Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 2,790

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

461. Posted:

The irony in that article Tokyo posted is certainly overwhelming.

As for the reason for the 3DS price drop: Vita and sales not meeting expectations. I remember the DS being $50 less than PSP at their initial launch. This time, now it's $80 difference (current rate) and now that both will be hitting the holidays in the same year potentially since there's reports that Vita will be released later this year up to March, but by then, it should be released in all territories. But anyhow, I do think Sony need to be on their toes for this one. They took that jab for the $250 price point, only a month and a half later, Nintendo drops $80 off the price starting August 12th.

Sure, Vita does have a promising line-up (only 2 games of big interest to me), they need to have the major titles such as Uncharted and LBP out by it's release. I can say- Vita should be more successful than the PSP, if they remember that the Vita is a handheld, but I see that they are going on the right track and emulating some concepts the 3DS has with their own twist to it.

Either way, I'm not 100% sold on Vita, so. :P

But I do recognize what it's doing right and commend Sony for that.

Just not the pile of trash Jack Tretton. I despise that man. Kaz, get rid of him please!

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Magi

462. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Magi wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

"better" is a relative term and is simply your opinion. I have far more PSP games than I do DS games. I own both handhelds (PSP2000 and DSi) and have spent nearly 10x the amount of time on my PSP than my DS. I'm not stating either is better than the other. I'm simply stating that I prefer my PSP over my DSi.

Face it.

If you had something worth arguing about I'd argue but thus, you do not.

Just making a statement kiddo. Just like you did. I have no intention of getting into a battle of wits with such a severely unarmed individual.

Ruin is probably my most anticipated Vita game so far. I've heard a lot about the "versus" aspects of it and would really love to see some sort of cooperative gameplay as well. Unfortunately, there's a serious lack of information regarding cooperative multiplayer which lends me to believe that it won't be available.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

463. Posted:

That was a good read Slapshot. Truth be told, I'm sick of people tossing the 3DS down the toilet drain. I think the 3DS is going to have a good run sooner or later (preferably sooner). The Nintendo 3DS is a good system and it's graphics are better than those of the Wii though we pity those who get headaches from the 3D effect, perhaps they should use the 3D slider to turn the effect off instead of saying they traded their 3DS in to GameStop because 3D made them sick. It isn't as if you're stuck with the 3D on.

The Nintendo 3DS will begin to pick up in sales now that the price has been dropped and the sales will hit nitro speed once games like Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart Seven begin gracing shelves this Autumn and Christmas. It is obvious that the reason the 3DS hasn't been selling like hot cakes is because it doesn't have a good roster of games yet. Once the software improves then I feel confident that the 3DS will pick up in sales. I'm not saying this simply because I'm a Nintendo fan as I love both Sony and Nintendo (though Nintendo hits my softspot more) but because Nintendo has a magical charm that Sony and Microsoft don't have. The charm of Mario is so much more irresistible than Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank and the magical arcania of The Legend of Zelda is far more spell bounding than the grittyness of inFamous and the campy spooks of Luigi's Mansion are far more tasty than LittleBigPlanet could be.

Oh, and about that WiiU. Heck with all the trash talk. To the depths of the fiery abyss with it for I can see how WiiU can be successful. I'm tingling with excitement at the prospect of playing 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD'. Oh, I'm not trading my Wii either as I'm still looking forward to buying 'The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword'.

However, postponing Kid Icarus Uprising to 2012 might be a good on thing on Nintendo's part (although it irks us fans) as it'll give yet another reason for people to buy the 3DS further down the road.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a332312/kid-icarus-upri...

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

464. Posted:

i think monster hunter is the only reason i might get the psvita. its the only game i can put over 500 hours and still have fun with. all the games i ever play only last like 20 hours and i dont usually play them again.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

irken004

465. Posted:

Don't forget that the Vita has full backwards compatibility with past PSP games through the Playstation Network. They'll even have dual-joystick support! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-02-ngps-backwards-c...

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

466. Posted:

@irken

Which is wicked good. Dissidia and Monster Hunter particularly comes to mind. Too bad that some of the BEST games on PSP such as Megaman Powerup aren't on PSN. Apparently, the game cannot be coded easily into PSN (whatever that means)- oh, but in Japan, it's up there. Cut the crap Capcom and bring the game onto PSN :(

I'd be spending lots of time on that game.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

467. Posted:

I just pre-ordered the PS Vita :) It's supposed to come out in November, right? I'll definitely have the money then, my birthday's in September.

I really hope games like LBP2 and ModNationRacers will be compatible with the PS3 versions (at least up- and downloading creations, but playing together would be even better)

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

468. Posted:

It's been confirmed LBPVita can download levels made on the LBP2 on PS3. I think the same of ModNationRacers, but whatever.

Also, I heard reports that Vita may be coming much more sooner (October 24th apparently). I feel excited for the excited people :P

Sony might announce the release come Sunday or Monday.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

469. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Magi wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

"better" is a relative term and is simply your opinion. I have far more PSP games than I do DS games. I own both handhelds (PSP2000 and DSi) and have spent nearly 10x the amount of time on my PSP than my DS. I'm not stating either is better than the other. I'm simply stating that I prefer my PSP over my DSi.

Face it.

If you had something worth arguing about I'd argue but thus, you do not.

Just making a statement kiddo. Just like you did. I have no intention of getting into a battle of wits with such a severely unarmed individual.

You don't want to debate but you insult me? Its quite obvious whose not the smarty pants around these neck of the woods. ;)

But in all seriousness I was stating the obvious and up until you said "Face it" your comment wasn't anything to really notice.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

470. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

But in all seriousness I was stating the obvious and up until you said "Face it" your comment wasn't anything to really notice.

The only one who needs to face anything is you. "Better" is a non-measurable quality. You can't prove it. Seriously, if you can't understand that, then you really are "unarmed", as Magi put it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

471. Posted:

come on guys, we can have this discussion without getting personal, please. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

472. Posted:

man, its been you two arguing on every thread, were here to discuss the topic, not each other. thanks:)

anyways, im anyone knows how exactly the touch pad on the back is going to work, or no details yet?

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

473. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

The only one who needs to face anything is you. "Better" is a non-measurable quality. You can't prove it. Seriously, if you can't understand that, then you really are "unarmed", as Magi put it.

I guess "better" wasn't the best word to use. I'd say more successful. Bigger library of games, more variety for such a diverse audience, and innovative controls.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Corbs

474. Posted:

After playing the VITA at E3, I have to admit that it excites me far more as a complete system than the 3DS does. But that doesn't mean I don't love the 3DS and what it brings to the table. I find the 3D effect to add a lot to the gameplay aspects of the games and I still love the dual-screen format it features. Let's face it, both systems have a lot to offer portable gaming. I don't think either one is necessarily "better" than the other, it mainly comes down to personal preference.

And just because the 3DS is struggling doesn't mean the VITA is going to have free reign when it's released later this year. This is still Nintendo and a company that's pretty much ruled the roost in the portable gaming market for the better part of two decades. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

GreatManaTree

475. Posted:

I love the 3DS...and like the arrival of the the Vita (white) as well ......i hope they will both come with online community features.
I have read that the Vita comes with cross-game chat...that means; a full online chat/ text functionality...sigh..:)

Edited on by GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

476. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I guess "better" wasn't the best word to use. I'd say more successful. Bigger library of games, more variety for such a diverse audience, and innovative controls.

You see, that's better. Now we can understand your freakin' point. Yes the DS was more successful and yes the the DS has more variety. I don't think the DS' controls are in anyway innovative, but we'll just have to agree to disagree since I'm personally tired of that argument, I've had it too many times.

I'm also having deja vu here. What say we just stick to the topic?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

477. Posted:

I guess it's obvious I dont like to use too many words outside of "better" even though they mean the same to me lol. :D

And I couldn't agree more. Lets let this debating sh*t die, again.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

478. Posted:

it's still worse than even Nintendo. No innovation, just "another game in this series, but this time on a handheld" with no changes I can find without looking too much. Seriously, these look worthless to me compared to the PS3 versions (or the exact same game, or both) so all Sony is doing is making me want a PS3 instead.

AND WHY DOES KILLZONE DESERVE TO BE A SERIES?!

this is what I've gotten out of Vita outside of a couple of really awesome original games

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

irken004

479. Posted:

@kkslider The kicker for me here is the dual joysticks. That's the biggest thing I wanted in any gaming handheld, and Sony beat Nintendo to the punch with it. Not to mention that it's got the PSN PSP catalog, which allows me to get some PSP games that I may have missed out on. But you're right about it being very similar to the PS3... which I also don't have :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

480. Posted:

it's called portablility folks, something hard to manage with the PS3 console itself n_n

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.