Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 661 to 680 of 2,793

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

661. Posted:

I noticed I didn't word it right "That doesn't stop Warriors games from being released in the US"

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

662. Posted:

yeah I think he's talking about localization...

I would like to point out that at least VGChartz says the 3DS version in America sold more than Super Monkey Ball (which tends to do ok in sales IIRC) and Steel Diver, a 1st party game.

Granted, the sales still look kinda sad for America. I guess localization is cheap?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Bankai

663. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

yeah I think he's talking about localization...

I would like to point out that at least VGChartz says the 3DS version in America sold more than Super Monkey Ball (which tends to do ok in sales IIRC) and Steel Diver, a 1st party game.

Granted, the sales still look kinda sad for America. I guess localization is cheap?

I believe Tecmo Koei has a long term view on all this. They'll be happy to break even with the Warriors games, because after 50 of them get released to the market, people know the brand, even if they don't like the games.

Then, when TK releases a big game in the series (Dynasty Warriors 7, for instance), that generates some reasonable, if not good, press, suddenly the 50 games that came before it become as a long term marketing strategy. And Dynasty Warriors 7 was in the top 10 selling games, so that strategy did indeed work.

So yeah, as long as these games keep breaking even in terms of localisation in the west (Japan is a different story entirely), then I don't think TK cares right now.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

664. Posted:

The tales of innocence remake looks good. Hope abyss does well so innocence can come over.

After that they better stzrt the symphonia remake.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Bankai

665. Posted:

Good news. Sony's going to be providing UMD owners a cheap way to download the content to their Vitas.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

666. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Good news. Sony's going to be providing UMD owners a cheap way to download the content to their Vitas.

Wonder how they will do it. Honestly its kind of a moot point as half the PSP library isn't even on PSN.

Hoping the Vita suffer's what happened to the 3DS early on with a price drop.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Magi

667. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

That's great news as I still have a quite a few of my PSP games. Unfortunately, I sold 4 of my games when I sold my PSP a couple of weeks ago. Sadly, one of them was FF Tactics. :(

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

668. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Wonder how they will do it. Honestly its kind of a moot point as half the PSP library isn't even on PSN.

After looking at the Vita's specs, dropping the price may be a bad idea considering they're already losing money per system and their software prices aren't set too high. Admittedly the European and maybe Australian prices are ridiculous compared to the 3DS.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

669. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

After looking at the Vita's specs, dropping the price may be a bad idea considering they're already losing money per system and their software prices aren't set too high. Admittedly the European and maybe Australian prices are ridiculous compared to the 3DS.

That's the reason why I think souping up the Vita and selling for a loss was a bad idea. I get what they were going for But it didn't work with the PSP or the PS3. They're in the red right now and no matter the price they would still be leaking money.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

670. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

That's the reason why I think souping up the Vita and selling for a loss was a bad idea. I get what they were going for But it didn't work with the PSP or the PS3. They're in the red right now and no matter the price they would still be leaking money.

Stop. Please. You're wrong, but I really don't want to explain, yet again, how business works over a big wall of text.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

671. Posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/13/playstation-vita-doesnt-...

Seems that the Vita can't play Psone Classics. Hope that Sony is able to Iron out the emulation issues. Wonder what they are as the PSsuite which should allow for seamless PlayStation game emulation as it was made for it on the xperia play and other android devices.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

672. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Stop. Please. You're wrong, but I really don't want to explain, yet again, how business works over a big wall of text.

I can explain in a few sentences. Selling at a loss typically makes you more competitive in the market. You can't ask for too much from your consumers, otherwise you won't make sales (look at the PS3 for example). But if you sell software at a reasonable price, you make back that loss. Still, with the 3DS priced the way it is now, it would be interesting to see just how competitive the PS Vita can be on the market this upcoming winter

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Flandy

673. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

They said they were working on something. They never confirmed anything.

Been inactive forever. Not going to change the uber old sig
"bless you, corbie, for your unparalleled benevolence and truly generous nature!" -TBD Dec 31 2009

lz and Des the true love Story.| This Will be thread of the year.
My Backloggery | ChatRoom

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

674. Posted:

How will it work for games not on PSN? I don't think the Star Ocean games are on PSN.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

675. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

How will it work for games not on PSN? I don't think the Star Ocean games are on PSN.

That's the problem. Even if sony finds a way to do some sort of Transfer then it will only work on certain games.

Wonder How Publishers not on psn may react to this?

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

676. Posted:

By feeling pretty stupid for not putting the game on PSN?

AuthorMessage

pikku

677. Posted:

Has the price for Vita carts been announced yet? $40, $50? $60? u_u

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

678. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

By feeling pretty stupid for not putting the game on PSN?

Well Sony is supposed to be doing a small fee (like $5) per game to redownload them, I think the way publishers act these days they would prefer you to buy the game twice.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

679. Posted:

@pikmaniac

I'm pretty sure they're priced at $40. Gamestop lists them as that last I saw and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. $40-$50 may be the range. $30 for those budget games.

Just prediction.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Knux

680. Posted:

Reviving this glorious topic with some fantastic news. You ca... :D

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990