Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,801 to 2,820 of 2,922

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,801. Posted:

I have bought some things from Amazon once... (some books)

After discount, the two books come in total of US$15... and then the shipping comes up. it becomes... US$ 30. Which is incredibly pricy for me (not to count I can't use my debit card, and I don't have credit card). And also, the packaging also is... damaged :/ Probably my country's postage fault though. So... yeah, buying physical from outside of my country won't work :(

Thank you for helping though, I appreciate it XD;

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,802. Posted:

If you buy a second Memory stick, you can make a US account and buy US PSN points from Play-Asia. Then just download it the next time it goes on sale. (It happens like every other month...)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,803. Posted:

Hm... might do that. How low has it gone for during sale? :o

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,804. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

Hm... might do that. How low has it gone for during sale? :o

Lowest I've seen it is $17.99, but it might go lower next time. No tax on US PSN as far as I know.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,805. Posted:

ah, that's really low, might grab it if it goes below US$ 20 then...

(... time to save a lot more money again... for buying them US PSN credits _)

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,806. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you buy a second Memory stick, you can make a US account and buy US PSN points from Play-Asia. Then just download it the next time it goes on sale. (It happens like every other month...)

Don't buy U.S points from play asia, buy from Amazon. Play Asia charges a markup while Amazon you only pay the actual amount. All you need to do is write a random U.S. address in the shipping address (code is send online but they require you to provide a U.S. address in order to sell you U.S. points but since nothing is actually shipped any random address would do).

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,807. Posted:

So Playstation Plus this month seems pretty great for Vita owners. We get four games: Metrico (hasn't come out yet), Fez (cross-buy with free PS4 version), Proteus (cross-buy with free PS3 version), and Dragon's Crown (US) or Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (EU).

Not bad at all. I've been meaning to try out Fez.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,808. Posted:

DualWielding wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Don't buy U.S points from play asia, buy from Amazon. Play Asia charges a markup while Amazon you only pay the actual amount. All you need to do is write a random U.S. address in the shipping address (code is send online but they require you to provide a U.S. address in order to sell you U.S. points but since nothing is actually shipped any random address would do).

But do they give you a code like Play-Asia does? Besides, he said they didn't accept his debit card. Play-Asia accepts paypal, and might even take his card.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,809. Posted:

Yes, I believe they do send you the code online. Sadly, Amazon requires a U.S. billing address if you want to purchase U.S. PSN cards.

@moomoo - Oh, snap. I've been wanting Dragon's Crown, Proteus, and Fez for awhile now. I may just have to start paying for a PS Plus membership.

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
I use hashtags sarcastically. #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,810. Posted:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

Yes, I believe they do send you the code online. Sadly, Amazon requires a U.S. billing address if you want to purchase U.S. PSN cards.

@moomoo - Oh, snap. I've been wanting Dragon's Crown, Proteus, and Fez for awhile now. I may just have to start paying for a PS Plus membership.

Yes they require a U.S address but since the code is sent online you can write any random address

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,811. Posted:

DualWielding wrote:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

Yes they require a U.S address but since the code is sent online you can write any random address

It requires a U.S. billing address too. The billing address is used to verify the credit/debit card I believe, therefore wouldn't it be necessary to have a valid U.S. address that's tied to the card?

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
I use hashtags sarcastically. #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,812. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Kind of out of the blue, but do you have any advice for Shadow Mitsuo in Persona 4 Golden? I figured I'd ask you here since it is a Vita game, and you seem fairly knowledgeable about Persona.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,813. Posted:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

DualWielding wrote:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

It requires a U.S. billing address too. The billing address is used to verify the credit/debit card I believe, therefore wouldn't it be necessary to have a valid U.S. address that's tied to the card?

I've not had any problem paying with my Australian card as long as I write a U.S. address

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

2,814. Posted:

As I said earlier in the positives thread, I won a PS Vita! Any game recommendations?

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,815. Posted:

UnknownNico wrote:

As I said earlier in the positives thread, I won a PS Vita! Any game recommendations?

Persona 4 Golden

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,816. Posted:

UnknownNico wrote:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush. I'm have some more if you don't have a PS3.
Edit: If you want to know more about one of the games just ask what you're curious about. (Or if you want more general info, that would work too.)

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,817. Posted:

DualWielding wrote:

UnknownNico wrote:

Persona 4 Golden

^Quoted for truth. By far the best game on Vita.

All the traditional fighting games on Vita are perfect ports in terms of how they play. Like, all of them. It's kind of crazy. Although the Guilty Gear Vita game doesn't have online, so that one would be at the bottom of the barrel, unless if you ardently love Guilty Gear.

Ys: Memories of Celceta is fun, fun, fun.
Killzone Mercenary is a really good FPS.
If you haven't played a Lumines game, Lumines: Electronic Symphony is a great place to start... if you can get it cheap.
Gravity Rush is a game that I was genuinely captivated by. There is simply nothing remotely like it.
Every Final Fantasy game from 1 to X-2 is on this system. So get to it.

I could keep going, but the list would get ridiculous since I don't have any genre specifications.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,818. Posted:

To quote something I found in another user's signature:

Internet_Forum_Guy wrote:

Gravity Rush is like losing your virginity: it's both exciting and confusing, sometimes you'll have no idea what you're doing, it's over all too soon, and yet it was friggin amazing.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

2,819. Posted:

Thanks, guys! I'm really excited to try out some cool new games!

Edited on by UnknownNico

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,820. Posted:

Tearaway. One of the best games on the system. It's creative, charming, and genuinely impressive. Also, it uses most of the Vita's unique features.

I'll second the Persona 4 Golden, Killzone: Mercenary, and Gravity Rush recommendations. All stellar games. There is also a rock-solid port of Disgaea 3 for the system, with a port of Disgaea 4 coming soon. Disgaea games, if you've never played them, are really fun and wacky SRPGs.

As someone else said, all the fighting games on the system seem to run and control perfectly, which is insane for a handheld.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah