Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,821 to 2,840 of 2,909

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,821. Posted:

Tearaway. One of the best games on the system. It's creative, charming, and genuinely impressive. Also, it uses most of the Vita's unique features.

I'll second the Persona 4 Golden, Killzone: Mercenary, and Gravity Rush recommendations. All stellar games. There is also a rock-solid port of Disgaea 3 for the system, with a port of Disgaea 4 coming soon. Disgaea games, if you've never played them, are really fun and wacky SRPGs.

As someone else said, all the fighting games on the system seem to run and control perfectly, which is insane for a handheld.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,822. Posted:

I second Persona 4 Golden, and if you like SRPG, better buy the Disgaea 4 that comes at August, if I'm not wrong.

for platformers, Stealth Inc is amazing. For a dash of action, I find Muramasa Rebirth is really good too (coupled with the... GORGEOUS FOOD).

(And for everyone giving me suggestions, thank you! :) )

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

2,823. Posted:

UnknownNico wrote:

As I said earlier in the positives thread, I won a PS Vita! Any game recommendations?

Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, and Tearaway. I don't own a Vita (yet), but these are the games that really make me consider getting one eventually. Heard good things about them, too.

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,824. Posted:

I am now a proud member of PS Plus. I'm currently downloading July's free games, and I'm really looking forward to August's!

On a side note, I'm going to have to invest in a larger memory card soon. If there's one thing I hate about the Vita, it is definitely the proprietary memory format.
Does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy a 32gb/64gb Vita memory card online is?

@UnknownNico - Congrats on winning a Vita! I'd recommend something, but other users have already mentioned the games I would have recommended.

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,825. Posted:

Another recommendation is Zero Escape: VLR if you haven't played on 3DS

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,826. Posted:

^This individual knows what's up

Also, in terms of general PS1 Classic recommendations, the Square RPGs have all aged pretty well, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night has aged perfectly, and Metal Gear Solid is pretty great (although it's not on Vita without PS3 transfer, which is stupid). All the others? I really wouldn't recommend them unless if you had major nostalgia for them.

Then there's the PSP library. There's a lot of really good stuff there, especially if you like RPGs, and the best part is that they're usually pretty cheap. Half-Minute Hero, Persona 3 Portable, the Ys games, The 3rd Birthday, FInal Fantasy: Dissidia Duodecim, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, the Disgaea games, the LocoRoco games, the Patapon games, the God of War games... the list goes on an on. Definitely some really cool stuff in there.

@Turnip-Forest
Amazon seems to be the cheapest place for the 64 GB, which I would wholeheartedly recommend (I love it, even though it's crazy expensive).
If you're willing to, though, there's a good chance Black Friday will have deals on the 32 gb cards. I remember Gamestop selling them half-off online last year. Definitely worth it at $40.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

reborn

2,827. Posted:

Hi everyone! I need your help :/ I'm going to buy a Vita soon and I plan to do it with "Disgaea 3". I have a US PS Account and I'm in Europe at the moment so I may get it here. I've read all the DLC [of the PS3 version] is included in its PS Vita version right off the bat. Will I be able to play it? I mean, I don't know if I have to download it (so I can't because I have a US account) or if it's just in the cartridge.

Thank you so much in advance, I really want to play it :)

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,828. Posted:

reborn wrote:

Hi everyone! I need your help :/ I'm going to buy a Vita soon and I plan to do it with "Disgaea 3". I have a US PS Account and I'm in Europe at the moment so I may get it here. I've read all the DLC [of the PS3 version] is included in its PS Vita version right off the bat. Will I be able to play it? I mean, I don't know if I have to download it (so I can't because I have a US account) or if it's just in the cartridge.

Thank you so much in advance, I really want to play it :)

If you buy the game, all of the included DLC content should be available as a part of the game. I don't believe any additional downloads are necessary. They certainly weren't for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,829. Posted:

I downloaded Proteus, Dragon's Crown, Fez, and the other Vita PS Plus game which has a name that always seems to disintegrate from my memory (EDIT: It's Metrico).
So far I've only had the time to try out Proteus--which is fantastic. Proteus is just such a nice, relaxing game (that feels more like an experience than a game), and I love it. That said, I can't imagine shelling out the full price of $13.99 for it.
I also started Muramasa Rebirth, which I got for free from last month's PS Plus games, and I'm amazed by how astoundingly gorgeous it is each time I pick it up. The gameplay is a blast as well, but I would have paid full price for only the art if the gameplay had sucked.
I'm really excited to start Dragon's Crown and Fez later today, I've heard they're both very good games. I'm cautiously optimistic about the other free PS Plus game, Metrico, as well.
This is only my second month as a PS Plus member so I don't really have much to compare this month to, but this month's selection of free games is extremely solid. I'm very happy with it, especially because I didn't own any of these games until now!

Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,830. Posted:

Square Enix Sale happening on PSN right now. Games like FF VI - IX are $4.99, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster is $19.99. Front Mission 3 is also $2.99, which is a steal considering how fun that game is.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus is coming to Europe in October as a digital-only release.

And Dragon's Crown is a neat game. I've been trying it out since it first released on PS Plus, and it has a superb sense of art direction. Also, the Vita can handle a LOT of chaos in that game fairly smoothly.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,831. Posted:

;___; FF IX is 5 dollars? I should have waited-- ah, oh well, it has passed.

And who here is going to buy Disgaea 4? :3

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,832. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

;___; FF IX is 5 dollars? I should have waited-- ah, oh well, it has passed.

And who here is going to buy Disgaea 4? :3

I want to, but I can't in good faith when I've barely even made a dent in 3.

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,833. Posted:

@Ralizah I find that 3 is really interesting because of... Raspberyl. If I ever will play 3, it's because of her >w>

and yeah, I think I'm going to put a lot of my time into 4, luckily, I'm during holiday... :D

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,834. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

@Ralizah I find that 3 is really interesting because of... Raspberyl. If I ever will play 3, it's because of her >w>

and yeah, I think I'm going to put a lot of my time into 4, luckily, I'm during holiday... :D

I loved Disgaea 2, and of course the third has awesome gameplay, but the whole "being evil is good" schtick has gotten old fast. They took one mildly amusing joke and based the whole game on it. I hear the fourth is better plot-wise.

Still, it's PS3-quality Disgaea action in a portable format. The things you can do in this series are insane. I can't tell you how many hundreds of hours I'm going to lose exploring item worlds again.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,835. Posted:

@Ralizah well, I've only seen half the story in youtube, and well, yeah, the whole 'evil things are good' is fun if it's the first time you see it. XD But well, so far, I find Beryl is really... fun character XD

and I haven't even start 4, going to pay it later today, and have it shipped. :3 but I do hear it's the one with the best plot for Disgaea (we don't know anything about 5 yet XD)

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,836. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

@Ralizah well, I've only seen half the story in youtube, and well, yeah, the whole 'evil things are good' is fun if it's the first time you see it. XD But well, so far, I find Beryl is really... fun character XD

and I haven't even start 4, going to pay it later today, and have it shipped. :3 but I do hear it's the one with the best plot for Disgaea (we don't know anything about 5 yet XD)

Thus far the original has the best plot and characters I've seen. Flonne is such a cutie! I have high expectations for D4, though.

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,837. Posted:

@Ralizah I like the fact that the main character is a vampire! That eats sardine! :D

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,838. Posted:

I am considering buying Blaz Blue Continuum Shift Extend on the Anime sale... has anyone given it a try? is it truly as complicated as people say? I don't plan on playing competitively or anything like that, just want to play casually and play history mode for the visual novel aspects

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,839. Posted:

@DualWielding - It definitely can get complicated, though I'm sure you'll be able to get through any offline modes by just wielding the almighty power of random button presses.

On the off chance that you aren't good enough at it to get through the story mode (or if you decide you'd like to play competitively) there's a really handy challenge mode that teaches the combos for each specific character. It starts with easy combos, then builds up to ones that are really complex.

As long as you like fighting games, I can't recommend this game enough. Great character designs and variety, great artwork and animations, very nice controls, and a plethora of modes to choose from.

EDIT: I'm basing all of the above on the PS3 version. The Vita version is the same, AFAIK, but the controls may not be as good; I'd check some reviews if I were you.

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,840. Posted:

so I guess Vita is officially dead as far as first party support goes after not even a single mention at gamescon