Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

541. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

IGN's talking about design, right?

Nintendo does take a lot of design and interface cues from Apple. It's the smartest thing Nintendo has done in recent years. Apple is the world #1 IT company because it's one of the very few that understands how important usability, design and interface is.

Nintendo gets that, I believe.

Well in general companies "copy" each other. It makes perfect sense to take inspiration from a successful product and/or idea. For example, you can't tell me that the design for PS Move didn't get any inspiration from the Wii remote. I personally don't think it's stealing (IGN sometimes is full of s*** btw).

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

542. Posted:

I do agree with WalzElf that Nintendo copied something from Apple, and that is the iPad.

But Iz has a point in saying that people copy Nintendo too, just look at the PS Move.

Edit: Spelling Mistake

Edited on by ToadFan

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

543. Posted:

I look at it this way:

Sony would have probably and most likely never had done PS Move if Wii wasn't around.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

544. Posted:

lzbirdboy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

IGN's talking about design, right?

Nintendo does take a lot of design and interface cues from Apple. It's the smartest thing Nintendo has done in recent years. Apple is the world #1 IT company because it's one of the very few that understands how important usability, design and interface is.

Nintendo gets that, I believe.

Well in general companies "copy" each other. It makes perfect sense to take inspiration from a successful product and/or idea. For example, you can't tell me that the design for PS Move didn't get any inspiration from the Wii remote. I personally don't think it's stealing (IGN sometimes is full of s*** btw).

Agreed. Everyone takes inspiration from everyone - which is why it's outright moronic when Nintendo fans (and we've seen heaps of these threads in the past) claim Sony just "copies" Nintendo products.

Sony takes design cues from Nintendo, yes. But then it also takes design cues from other vendors, and comes up with some of its own stuff.

Does anyone actually think the Wii U controller was not directly inspired by the iPad's obscene success? For that matter, the iPad isn't an entirely original product itself. Tablet computing has been around forever.

What the good vendors do (Sony, Nintendo, Apple, Microsoft), is take good ideas and make them better. Make them even cooler to look at, make them even easier to use, make them even more powerful. Genuine "copycats" (Gameloft in the software world), don't improve anything.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

TLink9

545. Posted:

I thought this was the PS Vita thread not the Company Stealing Ideas thread. My point is, stay on topic.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Newton show!
GoldenEyeFC:318406336572
3DS FC: 3308-4551-3937

AuthorMessage

Noire

546. Posted:

Yeah, you guys should stay on topic. That is what the internets is about.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

547. Posted:

PSVita? A price cut in the future?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-04/sony-under-pressure-...

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

548. Posted:

The Vita is kinda tempting for me, but one of the major design flaws I see is how it's bigger than the last PSP. The 3DS barely fits in my pocket, so...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

549. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

PSVita? A price cut in the future?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-04/sony-under-pressure-...

So Sony is now afraid of Nintendo (well not really)? Oh the irony of it all :D

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

550. Posted:

Looking good!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

551. Posted:

I like how it basically said "you can create your own stuff, but don't bother, it looks completely stupid and awful compared to the game".

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

552. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I like how it basically said "you can create your own stuff, but don't bother, it looks completely stupid and awful compared to the game".

I agree that the video kinda gives that message but luckily as a player of LBP1 and 2 I know that many of the awesome levels from talented creators are actually a thousand times better than the ones from Media Molecule :P

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

castlehominid99

553. Posted:

Resistance Burning Skys looks amazing I hope that's a launch title. Looks like I gotta start saving up for everything :(

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

554. Posted:

Little King's Story Vita confirmed

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

555. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. The PS Vita is now a 100% day-one purchase for me.:)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

556. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

And the Vita suddenly became interesting.. 4 more awesome titles and I might just buy one.

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Bankai

557. Posted:

tealovertoma wrote:

Yep. There's the Vita's killer game.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

James

558. Posted:

Goddamnit there I was hoping not to have to buy one of these things, and now there's Lumines, Everybody's Golf AND Little King's Story on the way? My poor wallet sobs.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

559. Posted:

I really don't think I can justify buying 2 handhelds (given my huge backlog and periods of non-gaming) so I'll either have to miss out on Nintendo exclusives or this (and whatever else Sony comes up with - so far I'm not that excited about the PSV).

In fairness this could still come to the 3DS, and there's the fact that the producer has left the team (and probably some other people too, given that Cing went bankrupt), so this is all but guaranteed a masterpiece, but we'll see.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

560. Posted:

Has there been any discussion about data charges for the Vita? I can't find any info other than to say you can get one which is 3G enabled, but what about the data plan for that? I appreciate there will be differences from country to country, but my expectation is that it will come with a monthly fee for the UK. Anyone know for sure?

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s