Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 401 to 420 of 2,923

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

401. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Anyway, yes the PSP had it's dismal run but PSVita will change things

The PSP was anything but dismal. It's outselling the 3DS in japan, you know.

Lolno.
Btw, that Modnations game looks awesome! :O

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

402. Posted:

Oh sweet lawd. PSP Go only sold 14? Is that even.. possible? Like, seriously... 14...?

That's just too funny lol

I'd love to be one of those 14 people who bought it :3

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

403. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yes it does. Scroll through the library of games and see the quality difference.

No it doesn't. I actually own a PSP so I can attest to the quality of the JRPGs and strategy games.

I provided you with links. Knock yourself out. xD

The links don't tell me anything, though. I spend more time playing my PSP than my 3DS. I'm not in the habit of playing bad games for fun.

Of course you're enjoying your PSP more, after all you've even admited that you dislike Nintendo franchises and are mostly all about RPG's, which is why the PSP is more ideal for you. And really, the PSP has been around for ages where it's obviously mustered up a decent amount of games, where as the 3DS has only been out for over 3 months....ya, you see that's a wee' bit of a giant MASSIVE difference there.lol

And since when were PilotWings Resort 3D, SSFIV 3D Remix and Zelda: OOT 3D bad games? Last time i checked one of those(ahem Zelda) is one of the greatest games of all time and made even better for the 3DS. And why do i get the feeling you're going to completely pass on the upcoming Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D, Cave Story, Bit Trip 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Resident Evil: Revelations? Your taste in gaming is quite the departure from the norm or so it seems, and that's cool. But don't act like the 3DS doesn't have any good games.

It's going to have an amazing future ahead of it, don't be so quick to judge now....Again it's only been 3 months. but if none of those future releases excite you, than well....Damn bud! :p But eh, I'm sure the Vita will give you your fix. B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

404. Posted:

Lolno.
Btw, that Modnations game looks awesome!

It only recently took back over the PSP, actually. I've been watching the charts in Famitsu, and before Zelda was released, the PSP was slaughtering the 3DS in sales.

On balance, you'll find the PSP is still ahead.

Of course you're enjoying your PSP more, after all you've even admited that you dislike Nintendo franchises and are mostly all about RPG's, which is why the PSP is more ideal for you. And really, the PSP has been around for ages where it's obviously mustered up a decent amount of games, where as the 3DS has only been out for over 3 months....ya, you see that's a wee' bit of a giant MASSIVE difference there.lol

Kinda proves my point that the PSP library isn't objectively inferior though, doesn't that? For quite a few niches, the PSP has a better range and quality of games than the DS - JRPGs, strategy, dating and Otaku games (if you import from Japan), etc etc. It's ultimately down to the individual which library of games is better, but claiming either is 'bad' is just silly fanboy behavior.

Your taste in gaming is quite the departure from the norm or so it seems, and that's cool. But don't act like the 3DS doesn't have any good games.

I wasn't? Read back a bit. I was pointing out that someone else shouldn't claim that the PSP is all bad games, is all.

Also, I find your last comment amusing, since you in a previous thread (or even earlier in this thread), went on about how only one or two games on the PSP interested you, WELL DAMN bud. :P

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

405. Posted:

@WaltzElf, what did you think of those PSP games I listed a page or so back? I really enjoyed them and I think they r a prime example of good PSP titles, most especially Daxter, Half Minute Hero, Lunar Silver Star, and FFT: War of the Lions.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

GreatManaTree

406. Posted:

The psp has a handful of gems, though. But if you are a huge fan of the RPG- genre like me, than DS is the console, with the largest library. psp vs ds = graphics vs gameplay. Same will probably be with Vita vs 3DS. ;)

GreatManaTree

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

407. Posted:

GreatManaTree wrote:

The psp has a handful of gems, though. But if you are a huge fan of the RPG- genre like me, than DS is the console, with the largest library. psp vs ds = graphics vs gameplay. Same will probably be with Vita vs 3DS. ;)

I completely and utterly disagree. Both the PSP and the DS (NOT the 3DS) have way more then a handful of excellent software.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

GreatManaTree

408. Posted:

Depents on what games you like.....Hardy. I like JRPG's, and the DS has most of 'em out of all consoles.

GreatManaTree

AuthorMessage

Magi

409. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

"better" is a relative term and is simply your opinion. I have far more PSP games than I do DS games. I own both handhelds (PSP2000 and DSi) and have spent nearly 10x the amount of time on my PSP than my DS. I'm not stating either is better than the other. I'm simply stating that I prefer my PSP over my DSi.

Face it.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

410. Posted:

Preference is a preference.

Waltz has put more hours on his PSP than 3DS.

Yet I put more hours in my 3DS than my PSP (which I got nearly 3 years ago).

I have Power Stone Collection, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Little Big Planet, Modnation Racers (horrible, horrible game), Killzone Liberation, Star Ocean Second Evolution (need to get back into it and beat it- wicked fun), Phantasy Star Portable (another game I have to beat but the final boss annoyed me), Megaman Maverick Hunter X and Dissidia Final Fantasy.

And I have about 50+ DS games :3

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

411. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yes it does. Scroll through the library of games and see the quality difference.

No it doesn't. I actually own a PSP so I can attest to the quality of the JRPGs and strategy games.

The links don't tell me anything, though. I spend more time playing my PSP than my 3DS. I'm not in the habit of playing bad games for fun.

I said before DS has more RPGs than PSP does. And I provided you with proof of my claim.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

412. Posted:

Hmm...PSP favor on a Nintendo board? :P

Personally, I think that the PSP and DS are nearly even on the RPG genre. I don't think Luminious Arc was on the PSP now was it?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

413. Posted:

@Kid_Krono

You're still fighting an uphill battle trying to "prove" that the DS library is measurably "better" than the PSP library.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

414. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

I said before DS has more RPGs than PSP does. And I provided you with proof of my claim.

You can't just shift your argument from quality to quantity when you're proven wrong, you know.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

415. Posted:

I love all this Vita discussion on the PS Vita discussion thread :)

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

416. Posted:

zezzy wrote:

I love all this Vita discussion on the PS Vita discussion thread :)

No

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

417. Posted:

...yes?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Simmer_E

418. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Anyway, yes the PSP had it's dismal run but PSVita will change things

The PSP was anything but dismal. It's outselling the 3DS in Japan, you know. In the rest of the world it's the first case of a truly successful non-Nintendo handheld. Sony was quite encouraged by the PSP, hense the Vita investment.

he Sims 2: Castaway, ThrillVille: Off the Rails, and that Ratchet and Clank game.

There's your problem. Try playing some good PSP games.

Yah, I think if I tried more games, I would have like it more XD

@komicturtle92

Why?
I watch my friend play Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, and it looks pretty cool!
I'm hoping they make one on the 3Ds, with online, and all that stuff :)
Then, I'd probably get it.

Edited on by Simmer_E

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

419. Posted:

Avoid Monster Hunter like the plague :3

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

420. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Avoid Monster Hunter like the plague :3

I can't stand Monster Hunter at all.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN