Forums

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Posts 3,301 to 3,317 of 3,317

JaxonH

@Dezzy
That's awesome. Only problem is, Vita as a homebrew platform was shot from day one, when the system was officially launched with a max of 64gb space.

I filled up my card many years ago, and then just lost interest as an emulation platform. I then set my sights on Switch for homebrew, but even that has kind of falling by the wayside ever since I got my Win 2. That thing emulates everything up, heck it could probably emulate a Vita lol (seriously, it could if there was an emulator, this thing does PS2, PSP, GC and Wii at 720p, it even runs Wii U games! Well, some of them anyways). Most importantly though, I have 1.2 terabytes storage on it and it's fully HD. Just roms alone account for 256gb, and that was cherry picking the ones I wanted most.

Still, it's good to finally see the system open up, even if the limited storage capabilities shoot its potential in the foot.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Yosheel

Please don't discuss the hacking of current conso- pff just kidding.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

@Dezzy
That's awesome. Only problem is, Vita as a homebrew platform was shot from day one, when the system was officially launched with a max of 64gb space.

I filled up my card many years ago, and then just lost interest as an emulation platform. I then set my sights on Switch for homebrew, but even that has kind of falling by the wayside ever since I got my Win 2. That thing emulates everything up, heck it could probably emulate a Vita lol (seriously, it could if there was an emulator, this thing does PS2, PSP, GC and Wii at 720p, it even runs Wii U games!

I'm fine with the limited memory cards. Nearly all of my games are physical retail for that very reason.
I even got hold of the FFX-2 retail edition from Hong Kong just so I didn't need to use up 4GB of space for FFX-2.
And also: how the hell does that thing emulate Wii U? Where are the examples of that?

I want Vita homebrew purely for 2 or 3 games that I can't normally play on a current console. Crisis Core for PSP and then a few PS1 games like Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Cross which aren't available digitally (Chrono Cross was never released in europe but I have no idea why Legend of Dragoon isn't available)

Yosheel wrote:

Please don't discuss the hacking of current conso- pff just kidding.

Ha. You're drunk on moderator power!

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Dezzy

Took me literally about an hour and I've got Crisis Core running on my Vita. Awesomeeeeee.

Dezzy

Just learned you can buy adapters specifically made for modded Vitas:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zantec-SD2VITA-Adapter-Henkaku-Memor...

It turns the regular game slot into an additional memory card and lets you use that to load PSP and PS1 games. Very awesome. I'm gonna stick loads of them on a 32GB microSD. Given the crap expensive Vita cards, I'd only had space for 2 PSP games so far (Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep of course)

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Lol:

Untitled

NEStalgia

Wow, it's depressing that the Vita thread has devolved into "how to hack this old hardware to do something useful." I can't even be bothered to link mine to my PS pro.... ;P

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

NEStalgia wrote:

Wow, it's depressing that the Vita thread has devolved into "how to hack this old hardware to do something useful." I can't even be bothered to link mine to my PS pro.... ;P

I didn't want to say anything, and instead was going to just ignore this thread entirely. I never wanted to witness someone peeing into a casket at an open funeral, but here we are...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Yosheel

I dunno. I'd say my vita has a perfect collection of software just as it is right now.

Never hacked it, no need to do it.

The recent addition of stardew valley really rounds off the package. Just wish I could store all my games in a single memory card... 8gb is not enough.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

dimi

Vita games are cheap and memory cards expensive. No need to hack it. I bought Stardew Valley on sale. And with little patience i got all games i needed for few pounds

dimi

Yosheel

I had bought stardew valley on my brothers PS4.

While he never played it (at least not until he got it for switch), the concerned ape overlords smiled upon me and made this version cross buy.

So I can now act as if that was the plan all along.

The switch version is better all around, but this one is considerably more portable, which is great.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred I laughed so hard at that......

Even the WiiU gets more respect. Vita's like a Virtual Boy that somehow shows higher numbers because of Japan.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Eh. Say what you want, but the Vita outsold the Wii U, continues to see new game releases, and still has a decent cult following.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Dezzy

dimi wrote:

Vita games are cheap and memory cards expensive. No need to hack it. I bought Stardew Valley on sale. And with little patience i got all games i needed for few pounds

They're cheap yes, but I've never seen Uncharted Golden Abyss for £3 at retail like it was during a digital sale at one point.

So hacking it is very good because on top of allowing me to play games that were previously unavailable, it also allows me to move PSP games onto a separate SD card, which leaves more space on my main Vita card, for Vita games like Uncharted that were normally too large to bother downloading.

Vinny

So, I'm playing GoW collection for the Vita... I know it's far from the best way to experience these games, there's some glitches, the framerate varies a lot and the cutscenes are really compressed, but it's hard to say no to portable GoW.

And it's kinda impressive how they made the 2 games fit on a filesize of about 3GB, II had a dual layer DVD on the PS2 if I'm not mistaken.

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Yosheel

So finally after over half a decade I decided to replace my Vita's screen protector.

Don't get me wrong, it definitely was high quality, after all it lasted scratch free from day one... It just... Yellowed. It looked nasty and distorted the colors.

Now it's like a new system.

Had to buy a universal screen protector and cut it down. On the bright side I managed to cut a screen protector for my gba micro from the same sheet.

I don't expect these to last quite as long...

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Vinny

My current Vita backlog (and not a whole of time to play, haha):

• Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • GoW Collection
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Ratchet & Clank Collection (I'm aware of the issues)
  • Odin Sphere
  • MGS3
  • Bastion
  • Gravity Rush
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Ys VII
  • Sly: Thieves in Time
  • Child of Light
  • AC III: Liberation
  • Undertale

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic