Forums

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 3,317

DanteSolablood

@Meowpheel Or worse than that, just tacking a touch screen to the bottom of the console where you'd always accidently knock it & lose zoom out at a critical moment on Disgaea 4....

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Yosheel

OR WORSE

Hm I was about to put a WiiU joke here, but I can't think of anything.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

Meowpheel wrote:

OR WORSE

Hm I was about to put a WiiU joke here, but I can't think of anything.

something something gamepad breaking making the whole console useless...?

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Vinny

27 hours into P4G and I waifued chie now. Just thought i'd let you guys know this very important info.

Also, nothing against dubs but honorifics in english just sound really weird to me.

Edited on by Vinny

CanisWolfred

Vinny wrote:

27 hours into P4G and I waifued chie now. Just thought i'd let you guys know this very important info.

Also, nothing against dubs but honorifics in english just sound really weird to me.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that. I've heard worse (Girls calling eachother "sissy", for instance, in place of "-chan" or "-sama" or "senpai"...though, maybe I just cringe at that because I knew of some very obnoxious girls in high school who called eachother that all the time...really, it was like they were always playing house together. At the age of 18. It got pretty weird at times), but ultimately, if you're gonna go for an English dub, just use an English equivelant to get across what they're trying to say. Otherwise it just sounds like they're going halfway with the translation...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Yosheel

Canis-senpai, let's meet in the local restaurant to eat the traditional American Udon noodles.

Also I baked some cookies. N-not that I made them for you!

Vinny-chan can come along.

I guess since persona doesn't try to hide the fact that you're in Japan, it's ok to use honorifics. It's not like there's an easy to way to translate them.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

Which pew pew space ship game would you guys recommend? TxK or Super Stardust Delta?

Edited on by Vinny

Ralizah

@Vinny Wasn't a huge fan of either. TxK is basically a better version of Tempest, and the maps in Super Stardust Ultra are small and claustrophobic.

Of the two... TxK, I guess.

Have you tried Velocity Ultra or Velocity 2X yet? I'd VERY heartily recommend those.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Vinny

I played the demo for Velocity Ultra and I enjoyed it!
2X looks nice too, but I've read somewhere you have to get a lot of perfect scores on 2X to unlock later levels, is this true?

I was curious about TxK and SSD because they cost the same and rarely ever go on sale on PSN. I remember playing Stardust Portable years ago on the PSP, but twin sticks shooters don't work so well without a second stick...

Edited on by Vinny

Ralizah

@Vinny Yeah, 2X is stricter on the XP requirements for later levels than the first game was. Not that it mattered, as I didn't move on until mastering previous levels.

Velocity Ultra is a better place to start anyway. It's a perfect little game, and the more time you put into learning its levels, the more it rewards you. It's a shmup with heavy collect-a-thon, puzzle, and speedrunning elements built into the core design of the game.

There's also a story in both of these games, featuring comic book-esque panels and a lot of dialogue.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

Cosmic Star Heroine is FINALLY coming to the Vita on the 24th of April

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/17/cosmic-star-heroine-come...

Been holding off playing any further until I could continue on the go. Glad to hear that'll be coming out soon, and they're still holding to their cross-buy promise after all this time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Agriculture

I don't understand why Sony doesn't just release an sd-card version of the Vita. There's tons of sales on PSN for the Vita, but how can anyone afford it when you factor in the cost of the memory cards?

Agriculture

Yosheel

I mostly keep all my vita games in my computer and swap them around as needed.

It's insane that these memory cards are still so expensive. And hard to find.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Dezzy

@Meowpheel

You can do that? Can you download directly to the PC or does it have to go through the Vita?

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Yosheel

@Dezzy I'm not 100% sure if you can download games directly to the PC (I think you should be able to?), but you can most definitely move games to and from a pc using the vita's content manager.

It also works with PS3's. And there's some PSP and PS1 games you can't download on the Vita that install just fine if they go through a PS3 first.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Vinny

Yosheel wrote:

I mostly keep all my vita games in my computer and swap them around as needed.

It's insane that these memory cards are still so expensive. And hard to find.

I do exactly the same! I don't replay games a lot so I move them over to the PC once I finish them, then I download a new one. I have a 4GB + 8GB card and I don't plan to get any more.
It's annoying how on top of everything, the digital games and saves are tied, so you gotta backup the whole game.

Though the sales are pretty good. On the lastest golden week sale I got Soldner X2 + DLC. Looking forward to Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Katamari to go on sale.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic