Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 621 to 640 of 2,790

AuthorMessage

Bankai

621. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

I would not be surprised if Sony puts up an update to region-lock games. Hope not for the sake of importers.

And yes, I do realize the PSP is region free too.

And what, exactly, other than the usual irrational "we love Nintendo, we must hate Sony," crap, do you base that assumption on?

Sony's made it quite clear it's not interested in region locking stuff, since region locking actually conflicts with Sony's global network philosophy.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

622. Posted:

I'm not saying it will happen, all I said was I "won't be surprised if it happened."

Emphasis on the if.

And I don't hate Sony, so I don't know where you pulled that from. Was there a good reason for Sony to abandon's PS3's compatibility with PS2 games? Besides people assuming "Sony wants people to buy PS3 games. Not PS2 games" nonsense. If it's okay for people to say "I wouldn't be surpised if Nintendo-", then I'm allowed to say that about others. Same deal.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

623. Posted:

[IMG]http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201109/phpnA8sOe_thumb_DSCN0033.jpg[IMG]
Well
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

624. Posted:

Picture is huge...

But is that just someone with a test unit? And what game is it? Wipeout?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

625. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

I'm not saying it will happen, all I said was I "won't be surprised if it happened."

Emphasis on the if.

And I don't hate Sony, so I don't know where you pulled that from. Was there a good reason for Sony to abandon's PS3's compatibility with PS2 games? Besides people assuming "Sony wants people to buy PS3 games. Not PS2 games" nonsense. If it's okay for people to say "I wouldn't be surpised if Nintendo-", then I'm allowed to say that about others. Same deal.

Yes, there was. To play PS2 games, Sony had to add in additional and quite expensive architecture to the PS3 units, which brought the cost up and people had a cry about that.

It was a cost cutting exercise.

AuthorMessage

Simmer_E

626. Posted:

How do you guys feel about having to buy a memory stick to download games?
Does that mean you need one to save also?

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage

WindWaker24

627. Posted:

Is there going to be like any MGS games playable at launch? Including previous games downloadable?

Why would anyone get this, compared to a PS3?!

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and name today!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

628. Posted:

WindWaker24 wrote:

this is what I've been saying for months!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

629. Posted:

WindWaker24 wrote:

Is there going to be like any MGS games playable at launch? Including previous games downloadable?

1) Metal Gear Solid for the PSOne Classics, as well as Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, and Peacewalker.

2) Because you can't take a PS3 with you on the bus. That's like asking why anybody would buy a Gameboy when you could have a NES. I'm pretty sure the answer to that is obvious...I mean, this doesn't seem like a hard concept to understand, I don't see why so many people don't get it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

630. Posted:

Yeah, there are reasons to get a PS3 as well as separate reasons to get Vita.

I'm going for the latter considering I'm making the jump into the next gen with WiiU anyhow, plus, some upcoming games on PS3 are on the way for Vita and because I have a strong preference for handhelds I'll be getting one. UMvC is going to be awesome on the go. I just hope they optimize the controls for Vita because I really don't want to break the sticks, pad and buttons or wear them out :(

By the time I get a Vita, LBP and a few titles I'm interested will be selling for $20 :)

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

631. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

[That's like asking why anybody would buy a Gameboy when you could have a NES.

except the main reason seemingly nearly every person was getting a Gameboy wasn't to play NES games and I can immediately tell you that Super Mario Land doesn't look and play at least 99% the same as a Super Mario Bros. game.

that being said the people who got a gameboy just to play Tetris when they already owned the NES version suck too, just so you know (but at least they didn't have the advantage of having the internet to look stuff up and likely more of them were kids)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

632. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

except the main reason seemingly nearly every person was getting a Gameboy wasn't to play NES games and I can immediately tell you that Super Mario Land doesn't look and play at least 99% the same as a Super Mario Bros. game.

that being said the people who got a gameboy just to play Tetris when they already owned the NES version suck too, just so you know (but at least they didn't have the advantage of having the internet to look stuff up and likely more of them were kids)

So people who want to play their favorite series on the go suck? Good to know.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

633. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

when Gravity Daze and LKS2 have horrible sales, yes they will suck

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

634. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Whatever. I for one look forward to playing games I already know I'm gonna like. If that means I suck in your eyes, then so be it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

635. Posted:

Sorry KKslider, but that's just ludicrus.

I really don't think you should be caring about why someone buys a system and what games. It's not like they used your money.

If someone buys a system for specific games, then let it be. Their problem.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

636. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Ah this has turned into one of your "I'm better than everyone else and my taste in games should apply to you or you suck," deals.

Glad that got in the open.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

637. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

Ah this has turned into one of your "I'm better than everyone else and my taste in games should apply to you or you suck," deals.

You would know?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

638. Posted:

YellowChocobo wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

pretty much any remotely creative game on Wii didn't sell because it wasn't a sequel

I don't want to see that happening on other systems too. Especially with games like LBP where creativity is part of the point of that game and yet has trailers showing off as much new stuff as a Megaman sequel.

I admit my reasoning is fairly childish, but I am so sick of crap like this happening. It is frustrating beyond words.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Flandy

639. Posted:

WindWaker24 wrote:

I'm not sure if at launch there's gonna be any, but they're releasing the MGS HD collection for it

Been inactive forever. Not going to change the uber old sig
"bless you, corbie, for your unparalleled benevolence and truly generous nature!" -TBD Dec 31 2009

lz and Des the true love Story.| This Will be thread of the year.
My Backloggery | ChatRoom

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

640. Posted:

I can't believe I'm not interested in this yet... Feels like something missing to get my attention. :/

Just looking at the design I feels as I should be all over it, cause it looks really nice, just as appealing as an Iphone 4 IMO. That clean and exclusive look.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92