That is all!

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

442. Posted:

Well I'm shocked that a console vs console war hasn't been tamed by TBD yet.

This is an utterly useless conversation. So and so is better than so and so. Man, that is so childish that it makes me want to puke. Nintendo and Sony PlayStation are both great companies and they both have great products and I enjoy both 3DS and PSP.

Anyway, it looks like Disgaea 3 is coming to the PSVita.
http://www.gamingunion.net/news/rumour-disgaea-3-returns-as-p...

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Kholdstare

443. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

... Nintendo and Sony PlayStation are both great companies and they both have great products and I enjoy both 3DS and PSP.

... This ...
I love both Nintend and Sony ... I just hate Micro$oft ... I got R.R.O.D.'ed seven times so far

☆FRIEND CODES☆

3DS
1289 8322 9889

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

444. Posted:

Well, as many people brought up- this banter has nothing to do with what this thread was supposed to be about :P

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

SherlockHolmes

445. Posted:

Back on topic, then, PS Vita looks interesting. :)

Squadala! We're off!
3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813
Xbox360 Gamertag:Thatreggaeguy
Add me and I'll add back!
Old Username: thelawyer

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

446. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Kholdstare wrote:

Over-hyped
Over-priced
Gonna fail
:P

Kinda like the 3DS's launch? :P

But its Nintendo! :O :(

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Kholdstare

447. Posted:

:o
I think we actually resolved some conflict without the help of TBD ... we deserve Ban Hammer immunity for a day :P

☆FRIEND CODES☆

3DS
1289 8322 9889

AuthorMessage

irken004

448. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Well now that Nintendo decided to keep GBA games as 3DS Ambassador exclusives (until who-knows-when) I may purchase a Vita by then. Besides, I could get this for my old-school handheld gaming needs: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd6f/

In addition to this, I honestly don't feel like paying so much for older games again. I was fine to do it for Wii but doing it again (now on a handheld) would take a toll on my downloadable-game wallet. I'm not even certain how much GBA games will cost to download on the 3DS but I'd guess it'll be at least $8, which is a price that I would not want to pay. :P

Although the Vita may cost more at first, I think it may be a better option for me in the long run.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

dimi

449. Posted:

I got a PSP. There's not a launch game of Vita i really want to play (although this Diablo-clone looks fun). If there are enough games i want to play in Vita i will purchase one. I still wait for Finaly Fantasy Type-O for PSP (hope for an english release).

Prediction: Sony launch will face the same and even more difficulties Nintendo 3ds had. Until new Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, GTA, Gran Turismo or Persona become available it will suffer.

dimi

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

450. Posted:

Ruin looks similar (and name wise) to Heroes of Ruin on 3DS- which looks similar to Torchlight which looks similar to Diablo :3

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

451. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

@Kid_Crono

I understood your point from the get-go. It seems most people here don't. Then again, I think you should have thought the way you were going to say it.

Guess I'm lucky, skillful.. Or something :P

xD

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

452. Posted:

Read on! http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/07/28/playstation-vita-t...

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

453. Posted:

Don't read that article, it's all fanboyish :O

They seriously say that the 3DS is just DSi with some upgraded features, and then "The PlayStation Vita is an entirely new platform in every way."

yeah :P

okay so I agree but whatever

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

454. Posted:

I read most of that link and I couldn't help but LOL all the way! :D

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Corbs

455. Posted:

Truth be told, Nintendo has to be fairly concerned about Playstation Vita coming soon to drop the price of their 3DS by a whopping $80 only 5 months after launch. Of course poor sales has to have played a part in it as well. Perhaps they weren't comfortable going up against Vita with the current sales at the same basic price as the Vita system. They're obviously more concerned than I thought they were. :D

Having said that, I don't understand why people keep saying the 3DS is just a basic upgrade of the DSi. Not only is the system far more graphically capable, but it has tons of new functions (just like Vita does in comparison to PSP) to go along with it. Games are gonna sell 3DS and VITA systems, but an $80 difference in price won't hurt where 3DS is concerned. :D

Edited on by Corbs

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

Bankai

456. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

Truth be told, Nintendo has to be fairly concerned about Playstation Vita coming soon to drop the price of their 3DS by a whopping $80 only 5 months after launch. Of course poor sales has to have played a part in it as well. Perhaps they weren't comfortable going up against Vita with the current sales at the same basic price as the Vita system. They're obviously more concerned than I thought they were. :D

Having said that, I don't understand why people keep saying the 3DS is just a basic upgrade of the DSi. Not only is the system far more graphically capable, but it has tons of new functions (just like Vita does in comparison to PSP) to go along with it. Games are gonna sell 3DS and VITA systems, but an $80 difference in price won't hurt where 3DS is concerned. :D

I agree with every word of this. Nintendo would have been insane to try and sell the 3DS at the same price as the Vita. Nintendo fans wouldn't care, but the mass market (ie the ones that line company pockets with gold)?

That said, I think the price drop has more to do with Nintendo desparately needing to get units into people's hands, not necessarily compete with the Vita. Nintendo wants (and needs) 3rd party developer and publishers on board, financing significant 3DS projects. That's not going to happen if Nintendo only manages to shift 700,000 units every three months. That's, frankly, an embarrasing figure, and that's why the likes of Capcom are cancelling projects for the 3DS. Even if every single person who owns a console buys that game, it's still not profitable to create an A-grade title.

So Nintendo's finally woken up and realised it needs to do some loss leading. It's a good thing.

And, yeah, people who claim the 3DS is little more than a DSi haven't used either/ both consoles. Even forgetting the 3D effect, the 3DS' Spot and Streetpass features alone mark it as a very different console.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Corbs

457. Posted:

I look at it this way, even in times when Nintendo's consoles haven't been shifting enough units to meet expectations, they are usually extremely hesitant to drop the price of the system, usually going far past the time when it was needed to finally bring it down. And $80 price drop in 5 months? That leads me to believe that if the Vita wasn't launching until next year, they might have held off, or at the very least only dropped the price $30-$40 rather than by nearly 1/3 the console's current retail price. I think it might have likely been a combination of both low target sales and the Vita being priced at the same price point as 3DS. That's just my opinion. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

458. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Infernapeking wrote:

To be honest PSP is crap. I had one I only played Dissidia Final Fantasy, and Resistance. I played Littlebig Planet and ModNation demo I got bored Littlebig Planet doesn't deliver the same type of platforming experience I had with Mario, Sonic, Kirby, and Donkey Kong. Modnation is a complete rip off of Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing adventure mode with Track and Kart customization. And it's boring and lame didn't even sell like hot cake. Nintendo has lots of rpgs Pokemons, Rune Factor, Final Fantasy III and IV DS, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Mario & Luigi Bowser Inside Story and
more. If PSP has better games then DS then why it still selling at 27 million and DS over 100 million now. 3DS getting price
drop in US to $170 in August til Holiday will make PSVita has a look a work to do.

Fanboy alert!

**COUGHThatmakesyoulooklikeaplaystationfanCOUGHboy*

Through I do think this: 3/DS First-Party Games beat the Vita/PSP but the Vita/PSP has better third-party games, just my opinion

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

459. Posted:

Playstationlifestyle all together is a giant fan-boy mob, XD. I rather find PS Vita news on VitaGamr with Honest Opinions from Sony Fans instead of there. (or even IGN, at least the fan-boys there actully have a point when they argue, :P)

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

460. Posted:

@Corbs and WaltzElf I think you guys are also overlooking another significant issue that Nintendo is currently facing; Wii U. The system has created more negative hype since E3 than positive and unless something major happens - which it always can happen in an instant - it's looking like Wii U won't be a massive Nintendo success. This brings us to Nintendo's fantastic portable gaming market and the new 3DS. The system got less airtime at E3 than the Wii U, even though it has loads of new titles in the works, so they could spend the majority of their show on Wii U, which showed basically nothing substantial about the upcoming system. This obviously was a problem and one that the industry has taken notice too, as they obviously had more focus on Wii U than the recently released 3DS, almost like the system was indeed just an upgrade. Wii U has gotten mostly negative reactions from gamers around the world and it's looking like it will draw very few hardcore gamers, as the system is current gen, and it's obvious that Nintendo has awoken to this and realized that the 3DS is could likely be their main source of financial income in the next few years.

Nintendo has no choice here, because with the 3DS not being the handheld superstar that they obviously thought it would be, seeing they released it without a real must-have title, and Wii U's looking like it could to follow this trend, Nintendo could be facing some dark times ahead of them, especially when the company has already been running at a financial loss lately. Nintendo has so much competition now, and either it was them waking up and seeing that all the casual gamers they won over with Wii are now playing iPads and Facebook games and don't pay attention to the gaming industry, or keep on in their arrogance (no digital sales, friend codes, weak online storefront with eShop, weak launch line-up, etc.) and get a hard slap in the face that could really put the company into a bind.

That's my thoughts. Vita and Wii U are both the determining factors for this issue, and I commend Nintendo for what they are doing. If they would have just cut the price and left us early adopters in the dust (only 5 months from release, while we had hardly nothing great to play on the system), I would have taken my 3DS and my games to Gamestop today and sold it, and I probably wouldn't have ever given them another dime of my money, but of course they didn't do that. I can't wait to have all the freebies on my 3DS and give them a go once again. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82