Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 481 to 500 of 2,902

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

481. Posted:

so it IS the same games I can get better versions of on PS3

yeah, portability alone doesn't sell it for me. Maybe because I already have 3DS (lol not really, my gaming for my vacation was 5% 3DS, 95% The World Ends With You) or I have other hobbies that I can take with me or I do things when I go places but that really doesn't convince me.

and I'm on the side that, when done right, prefers the new Nintendo control options so yeah

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

482. Posted:

Yeah. Just wait for Sony to announce PS2 classics. Then see who is nuts enough to claim the Vita isn't awesome.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

483. Posted:

that would be kinda awesome

still not new games so whatever

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

484. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

so it IS the same games I can get better versions of on PS3

yeah, portability alone doesn't sell it for me. Maybe because I already have 3DS (lol not really, my gaming for my vacation was 5% 3DS, 95% The World Ends With You) or I have other hobbies that I can take with me or I do things when I go places but that really doesn't convince me.

and I'm on the side that, when done right, prefers the new Nintendo control options so yeah

All I've got to say that I'm happy that Sony is going forth with an Autumn 2011 release for the PSVita but I'm greatly worried that the Nintendo WiiU won't be released until after next year's E3.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

485. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that would be kinda awesome

still not new games so whatever

This. I need new games to buy a system.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

486. Posted:

There are plenty of new games on the Vita. You guys just don't want them nor except them as new games for some reason.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

487. Posted:

like monster hunter:) everyone knows that there gonna make one for the vita, hopefully its out 2012 sometime

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

488. Posted:

Okay. Something worthwhile. Something thats "system selling."

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

489. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Okay. Something worthwhile. Something thats "system selling."

Well, only you can determine that. For me, stuff like Uncharted and Wipeout ARE system selling. Especially Wipeout. Then there's the new stuff like Dragon's Crown, Grazity Daze, Sound Shapes, Little Deviants. Those are also system selling to me. Now you just gotta find a game you really want.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

490. Posted:

Monster Hunter would definitely be a system seller :O

the day it's announced is the day I buy a Vita >:3

and it will be announced

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

491. Posted:

thanks @zezzy same with me. as soon as monster hunter comes out im buying my vita. hope its like frontier...but with more monsters, weapons and armor

AuthorMessage

Corbs

492. Posted:

As soon as I saw Hot Shots Golf Vita I was in. Some day I might actually try a Monster Hunter game, when I get time (which means never). :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

493. Posted:

@corbs ikr? it takes a minimum of 20-30mins to do just one quest. luckily i have some extra time on my hands so.. i cant wait for monster hunter :)

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

494. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

As soon as I saw Hot Shots Golf Vita I was in. Some day I might actually try a Monster Hunter game, when I get time (which means never). :D

Seems like golf is the fad these days. Geez! :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

495. Posted:

I don't know. Other than Uncharted, I don't think any of those games will be drastically above average. Thus not being system sellers, plus Uncharted is great, and I like it as much as the next guy, but one game won't sell a system either. ;)

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

irken004

496. Posted:

Getting a Vita would allow me to see what the fuss is about with certain Sony franchises, like Resistance and Uncharted. Wipeout is the title I'm most interested in, and Gravity Daze looks very interesting. But if Sony drops the price on PS3s by this holiday season, I could consider getting that instead of a Vita. But only if the PS3 drops to $200 or less.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

497. Posted:

I personally feel that the Vita is a cool piece of hardware, and I like it's latin name, but I'm a Nintendo gamer. The editors at EGM weren't too thrilled about it. They made some good points: One was that it just feels like a PS3 that you can take with you since it is trying to offer the same experiences. Since most people play games at home, there is no reason to play Uncharted on your little screen when you can play it on your big screen. Another thing they said that I thought was kind of funny was something like, "Don't even try to pass this game off as Uncharted when it clearly isn't." I'm not sure what he meant exactly, but it is interesting that he clearly thought it was unworthy of the Uncharted name.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

498. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I personally feel that the Vita is a cool piece of hardware, and I like it's latin name, but I'm a Nintendo gamer. The editors at EGM weren't too thrilled about it. They made some good points: One was that it just feels like a PS3 that you can take with you since it is trying to offer the same experiences. Since most people play games at home, there is no reason to play Uncharted on your little screen when you can play it on your big screen. Another thing they said that I thought was kind of funny was something like, "Don't even try to pass this game off as Uncharted when it clearly isn't." I'm not sure what he meant exactly, but it is interesting that he clearly thought it was unworthy of the Uncharted name.

Those aren't good points. Firstly, why would anyone buy any handheld console when you can play games at home? To play games on the go, that's why, and the cross-platform saves and play mean the Vita should be a pretty seamless experience. Play at home, and then pick up and play the same game on the go.

I would also expect a peripheral to allow you to play the Vita on your TV at home. There was a few for PSP, but the PSP's resolution didn't look so good blown up on TV. That shouldn't be an issue on the Vita.

As for the criticisms of one game... Well crap. That's like playing Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs and using that experience to claim the 3DS sucks. It would be disappointing if Uncharted turned up bad on the Vita, but there's plenty of other games coming that are more interesting.

And I'd bet my house on PS2 Classics.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pikku

499. Posted:

lol I'm actually with Waltz on this one. :O

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

pikku

500. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I don't know. Other than Uncharted, I don't think any of those games will be drastically above average. Thus not being system sellers, plus Uncharted is great, and I like it as much as the next guy, but one game won't sell a system either. ;)

Tell that to the 3DS.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac