Forums

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 3,244

CanisWolfred

@Meowpheel That song sounded so happy and uplifting! And then it was all like, "Think of all the cash you could make when they all sing along! It doesn't matter if all of your songs sound the same!"

Talk about bipolar. Zero-to-Cynical in nothing flat. Been a while since I encountered such a daring feat.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Meowpheel

Haha yeah it's great.

It's better when you find out that the sound is entirely out of character for the band that plays it.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

crimsontadpoles wrote:

That song is so happy. Usually that would be far too happy for my liking, but it was just what I needed right now

...Something tells me we have different definitions of "happy".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

CanisWolfred

tobibra wrote:

A few questions.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xseed-Games-81467-Akibas-Trip/dp/B00...
-Why do Amazon UK themself sell an American copy of the game? They do have the European version too. And there is none just a download code version correct? I want the American retail version and this is my best bet so far

I've seen a lot of European and other imports on Amazon, but I don't think I've noticed any being sold by Amazon directly. That is odd. I wonder if it was more economical for them to sell import copies? Like...wasn't it banned/stripped down in Germany or something? Or am I thinking of something else?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

tobibra

@CanisWolfred The reason its somd by Amazon is part of why I'm asking, I don't know either.
The weird part is its expensive everywhere else. Thats why I would be interested if its a cart and not just a download code.

Don't know if this game was banned in Germany, but Valkyrie Drive and Gal gun was.

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

Vinny

The home button on my PSP stopped working. Not sure if it's something bad or actually a good excuse for me to buy me a Vita.

But for serious now, this is probably the year I get one. I'm considering a Slim because I'm finding it for lower prices but I have a preference for the original because of the OLED screen.

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

Discord: This cord
Tumblr: Where I post... stuff.

GameOtaku

Currently playing megatagmention blanc + Neptune vs zombies and Fate Extella! Both are awesome!

GameOtaku

JaxonH

Seems like nothin much on the horizon for Vita anymore... nothing big I'm interested in anyways.

This sucks. I know its been slow for years, but this is the first time I can recall where there's not a single big game that really excites me in the pipeline... there's a few I think I'll probably end up buying eventually, whenever they release, but man. It's getting pretty thin over here on the Vita front.

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Ralizah

@JaxonH Lots and lots of niche games. Only upcoming releases I'm really looking forward to are Tokyo Xanadu and Danganronpa V3, but there's a huge amount of older Vita games I've yet to play.

That's one good thing about owning multiple platforms: software droughts don't matter because there's always something to play somewhere else.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh for sure. And those are the two games I think I'm still buying, despite both of them ranking pretty low on my "hotly desired" list. Any lower and I might have skipped them entirely.

But ya, it's cool. When you literally own every platform known to man, you have access to every single video game released. And the industry as a whole releases a ton of games. I've always seen it as one giant pie of video game releases, and each platform entitles you to one slice of the pie. Some slices are smaller than others, and some taste better or worse. I think Vita, while it may still be getting a few niche games, is just about over in my book, along with Wii U.

At least I always have Final Fantasy X, Persona 4, Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy on a slick handheld, along with a nice spread of PSone and PSP VC.

PLAYING

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Danganronpa V3 is one of my most desired games this year. Any other year it would be my most anticipated game, but with Persona 5, BotW, Super Mario Odyssey, etc. on the horizon, it has some major competition. Either way, it's just one more reason why 2017 is such a brilliant year for video games.

Tokyo Xanadu isn't really a day one for me, but I am looking forward to it.

Either way, I don't really see the Vita surviving as a viable platform beyond this year.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya. Everyone told me Danganronpa was great so I got all 3 for Vita. And... they are good, but even the best Japanese visual novel is still lukewarm overall for me.

Tokyo Xanadu intrigued me, but Idk enough about it to say whether I'll love it or not. Trails was super hyped and, while good, kinda ended up being par for the course JRPG fare for me. Hopefully it at least gets a physical release.

It's a good year for RPG'S elsewhere though. Persona 5, Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles Azure Revolution, Ni No Kuni 2, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Echoes, Dragon Quest XI... Probably even more I'm forgetting.

Zelda and Skyrim on Switch (I know Skyrim isn't new, but getting it on a handheld makes it feel new)

PLAYING

AWAITING

Jesus is Lord.

Meowpheel

I got a $20 on my recent visit to the US. Any recommendations?

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

CanisWolfred

Oh hey, I'm glad I didn't get Stranger of Sword City now, since they just announced that Stranger of Sword City Revisited is on its way (albeit digital-only). Sounds like it's got all the old content, alongside a whole mess of improvements.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Meowpheel

I ended up purchasing Stardew Valley for the ps4, for my brother.

If they ever do end up porting it to the vita, it will hopefully have cross buy. That'd be nice.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Dezzy

Ys 8 confirmed for western release on PS4, Vita and PC.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-ps4-ps-vita...

Sounds like we're getting another physical Vita game. Wooohooo.

There's footage of the Vita version of this on youtube. It actually looks incredibly good for a Vita game and seems to run well. So I'll prob get that version. Visual quality seems to be about twice as good as Ys Celceta.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic