Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,861 to 2,880 of 2,923

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,861. Posted:

With PSOne there were quite a few, but they've been updating them for a while now. The list is always shrinking, which is why its so hard to find a decent one online.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,862. Posted:

@CanisWolfred - Thanks for the correction! I haven't bought any PSOne games on my Vita yet, so I hadn't noticed that.

The free games for PS Plus members came out yesterday, and they were a bit disappointing. The only game I downloaded on the spot was Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
I'll probably look at reviews for the others before downloading them. If I want to download them I'll have to clear up some space on my memory card, and I'd rather not do that for games that I'm not sure I'll like.

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
I use hashtags sarcastically. #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,863. Posted:

Yeah, Playstation All-Stars was the only good game I saw on that list, and I own it already. Kinda glad I don't have PS+ anymore...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,864. Posted:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

@CanisWolfred - Thanks for the correction! I haven't bought any PSOne games on my Vita yet, so I hadn't noticed that.

The free games for PS Plus members came out yesterday, and they were a bit disappointing. The only game I downloaded on the spot was Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
I'll probably look at reviews for the others before downloading them. If I want to download them I'll have to clear up some space on my memory card, and I'd rather not do that for games that I'm not sure I'll like.

Might as well pick them up. That way, if you're hankering for something to play, you can download them later.

Also, TxK and Velocity 2X are the bomb. I've also heard good things about Joe Danger. To be honest, I was thinking PS All-Stars was the worst of the bunch.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,865. Posted:

I could never get into Tempest-type games, and Velocity looks like every shooter ever (which isn't bad necessarily, but I have more than enough shooters on various platforms, including the Vita). And I hate Joe Danger from what I've played. Oh, and Hoard was one of the worst games I've played in years. I don't even remember what the other game was and its probably not worth remembering.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,866. Posted:

TxK looks like a lot of fun. Velocity Ultra is a ton of fun, so if 2X is anything like that it'll be good.

I've heard some bad things about All-Stars as well. Although now that its free, I'll just see for myself.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,867. Posted:

@moomoo - I make sure to do that with each month's PS Plus games, just in case I ever get the urge to try them out in the future.
I'll be sure to look into TxK and Velocity 2X, as I honestly can't say I know much about them.
I too have heard some good things about Joe Danger, though I'll almost definitely pass on it due to the fact that I find it difficult to see past the unappealing and somewhat cheap-looking art direction.

Just realized that Freedom Wars releases next month. October is going to be a pretty amazing month as far as video game releases go: Freedom Wars, Fantasy Life, Smash Bros. 3DS, and Hyrule Warriors (not technically being released in October, but fairly close).

I use hashtags sarcastically. #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

2,868. Posted:

Finally picked up a Vita last night, and already kind of regretting it!

I got it for $125 with a 4GB card, charger, and three games I'm going to try and sell online for around $5-8 each (Mod Nation Racers, Little Deviants(?) and Hot Shots Golf). It was very lightly used, and if I didn't know any better, I would assume it was brand new out of the package. Not a scratch on it and no dirt or grime on the buttons. The previous owner said he got it for a gift and it had been sitting in a drawer untouched for months. It's the original model with the OLED screen, which looks great.

So far I've downloaded Hotline Miami (which is excellent and very addicting) and RE2.

My initial impressions are that it's not all that comfortable to hold for long periods. After an hour or two my hands were cramping up, which was annoying. The graphics are nice, and sound is good too.

But scrolling through the online shop....there just isn't all that much on it that interests me! I tried the Uncharted demo, but deleted that after maybe 15 minutes. I looks decent enough, but I didn't get that into it. I'm just crossing my fingers that Duke Nukem 3D is released in a couple months, that I can play that for a while (one of my favourite games and I bet it will look great on that screen) and then resell the Vita for possibly the same price I paid for it.

Who knows, maybe the more time I spend with it the more I will like it, but so far it's very "meh".

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,869. Posted:

@Beetlejuice - The Vita definitely isn't for anyone, though I, for one, love it.

I too found that the system was uncomfortable to play with for extended periods of time, though I got used to it after awhile, and now it doesn't bother me.
As far as games go, I believe @CanisWolfred made a list of noteworthy games which you should check out. I don't think he included any of the PSP games available on the PSN store, though, so you may have to look elsewhere for PSP recommendations.

EDIT: Found it.

CanisWolfred wrote:

*Tearaway

• Virtue's Last Reward
  • Gravity Rush
  • Killzone
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Muramasa
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Project Diva F (?)
  • Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • DanganRonpa
  • Disgaea 3
  • Wipeout 2048

PSN games:

• Retro City Rampage
  • Luftrausers
  • Spelunky
  • OlliOlli
  • Dustforce
  • Gunslugs
  • Fez
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Doki Doki Universe
  • Eufloria HD
  • Terraria
  • Rainbow Moon
  • Lone Survivor: Director's Cut
  • Hotline Miami
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Guacamelee
  • Sound Shapes
  • Sine Mora

Oh, and these games were recommended by @GuardianKing:

GuardianKing wrote:

• Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
    • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
    • Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
    • Persona 4 Golden
    • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

$125 is a good price for (what sounds to me) a like new system. I would keep it for awhile if I were you, then if you still feel disappointed with it a few months from now, sell it.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,870. Posted:

That list would be about 3 times a long if I included PSP download games. :P I know nothing of Beatlejuice's tastes, but here it goes:

• Daxter
  • Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
  • Resistance: Retribution
  • Wipeout Pure
  • Wipeout Pulse
  • Lumines II
  • Wild Arms XF
  • Jeanna d'Ark
  • Ys Seven
  • Ys: Oath in Felghana
  • Ys Chronicles
  • Persona 3 Portable
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC/SC [Coming soon]
  • Disgaea: The Afternoon of Darkness
  • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
  • Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle
  • Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
  • Riviera
  • Yggdra Union
  • Knights in the Nightmare
  • Growlanser
  • Gungnir
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
  • Tactics Ogre:
  • Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection
  • Hakuoki: Demon Fleeting Blossom
  • Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
  • Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins
  • Darkstalkers Chronicles
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3: MAX
  • Power Stone Collection
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  • Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
  • Crimson Gem Saga
  • Cladun: This is an RPG
  • Patapon series
  • Locoroco series
  • My Lord/Badman series

There are about a dozern or so really good games that are PSP-only, too, but obviously you can't put those on the Vita. :/

Also, I missed a few Vita games since they aren't cheap:

Danganronpa 2
Borderlands 2
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Disgaea 4: The Promise Revisited
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Conception II: The Seven Star Children
Dynasty Warriors 8
Gundam Breaker No wait, that's an import-only game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,871. Posted:

@CanisWolfred - I'm going to add

• Final Fantasy Tactics

to that list (though it could also be considered a PSOne game, I suppose). While it may not have as good of gameplay as some of the other TRPGs you listed, its story really is top-notch, and the job system is better than that of any other TRPG I've played.

@BeetleJuice I can second Danganronpa 1 and 2. I've played neither, though I've watched Let's Plays of the first and part of the second
If you're into games with intriguing stories and an extremely diverse cast of interesting characters (and even if you're not), you must play the Danganronpa games.

You.

Must.

Sadly I don't own many Vita titles, but I can also second Dragon's Crown. It's a really fun game with nice class diversity, the art is astoundingly beautiful, and the gameplay is top-notch. I haven't tried out the multiplayer feature yet, but I have heard good things about it.

Gravity Rush was one of the games I got on the first day I had my Vita. It's a good open-world (action?) game with a really nice cel-shaded art direction. The gameplay is, I daresay, some of the best on the Vita, which is saying a lot when considering Vita's intensely solid library of titles.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,872. Posted:

Personally I found Final Fantasy Tactics to be one of the most overrated games I've ever played. The story is a hot mess and the gameplay has been built on by so many other games that it feels like a dinosaur in comparison. It doesn't help that Tactics Ogre, which came before it, was a better game from my experience.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,873. Posted:

The 3rd bday have awesome gameplay if you dont mind a nonsensical story

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,874. Posted:

@CanisWolfred - I thought the story was pretty good. Not anything award-winning, but still up there.
I haven't played very many TRPGs so I don't have much to compare it to, but I feel like FFT excelled at making the job system in-depth; even more so than some of the recent TRPGs, like Disgaea (though I, admittedly, have not played much of this game). That said, aside from the job system, I completely agree with you: the gameplay is not as good as many other TRPGs.

Speaking of Tactics Ogre reminded me that I've been wanting to buy that game. Maybe I'll take the plunge once I buy a larger memory card.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,875. Posted:

What annoyed me about FF Tactics were the seemingly random difficulty spikes. I remember in the space of one battle early in the game the difficulty went from push-over to ball-busting.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,876. Posted:

Amazing European PSN Sale on Retro Games going on. PSone, PS2 and PSP games included, plus a few of the PS3 HD Collections.

Just bought this lot of PSOne Classics:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Team Racing
Destruction Derby
Driver
Fear Effect
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
Future Cop LAPD
G-Police
Grandia
Guilty Gear
International Track and Field
Jumping Flash
Klonoa: Door to Phantomville
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Medieval
Metal Gear Solid
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Rayman
Rayman 2
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Ridge Racer Type 4
Silent Hill
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2
Spyro 3
Syphon Filter
Tekken
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Twisted Metal
UmJammer Lammy
Warhawk
Wild Arms
WipeOut

Plus Power Stone 1 and 2 for PSP!

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

2,877. Posted:

^ Wow! How much did that set you back??

I was thinking about buying GTA: Vice City Stories a few days ago but it was $19.99 and I felt that was too much. Then about 20 minutes ago I looked at it on the PS store and it was $2.49!!! Thank god I didn't buy it earlier!!!

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

mookysam

2,878. Posted:

Lots of goodies in that sale. I have Symphony of the Night on the 360 and as part of the Dracula X Chronicles (which makes it tiny on the PSP screen) but the thought of playing it on the gorgeous Vita screen is seriously tempting.

Definitely going to get Blood Omen and maybe Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 as I've been waiting for those to go down in price for ages.

mookysam

AuthorMessage

3dcaleb

2,879. Posted:

the playstation store updates every tuesday and every once in a while they have random sales that only last for a day or 2 sometimes called flash sales, usually on the weekends. but sometimes they have games for like .99 cents or 75-80% off. like not too long ago i got thomas was alone, velocity ultra, dino crisis 1 and 2, and a few other good ones for a buck a piece. if u wait long enough, almost all games will go on sale for super cheap for a bit. i usually check this site every other day at least for updates on whats going on on the playstation network and store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

playing mostly - fantasy life, sword art online: hollow fragment, pokemon x&y, solatorobo, freedom wars, dragon ball z battle of z, futuridium. just got & about to play soon - shin megami tensei IV, one piece romance dawn & unlimited world red, muramasa rebirth, gundam seed battle destiny(import),

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4913-8635 | Nintendo Network ID: 3DCALEB

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,880. Posted:

3dcaleb wrote:

the playstation store updates every tuesday and every once in a while they have random sales that only last for a day or 2 sometimes called flash sales, usually on the weekends. but sometimes they have games for like .99 cents or 75-80% off. like not too long ago i got thomas was alone, velocity ultra, dino crisis 1 and 2, and a few other good ones for a buck a piece. if u wait long enough, almost all games will go on sale for super cheap for a bit. i usually check this site every other day at least for updates on whats going on on the playstation network and store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

This so much, you should wait for PSN sales before buying game it saves you lots of money.... hope there is a new Sale of the Dead this October, last year's was awesome

PSN: Fertheseeker