY!)).

Wut?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

750. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The battery life is crap on both (although at least kinda justified in Vita's case, 3DS was just rushed (NO WAY!)).

Wut?

No way! The 3DS is displaying three LCD's with the wireless always on!

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

751. Posted:

Both of them are great but the 3DS has more games i want.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

752. Posted:

Was I the only one staring at the special edition MH PSP running MHP3 and the Zelda 3DS running MHTriG? o_o
seriously I need that PSP. I care about nothing other than acquiring that PSP. For less than $300.
good thing I already have the zelda 3DS

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

753. Posted:

I don't know.. I played my PSP on full charge with mid brightness settings and wireless off and it only lasted about 3 hours. It's a PSP3000. And I was using it within a year of having it and I didn't use it much at all. But alas, I don't like playing my games in the highest brightness setting. I usually play my 3DS hooked up to the charger anyways for full 3D, wireless on and maybe high brightness if I'm watching a movie on it.

When I do get Vita, I'd probably be doing the same thing...

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Corbs

754. Posted:

The 5.5 hours I'm getting on Vita has been quite surprising. I'll take it! :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

755. Posted:

Wow... 10/10 Uncharted: Golden Abyss Review! I figured it'd be around a 8/10. PlayStation Lifestyle is a credible site after reading the review, there's English subtitles, so he got to experience the story and fully explains why the game is worthy of receiving the perfect marks. There's no hype in this review and a quick read will show that. :)

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

756. Posted:

Has everyone seen the NA Launch Line-up? If you ask me, this is a great launch line up, though I'll admit that half the games I want are ports (Disgaea, Ninja Gaiden, Blazblue, UMVC3), but I'll try to make the newer games as priorities.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

757. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

but I'll try to make the newer games as priorities.

the entire gaming community thanks you

pretty amazing launch, like rivals the first 2 months of GCN or SNES.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

758. Posted:

I wouldn't be lying if I said that Line up wasn't tempting. But Between the 3DS onslaught next year and more important tech stuff the Vita has to sit in out until 2013 when FFX comes out.

anyone else surprised that lords of apocalype isn't on the Launch list.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

759. Posted:

actually I immediately take that back, GCN launch had one of my favorite games, Melee, and like half a dozen other high quality titles in that time (seriously, Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, SSX Tricky, Rogue Leader, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3) No first 2 months of a game system is gonna top that like...ever.

But I am still very glad a system in 2011 can actually have a launch with games anyone would want to buy.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

pikku

760. Posted:

Those ugly blue cases just made me decide not to buy the system :[

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac