Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 381 to 400 of 2,923

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

381. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

That's not what's being questioned. What was being questioned was whether the PSP had any good games at all (or at least enough good games), and obviously the answer is "yes".

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

382. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

It really doesn't. Especially for people like me who enjoy strategy and RPGs the most.

The DS dosen't even really have the PSP on quantity with those two genres. The PSP has become, in the twilight of its career, the games industry Mecca for JRPGs.

I'll give the DS platformers and puzzle games, but the PSP has (subjectively) better RPGs, (objectively) more RPGs, (objectively) better retro games thanks to PSOne Classics, (subjectively) better "minigames" with Minis > DSiWare, and (objectively) better Japan-only games. Hook a PSP up to a Japanese PSN account and you're in for a hell of a good time.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

383. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

That's not what's being questioned. What was being questioned was whether the PSP had any good games at all (or at least enough good games), and obviously the answer is "yes".

I wasn't really contributing to the conversation going on. I was just stating the obvious since people think the Vita will beat the 3DS.

WaltzElf wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

It really doesn't.

Yes it does. Scroll through the library of games and see the quality difference.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

384. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

That's not what's being questioned. What was being questioned was whether the PSP had any good games at all (or at least enough good games), and obviously the answer is "yes".

I wasn't really contributing to the conversation going on. I was just stating the obvious since people think the Vita will beat the 3DS.

Now you're just putting too much stock into the DS' legacy to push the 3DS into the lead.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

385. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

That's true. But the PSP library has been getting better, case in point watch this:

@irken004, the PSVita games are going to be priced the same as 3DS games.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

386. Posted:

4 pages of games. DS.

3 pages. PSP.

Its obvious that DS has more RPGs than PSP. And add a little quality to that please. I'll pay the difference.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

387. Posted:

.... Is there any more PSP games coming out this year or did Sony just ditch the system..?

Red Flag #7

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

388. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

4 pages of games. DS.

3 pages. PSP.

Its obvious that DS has more RPGs than PSP. And add a little quality to that please. I'll pay the difference.

The PSP has more RPGs in Japan, which Metacritics doesn't count.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

389. Posted:

Did you folks look at that 'Grand Knights History' trailer?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

390. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

4 pages of games. DS.

3 pages. PSP.

Its obvious that DS has more RPGs than PSP. And add a little quality to that please. I'll pay the difference.

The PSP has more RPGs in Japan, which Metacritics doesn't count.

I'll take your word for it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

391. Posted:

Yes it does. Scroll through the library of games and see the quality difference.

No it doesn't. I actually own a PSP so I can attest to the quality of the JRPGs and strategy games.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

392. Posted:

WaltzElf and Mickeymac are right ladies and gentlemen. The PSP does have far more good RPG's in Japan as opposed to the USA.

btw I need a PSP AC cord for my PSP. Anyone know where I can buy an inexpensive one?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

393. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yes it does. Scroll through the library of games and see the quality difference.

No it doesn't. I actually own a PSP so I can attest to the quality of the JRPGs and strategy games.

I provided you with links. Knock yourself out. xD

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

394. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Face it people: DS had better games than PSP.

That's true. But the PSP library has been getting better, case in point watch this:

@irken004, the PSVita games are going to be priced the same as 3DS games.

Woah, that game looks great! :O

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

395. Posted:

@Turtlelink, yes, I'm really excited for that game. I hope that if Frederator Studios/ CN/ P. Ward go forward with an Adventure Time game that they get Vanillaware craft it. I'm looking forward to both Grand Knights History (PSP) and Dragon's Crown (PSVita).

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

396. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

.... Is there any more PSP games coming out this year or did Sony just ditch the system..?

Yeah, and more than the DS, too. Final Fantasy Type-0, The rest of Legend of Heroes Series, and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 for starters.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

397. Posted:

Check this out! PSVita Online features. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/26/playstation-vitas-near-live...

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

398. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

.... Is there any more PSP games coming out this year or did Sony just ditch the system..?

Yeah, and more than the DS, too.

Yeah because it's successor isn't already out or anything.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

399. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yes it does. Scroll through the library of games and see the quality difference.

No it doesn't. I actually own a PSP so I can attest to the quality of the JRPGs and strategy games.

I provided you with links. Knock yourself out. xD

The links don't tell me anything, though. I spend more time playing my PSP than my 3DS. I'm not in the habit of playing bad games for fun.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

400. Posted:

Yeah- I checked. There's more DS games coming out still than PSP. And it seems not one of those games that I see are by Sony, which is the point I'm making, really.

komicturtle