Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

Magi

681. Posted:

Aww shucks. I just yard-saled my PSP too. :( I was hoping I could just mail my UMD's to Sony with a couple of bucks per game and they'd send me a download code via the PSN. This is too expensive.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

682. Posted:

Too expensive? Okay then, have fun buying the games again~

Still better than anything nintendo offers.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

683. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

How delightfully ignorant :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

684. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

zezzy wrote:

How so? Does nintendo allow you to transfer games you own that are now on unsupported game formats onto your new console with a low price? You do know that at the time of this writing you can already have all of your PSN games on up to 5 PS3s and 5 PSPs at once as well.

Edited on by zezhyrule

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

685. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

zezzy wrote:

How so? Does nintendo allow you to transfer games you own that are now on unsupported game formats onto your new console with a low price? You do know that at the time of this writing you can already have all of your PSN games on up to 5 PS3s and 5 PSPs at once as well.

That's fantastic...except I only have one PS3. Seems pointless to me :)

Also, why are they charging you to transfer a game? That seems counterproductive

Edited on by Unca_Lz

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

sykotek

686. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

You do know that at the time of this writing you can already have all of your PSN games on up to 5 PS3s and 5 PSPs at once as well.

I didn't read what you guys are talking about, but from what I learned, Sony is decreasing the amount from 5 systems to 2.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

687. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

zezzy wrote:

You do know that at the time of this writing you can already have all of your PSN games on up to 5 PS3s and 5 PSPs at once as well.

I didn't read what you guys are talking about, but from what I learned, Sony is decreasing the amount from 5 systems to 2.

"at the time of this writing" being the key words. Once the 18th comes it changes to 2 yes, but only for games purchased after that date. Somehow, not sure I understand it.

AuthorMessage

Magi

688. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

Too expensive? Okay then, have fun buying the games again~ Still better than anything nintendo offers.

Yes. Too expensive. I believe those are the "conversion" prices based on what they'll charge the Japanese market, and if the US prices are comparable then I won't be playing those games on my Vita.

I'm no more or less a fan of Nintendo than I am of Sony or Microsoft, but for the record, my DS games still work with my 3DS and I was permitted to transfer my DSiWare games to my 3DS for free.

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

689. Posted:

europe has a pre-order deal coming too. depending on where you pre-order you can get 1 of two packs.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/15/playstation-vita-pr...

*Blue PS Vita In Ear headphones
Untitled

it also comes with
Branded sleek blue metallic finish in-ear PlayStation design headphones plus a pre-order code that will unlock PSN voucher codes for the following:
€5 discount on one of the following PS Vita games on PlayStation Store: Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan.
Exclusive PS Vita items for PlayStation Home: PS Vita T- Shirt, Sunglasses, Headphones, Trainers and Bag.
Exclusive early access to Frobisher Says! for PS Vita.
An exclusive PS Vita Avatar for PlayStation Network.

or

PS Vita gaming Wallet
Untitled
Untitled

it also comes with

PS Vita branded leather wallet to keep your cash, credit cards and games with you at all times, with a hidden compartment for 3 PS Vita cards and 3 PS Vita memory cards plus a pre-order code** that will unlock PSN voucher codes for the following:
€5 discount on one of the following PS Vita games on PlayStation Store: Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan.
Exclusive PS Vita items for PlayStation Home: PS Vita T- Shirt, Sunglasses, Headphones, Trainers and Bag.
Exclusive early access to Frobisher Says! on PS Vita.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

690. Posted:

Both the headphones and the wallet look pretty cool. I'm most interested that the wallet holds 3 Vita memory cards along with the 3 game cards... I was under the impression you wouldn't really be swapping your memory card unless to upgrade to a bigger one (much like the PS3 hard disc).

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

691. Posted:

I love that wallet :D

And really, Zez... Sony doesn't let you "exhange" your PS1 or PS2 discs for downloadable versions, which is basically what you're ragging about on Nintendo.

DS games plays on 3DS. PSP games play on Vita but only in downloadable form, which makes the UMDs obsolete less you use their program which doesn't include all but most PSP games. Dunno how I'm going to get my Star Ocean Second Evolution game on Vita....

Least there's no such problem with DS games playing on 3DS. And I don't know why downloading games to 5 systems is to brag about. Besides, letting your friends play and try out a game. And hardware failure. That's about it.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

692. Posted:

My PS Vita is paid in full, including tax! Now if the thing would hurry up and release already! :D

To clarify the argument about Sony dropping the system activation's down to a two limit; it's because of gamesharing of course. They agreed to a deal that if they limited the system activation's then they would be able to bring retail titles to their downloadable services at a much cheaper rate - which is why we saw the drastic price drop last week on PSN.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

693. Posted:

The Wallet would have useful acouple years ago when I had to carry multiple gamecards. Now on the 3DS and i expect the vita i keep a big game such Uncharted or Resident Evil Revelations in my system and supplement the rest with Download content.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

pntjr

694. Posted:

Those earphones are sexy...
The wallet? Meh
I'm still so confused over the Wii U or the Vita.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO EPIC?
WHYY???

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

695. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Those earphones are sexy...
The wallet? Meh
I'm still so confused over the Wii U or the Vita.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO EPIC?
WHYY???

You mean which one to get?

Also I want those headphones.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

696. Posted:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6346704.html?tag=newsticker%3Bhe...
Bad move Sony.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

catcher82611

697. Posted:

http://www.redmondpie.com/sony-playstation-vita-to-get-ps3-re... I think this kinda makes up for it though ;)

PSN: catcher82611
(I'm not that creative)
3DS FC: 4167-4485-9153

Twitter: jeffgklein

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

698. Posted:

The Hell it does. Never saw the appeal of remote play. If I were to send a Vita/PSP game on my TV i'd notice how bad it looks. and why would I want to play a PS3 game with a obtuse controller and looking at an inferior screen.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

699. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

catcher82611 wrote:

http://www.redmondpie.com/sony-playstation-vita-to-get-ps3-re... I think this kinda makes up for it though ;)

The Hell it does. Never saw the appeal of remote play. If I were to send a Vita/PSP game on my TV i'd notice how bad it looks. and why would I want to play a PS3 game with a obtuse controller and looking at an inferior screen.

So you can play it on the toilet, or anywhere else that has Wi-fi. That's like asking what's the point of a Portable game.:P

@Magi - Japan always pays more for stuff than us Americans, don't worry. It'll just be $5-$10 per game, which is far cheaper than rebuying them on PSN in most cases.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

700. Posted:

Geez, the 32 GB one is almost half the price of the system itself. And they say Sony is selling at a loss? :O

My Retrologgery