Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 641 to 660 of 2,860

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

641. Posted:

I can't believe I'm not interested in this yet... Feels like something missing to get my attention. :/

Just looking at the design I feel as I should be all over it, cause it looks really nice, just as appealing as an Iphone 4 IMO. That clean and exclusive look.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

642. Posted:

The slim model is going to look fabulous :)

@kkslider
Dude, chillax.

Sit back, kick off your shoes and breathe in the island breeze.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

643. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

The slim model is going to look fabulous :)

@kkslider
Dude, chillax.

Sit back, kick off your shoes and breathe in the island breeze.

but almost anything I like doesn't matter ;__;

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Bankai

644. Posted:

pretty much any remotely creative game on Wii didn't sell because it wasn't a sequel

I don't want to see that happening on other systems too. Especially with games like LBP where creativity is part of the point of that game and yet has trailers showing off as much new stuff as a Megaman sequel.

I admit my reasoning is fairly childish, but I am so sick of crap like this happening. It is frustrating beyond words.

That's the way the world works now. Look at Hollywood's fascination with remakes and reboots.

Deal with it. Don't buy the crap, look forward to the occasional interesting game. Then wave a sad farewell when sales fail and the company is shut up.

RIP Cavia. I'll never forget Nier.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

645. Posted:

@kkslider May not matter to other people, but I wouldn't care :P

If someone doesn't care about a game I love, I don't care that they don't care about it. Because it's not like it affects the game, really.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

646. Posted:

^It effects a lot of things actually. I can see why kkslider is frustrated, but like YellowChocobo said, that's life. Sure it sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it. Harping about it all the time sure isn't gonna change anything.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

647. Posted:

Oh, I was just referring to how it doesn't affect me/an individual, because if you like a game, it shouldn't matter if someone else doesn't because it should not effect the enjoyment of said game.

Just clarifying.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

648. Posted:

yeah, but if no one buys these games, why would anyone want to make these games as they'll likely lose money? Which means those types of games won't get made and I can't play them.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

649. Posted:

Very true, but that never stopped the Warriors games from being made (has a decent fanbase) every year. Of course, I don't think the budget to make those games are comparable to something like LittleBigPlanet, Epic Mickey, etc.

But I really don't put my mind on game sales much, personally.

There are other games out there that don't sell well but get sequels anyways.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

650. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Very true, but that never stopped the Warriors games from being made (has a decent fanbase) every year. Of course, I don't think the budget to make those games are comparable to something like LittleBigPlanet, Epic Mickey, etc.

What the heck do Warriors games have to do with this discussion? If you're using them as examples of games that sell poorly (back to kkslider's point), then you're very wrong, since they're always bestsellers in Japan. That alone justifies making more of them.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

651. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

What the heck do Warriors games have to do with this discussion? If you're using them as examples of games that sell poorly (back to kkslider's point), then you're very wrong, since they're always bestsellers in Japan. That alone justifies making more of them.

Then why are they released over here in the U.S. if they don't sell well here?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Bankai

652. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

YellowChocobo wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

Then why are they released over here in the U.S. if they don't sell well here?

Evidently they sell well enough to keep doing it. If these games made losses, they would stop translating them.

I suspect translation costs for Tecmo Koei are relatively cheap with these games (we're not talking about epic RPGs, after all), and because they make so many games, they can operate on fairly thin margins per release.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

653. Posted:

Who says I was referring to Japan? I was referring to the US.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

654. Posted:

I don't think they make too much money off of the U.S. fanbase. But why do I care, I hate Dynasty Warriors games anyway.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

655. Posted:

My brother and cousins love 'em. They're okay but I find them boring (and they say Pokemon is repetetive when caparitively, DW and SW are kings of that).

But hey.. I like Lieu Bei (if that's how you spell his name) everytime I play- if at all.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

656. Posted:

My older brother was obsessed with them as a teenager. I remember Dynasty Warriors 5 being really cool and good for what it was. But nowadays I find all of them very repetitive, boring, and effortless. There's really no way to explain it beyond that. And

Pokemon is considered an RPG? Of course its going to be repetitive to some degree but that game's fun and rewarding.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

657. Posted:

Well, whatever way they make DW fun, I make Pokemon fun :)

(for myself, just in case someone misunderstands.. again.)

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

658. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Who says I was referring to Japan? I was referring to the US.

Um, no, you're talking about development costs and whether it's worth making games that don't sell well?

Believe it or not, but sometimes, just sometimes, the US isn't the centre of the universe and a game is still very proftitable even if it tanks in the US market. The Warriors games are very profitable for Tecmo Koei. Enough so they're opening new development studios to make even more of them (Tecmo Koei Canada, for instance).

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

659. Posted:

I never said it was and I'm not talking about costs and all that extra stuff you're talking about.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

660. Posted:

yeah, but if no one buys these games, why would anyone want to make these games as they'll likely lose money?

And then you said

Very true, but that never stopped the Warriors games from being made (has a decent fanbase) every year.

So, again, if you weren't talking about the costs involved in making a game vs sales, what the hell were you talking about?

Edited on by Bankai