Forums

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 3,299

Dezzy

@faint

I don't even know if my brain can survive looking at the graphics of the first one.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

@faint

I don't even know if my brain can survive looking at the graphics of the first one.

The graphics are actually pretty good, though. Definitely showcased what the Master System could do.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

You talking about this visual diarrhoea?

Untitled

Dezzy

This was the master system too. I remember owning it. Far better looking.

Untitled

Vinny

Apparentely, there was a version of Plants vs Zombies for the Vita but it got pulled from the PS Store some years ago.

Man, I would have loved to play this one on the Vita.

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Ralizah

@Dezzy The animations inside of the dungeons are really smooth looking, though. Really impressive for a console at that time.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Dezzy

@Ralizah

What animations? Battle things?

Ralizah

@Dezzy Smooth battle animations for enemy sprites. Smooth environmental animation as you're walking around dungeons.

Vinny

I've played the Uncharted: Golden Abyss demo but I didn't like the aiming, it just felt awkward to me. Is the full game like that too?

Dezzy

@Vinny

Full game's just like the demo. The shooting is a bit loose in that game. Doesn't hold up compared to the console versions.
It's still a good game though overall. Especially given you can get it cheap nowadays.

Edited on by Dezzy

Vinny

Today a lot of Vita games are on sale on the US PSN. Including (those are the ones I'm interested in):

• Muramasa: Rebirth Complete Collection (with the add on DLC included)
  • Escape Plan
  • Street Fighter vs Capcom
  • Teslagrad

What do you guys think about those games? I've played Muramasa on the Wii two years ago, is the Vita version worth it for the DLC?

Dezzy

I finally managed to get hold of the physical version of Final Fantasy X-2, which only released in Asia.

A weird way of freeing up space on my Vita memory card, lol.

Ralizah

@Vinny Sure, if you like the game. Muramasa is a wonderful fit for the Vita. I've heard good things about Teslagrad as well.

Dezzy

I know this forum's rules are that we can't discuss any emulation or homebrew stuff for current gen platforms. So does Vita count as a current gen platform? (My definition would be based on whether it's still selling consoles, which it isn't)

If not, then I can happily report that a kernel exploit has been found for the 3.67 firmware (the latest and probably final one for the Vita):
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/7jew3i/read_this_...
In other words, for the laymen, the fully updated Vita will be able to play emulators and all that stuff soon. Until now, you needed a Vita on firmware 3.60 to get any of that working. Which means if you updated past 3.60, you were screwed.

The massive benefit of this is something that I've been complaining about for years now: You'll finally be able to play Crisis Core on a modern platform. Woohooo!
While no doubt legally questionable, this seems morally fine to me. I already own the PSP game. It's just a nightmare to play it because it's almost impossible to find good PSP batteries nowadays so my console only runs for about 30 mins. The Vita analog sticks are also 10 times as comfortable as the PSP thumbstick to control.

Edited on by Dezzy

Vinny

6 hours into Persona 4 Golden... The journey is just starting.

Dezzy wrote:

The Vita analog sticks are also 10 times as comfortable as the PSP thumbstick to control.

Completely agree, it's like a night/day difference. Not to mention the Vita has 2 of them, I always thought the PSP felt kinda 'incomplete' without a second one.

Dezzy

@Vinny

Yep. The PSP thumbstick was one of the worst designed pieces of hardware I've ever seen. I think they were unsure whether covering it in sandpaper was better or worse than just having a sharp needle that sticks into your thumb in order to get traction.

Yosheel

It could be worse. It could be like 3DS's C nub.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Meowpheel

That works just fine for camera controls. You just can't do anything precise with it like aiming something.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic