Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 561 to 580 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

561. Posted:

@ImDiggerDan: Are you considered bringing Digger Dan & Kaboom to the PS Vita?

EDIT: Oh and I'm sorry but I don't have any info on the PS Vita's data plans. I am curious about that too.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

562. Posted:

@WolfRamHeart - I wasn't, really. I did consider an Experia Play version at one point. I don't think it'd take too much effort for a Vita version, but I don't actually have anyone to publish that for me. I don't think the DSi publishers have a relationship with Sony and I don't think my current daytime employer would be too interested in getting it out given the scale of the projects they are currently working on.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

563. Posted:

So after looking over lots of Vita information I noticed that the battery life is nowhere to be found which probably means it's not very long... :(

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

564. Posted:

Sucks it's been delayed, planning on importing an American model as it'll be cheaper then if I bought it here in the UK.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

565. Posted:

I'm confused, will the Vita be able to download any PSN game, including PS3 downloadable games?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

566. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I'm confused, will the Vita be able to download any PSN game, including PS3 downloadable games?

Not according to the FAQ. Supposedly it's just PSP PSN stuff.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

567. Posted:

@ImDiggerDan You might find this bit of Vita information worthwhile. Sony is actually giving out free Vita dev kits to some and the kits are also quite affordable as well. I honestly don't keep up with the industry as a developer, so I don't know exactly how useful this is to you, but I'd love to see you bring something to Vita if it's worthwhile for you, and if you could land an opportunity in SCEA PubFund, then I think it very well might would be. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

568. Posted:

@Slapshot - Thanks, but I actully have a Vita dev kit within reach right now. What I don't have is official recognition as a developer with any of the platform holders. I'm also currently employed full time and not supposed to be doing any more of my personal projects :( (which is what Digger Dan was).

www.diggerdan.co.uk

AuthorMessage

pntjr

569. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Not according to the FAQ. Supposedly it's just PSP PSN stuff.

Wat? Lame. Is it because of L2 and R2? They can put those in the touchscreen or something! I was looking forward to play some PS3 PSN on the PSV PSN. Meh.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

570. Posted:

No, it's down the the amount of processing power required to emulate PS2 and PS3 titles.

www.diggerdan.co.uk

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

571. Posted:

It looks like Amazon is quite sure that the PlayStation Vita is going to launch in the United States somewhere between the Dusk of 2011 and the Twilight Breaking Dawn of 2012 as they have the release date for the PlayStation Vita set on December 31, 2011. This is all fine and good with me as I'm really having a difficult time sitting out the long wait we have on the PSVita.

Source: http://www.slashgear.com/sony-ps-vita-up-for-pre-order-with-d...

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

572. Posted:

^That's just a placeholder date. They do that for a lot of stuff that doesn't have an official, concrete date yet.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

573. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

It looks like Amazon is quite sure that the PlayStation Vita is going to launch in the United States somewhere between the Dusk of 2011 and the Twilight Breaking Dawn of 2012 as they have the release date for the PlayStation Vita set on December 31, 2011. This is all fine and good with me as I'm really having a difficult time sitting out the long wait we have on the PSVita.

Source: http://www.slashgear.com/sony-ps-vita-up-for-pre-order-with-d...

Careful with your sources. This is not an official date.

Don't believe me? Look at the "release date" for Kid Icarus: http://www.amazon.com/Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00...
I highly doubt it's coming in 2020 ;)

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

574. Posted:

@MickeyMac, lz20XX, Thanks guys. Man, if Kid Icarus was held all the way back to 2020 the Nintendo Headquarters in Japan and America would have been ransacked by angry fans by now.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

575. Posted:

Not sure if I'll get the 3G version (slim, though) as ATT's data plan locks you at 2GB and charge you an extra 10 if you go over- which might not be a problem for me.

By the time I get the revision of the PSVita, the games I want will be $20 and I'll be buying and enjoying the games. And by then, they would have ironed out any problems Vita may have (it happens to EVERY CONSOLE).

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

576. Posted:

I know what you mean komic, but I'm so tempted to buy one at launch. I think I'll wait a while, but I don't know about waiting for a remake :P
unless they announce it at E3 lol

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

577. Posted:

Well, if you like the launch games, then get it. The Vita is packing lots of features and looks far more promising than the PSP was. I think Sony is doing this thing right and are blurring that line of portable and console games ( I prefer the former, personally). I knew what I was getting into with the 3DS and although there are things they can do to make it better (such as firmware updates for real messaging, as an example), there's a lot of things I'm looking forward to on 3DS.

Hopefully, SE pulls out another KH game on Vita. And Dissidia title :D

MH is a given. But I hope Insomniac Games rethink their plans of not supporting Vita. I'd love another Ratchet & Clank game, and having it on the go would make me happy. And where the hell is Dark Cloud 3? D:

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

578. Posted:

I just saw the screenshots for Dynasty Warriors on the Vita.

I've just upgraded from "sold" when the game is released in Australia, to importing from Japan.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

579. Posted:

Ys IV is being remade for the Vita.
Screenshots

This is great news. If XSeed announces plans to localize this one then I'll have to get a Vita.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

580. Posted:

Tales of Innocence R is Coming to the Vita

For those not keeping track, this was one of the Tales of Games for the DS we missed. It wasn't well recieved, but this is promising to be a complete reimagining, so hopefully it'll fix all the problems of the original and then some.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~