Forums

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 3,165

Bankai

They say Sony is selling the hardware itself at a loss. Clearly the memory cards are being sold at high margin to compensate for that.

The Hell it does. Never saw the appeal of remote play. If I were to send a Vita/PSP game on my TV i'd notice how bad it looks. and why would I want to play a PS3 game with a obtuse controller and looking at an inferior screen.

Smaller screen =/= inferior. The Vita's screen is incredible.

And if you can't see the value of playing Skyrim or Final Fantasy XIII on the go... well, good for you, I guess. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the Remote play works this time.

Lzeon

YellowChocobo wrote:

Smaller screen =/= inferior. The Vita's screen is incredible.

This is probably true for people with good eyes

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

YellowChocobo wrote:

They say Sony is selling the hardware itself at a loss. Clearly the memory cards are being sold at high margin to compensate for that.

The Hell it does. Never saw the appeal of remote play. If I were to send a Vita/PSP game on my TV i'd notice how bad it looks. and why would I want to play a PS3 game with a obtuse controller and looking at an inferior screen.

Smaller screen =/= inferior. The Vita's screen is incredible.

And if you can't see the value of playing Skyrim or Final Fantasy XIII on the go... well, good for you, I guess. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the Remote play works this time.

Was under the impression that remote play was based on streaming and if you left a certain range of the console it would end. So its more of a remote desktop deal where all I need to know is a few things and can use my PS3 on the go?

Also amoled is old news. Son should call me when the have Super amoled plus. /sarcasm

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bankai

shingi_70 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

They say Sony is selling the hardware itself at a loss. Clearly the memory cards are being sold at high margin to compensate for that.

The Hell it does. Never saw the appeal of remote play. If I were to send a Vita/PSP game on my TV i'd notice how bad it looks. and why would I want to play a PS3 game with a obtuse controller and looking at an inferior screen.

Smaller screen =/= inferior. The Vita's screen is incredible.

And if you can't see the value of playing Skyrim or Final Fantasy XIII on the go... well, good for you, I guess. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the Remote play works this time.

Was under the impression that remote play was based on streaming and if you left a certain range of the console it would end. So its more of a remote desktop deal where all I need to know is a few things and can use my PS3 on the go?

Also amoled is old news. Son should call me when the have Super amoled plus. /sarcasm

Remote play is meant to work like a remote desktop. With the PSP/ PS3, it was a terrible experience that only worked for PlayTV and a few games, but the games were unplayable.

However, there's every chance the Vita will get it right.

ImDiggerDan

Hmm, I really can't be bothered trawling through 36 pages of this thread. Didn't Sony at some point claim that the Vita won't be region locked? Over at Spong, they seem to think it is:
http://spong.com/article/25898/Only-One-User-Account-on-PlayS...

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Bankai

Where does that FAQ say "region locked"? Oh right, it doesn't. Gaming journalism at its finest. It says "one account." That one account can be set to any location you like. It's exactly the same as the PSP/ PSPGo in that regard there. I have two Gos, both bought in Australia. One is set to Australia, one to Japan.

That's not region locking.

ImDiggerDan

Yeah, I followed a link to the full article and people are complaining that they will have to have two systems, one for each region. One thing, though, the Vita uses that internal storage card so I'm wondering if all the settings are stored on there. It may be possible to just keep multiple memory cards and switch those to switch user accounts. Might have a little trial run with that at work tomorrow if I remember.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

oh no a site that has an article with a grand total of one comment has something to say

still better than half of Metacritic's sites actually

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Bankai

ImDiggerDan wrote:

Yeah, I followed a link to the full article and people are complaining that they will have to have two systems, one for each region. One thing, though, the Vita uses that internal storage card so I'm wondering if all the settings are stored on there. It may be possible to just keep multiple memory cards and switch those to switch user accounts. Might have a little trial run with that at work tomorrow if I remember.

Please do let me know.

I must admit I am peeved I'm going to have to buy two (possibly three) Vitas, but it's not a deal breaker. You need to do the same with the 3DS.

Corbs

I'm just gonna use the Japanese account until the US games hit anyway. But it would be nice to still have access to the Japanese store, but certainly not a deal breaker for me.

Plain old gamer :)

Slapshot

The PSP only allows one account too, but you just swap your accounts in the settings and play away. I've got game from the UK, US and JP on my PSP and it only allows for one account too.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter:

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

oh no a site that has an article with a grand total of one comment has something to say

still better than half of Metacritic's sites actually

That's stupid logic. Andrisaang has usually 1 comment or less and they are considered one of the top reporters of Japanese games news.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

oh no a site that has an article with a grand total of one comment has something to say

still better than half of Metacritic's sites actually

That's stupid logic. Andrisaang has usually 1 comment or less and they are considered one of the top reporters of Japanese games news.

there needs to be more popular sites about japanese gaming news in that case?

I just find it hard to believe no one would comment on the internet. It's weird.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

oh no a site that has an article with a grand total of one comment has something to say

still better than half of Metacritic's sites actually

That's stupid logic. Andrisaang has usually 1 comment or less and they are considered one of the top reporters of Japanese games news.

there needs to be more popular sites about japanese gaming news in that case?

I just find it hard to believe no one would comment on the internet. It's weird.

I find the best sites depending on the subject are those with very comments disabled or very small response pool. Two of my favorite gaming outlets use this type of model. Gamasutra has a a comments section but since the sight is geared toward developers you rarely see tons of trolling conversation. Neogaf is another one which has to verify members using paid email to keep people out. Both these sights have very strict rules and will ban someone in an instance. Compare that to the other %99 of gaming websites that allow non stop trolling and spam.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ImDiggerDan

As promised, I checked out my work Vita to see where the profile stuff is saved, and it isn't on the removable memory card, it's on the system itself along with the firmware.

On another note, I've just read that the Vita won't run the web browser while a game is running. Some system apps will multitask alongside games, but the browser isn't one of them. Given that the 3DS can do it, I'd expect to see a firmware update at some point to sort this out.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Blaze

ImDiggerDan wrote:

As promised, I checked out my work Vita to see where the profile stuff is saved, and it isn't on the removable memory card, it's on the system itself along with the firmware.

On another note, I've just read that the Vita won't run the web browser while a game is running. Some system apps will multitask alongside games, but the browser isn't one of them. Given that the 3DS can do it, I'd expect to see a firmware update at some point to sort this out.

Is yours the Japanese version? Just wondering, because there's a small possibility that it may be sorted out with the UK Model.

ImDiggerDan

I don't know what version it is. It's a development model. That's about as much as I know. If anything, it'll be a UK model as it works with the WiFi in our region (I believe they use different frequencies in different territories, but I could be wrong).

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

komicturtle

Never understood why people think playing on a small screen is bad. Maybe I love my handhelds or I have super eyes even though I'm near sighted.

It's more than just "playing on Vita's small screen". It's called turn off television (save some dinero, pesos, yin-yang and coins), kick off my shoes and play games comftorably almost anywhere in the house. With headphones or connected to my surround sound set up with an aux cable.

That's what I love about WiiU. If you don't see the appeal of Remote Play, think outside of the box.

komicturtle

Lzeon

KomicZ wrote:

Never understood why people think playing on a small screen is bad. Maybe I love my handhelds or I have super eyes even though I'm near sighted.

It's more than just "playing on Vita's small screen". It's called turn off television (save some dinero, pesos, yin-yang and coins), kick off my shoes and play games comftorably almost anywhere in the house. With headphones or connected to my surround sound set up with an aux cable.

That's what I love about WiiU. If you don't see the appeal of Remote Play, think outside of the box.

Back in the day televisions were tiny and we now live in a society where the largest televisions are usually the best ones

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic