Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,761 to 2,780 of 2,903

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,761. Posted:

Galenmereth wrote:

Can't we all agree to not be babies about fan-service? It's quite simple: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Stop trying to pass your own morality on to the rest of the world: I don't go around telling all you meat eaters what evil and unhealthy creatures you are.

I don't like it and I'm going to tell others to not buy it because I don't want to see it be successful so people keep making more. You can call it "being a baby" all you want, but don't tell me you never do it yourself.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all" — Every Hypocrite Ever

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,762. Posted:

There's a PSN flash sale going on right now.

The following games are currently on sale for 99 cents:

-Thomas Was Alone
-Tekken 2
-Urban Trial Freestyle
-Velocity Ultra
-Wild Arms
-Wild Arms 2
-Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
-Syphon Filter
-Dino Crisis
-Dino Crisis 2

EDIT: In case your were wondering, there are more titles that are on sale on the PS3 store.

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,763. Posted:

I'm going to be downloading Thomas Was Alone, HM:BTN, both of the Wild Arms games, and possibly Syphon Filter as well.

This is actually a fairly decent sale; much better than the not-so-great Summer Sale, IMO.

Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

AuthorMessage

Epicnessofme99

2,764. Posted:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

There's a PSN flash sale going on right now.

The following games are currently on sale for 99 cents:

-Thomas Was Alone
-Tekken 2
-Urban Trial Freestyle
-Velocity Ultra
-Wild Arms
-Wild Arms 2
-Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
-Syphon Filter

Others on sale that are also playable on Vita
-Dino Crisis
-Dino Crisis 2

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,765. Posted:

Here's the link so you don't have to keep guessing, since the PS Store's glitched up at the moment, at least on PS3...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,766. Posted:

Epicnessofme99 wrote:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

Snip

Others on sale that are also playable on Vita
-Dino Crisis
-Dino Crisis 2

Oh, thanks! Those aren't on the US PS Store for some strange reason.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Here's the link so you don't have to keep guessing, since the PS Store's glitched up at the moment, at least on PS3...

Thanks, that helps a lot. The PS3 store has so many glitches it's not even funny

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

2,767. Posted:

Galenmereth wrote:

Can't we all agree to not be babies about fan-service? It's quite simple: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Stop trying to pass your own morality on to the rest of the world: I don't go around telling all you meat eaters what evil and unhealthy creatures you are.

I'm not a baby about fanservice. I'm a baby about sexual assault being an encouraged and rewarded gameplay mechanic. Subtle difference.

Galenmereth wrote:

I don't go around telling all you meat eaters what evil and unhealthy creatures you are.

Well, now you did. :P

Q: How can you tell if someone's a vegan/vegetarian?
A: Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Edited on by SpookyMeths

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

Galenmereth

2,768. Posted:

That was the joke.

So sexual assault as a gameplay mechanic (which game is this again?) is worse than murder, blind violence, and all the other nice elements in between like we see in most games? Or is that okay because that's just "part of the game"?

Galenmereth

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,769. Posted:

Galenmereth wrote:

That was the joke.

So sexual assault as a gameplay mechanic (which game is this again?) is worse than murder, blind violence, and all the other nice elements in between like we see in most games? Or is that okay because that's just "part of the game"?

Sexual assault should never be okay and it's absolutely not a subject to be taken lightly. Don't you dare suggest something like this could ever be considered a joke.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Galenmereth

2,770. Posted:

Can you read the question again please, and continue past the words that shall not be mentioned?

Galenmereth

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,771. Posted:

Galenmereth wrote:

Can you read the question again please, and continue past the words that shall not be mentioned?

No. I'm not playing the strawman game. Violence can be justified. Sexual assualt can't be, or at least should never be. You can call it a double standard, but it's there for a good reason.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

2,772. Posted:

I'm really thinking about buying a Vita. Should I get one?

Buying: SSB4 (Wii U, 3DS bought), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A Place
Formerly NoUsernameHere and PSI_King.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,773. Posted:

WarioMan wrote:

If you think there'll be enough games you'll want to play, and the price seems affordable to you, then I don't see why not.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,774. Posted:

Galenmereth wrote:

violence in video games is borderline never realistic, and nearly every example that has been realistic has had it used as a very clear horrible thing. That and murder is universally considered a bad thing, while I've seen a shocking amount of examples of sexual assault being "justified" or people not even realizing that what they were doing counted as sexual assault. So it being an actual bad influence is actually a believable possibility (though admittedly, I doubt a ton of people are gonna buy this game, even for an otaku pandering game in Japan).

I'll also say, I very rarely get disturbed by video game violence, but like 30 seconds in I genuinely thought this was creepy.

I'm not saying it should be banned, but I am saying that someone needs to give the devs a looooong talk.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

2,775. Posted:

Galenmereth wrote:

Just to be clear on my position on this, I defended Senran Kagura Burst. The fanservice was innocent and the girls were actually decently well-written (for the kind of game it was, anyway) and interesting. I also read and watch ecchi manga and anime. Imagery that is clearly designed to pander to the game's niche male audience doesn't offend me.

But this kind of game that encourages you to sexually assault minors against their will is shameful. It's the interactivity and the clear discomfort of the girls that offends me.

As for violence, cartoonish and inconsequential violence doesn't bother me, but then I don't like Grand Theft Auto either.

I do love survival horror games, but the violence in those games has a purpose to scare and disturb me.

Edited on by SpookyMeths

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,776. Posted:

Does Legend of the Dragoon hold up well? And how about the Syphon Filter games?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

2,777. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Does Legend of the Dragoon hold up well? And how about the Syphon Filter games?

The frequency of random encounters in LotD can get pretty grating and the magic system is pretty awkward, but otherwise, it holds up quite well, IMO. If anything, I think I appreciate the story more now than I did when I was 13.

Syphon Filter is very noticeably dated IMO though.

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,778. Posted:

WarioMan wrote:

Do you have a PS3 or PS4 and are already paying for PS+, if yes then the main reason to get a Vita is that you'll be getting 2 games per month at no extra cost, if you don't have other playstation devices then you need to consider if there are enough Vita games you want

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,779. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'll also say, I very rarely get disturbed by video game violence, but like 30 seconds in I genuinely thought this was creepy.

That doesn't mean much, though, since it's probably more of a cultural thing. How much do you want to bet the Japanese person who doesn't even blink at this game will definitely be shocked at Bioshock Infinite when you're skyhooking people in the face?

As for the "sexual assault" in this game, it doesn't really seem to extend that far outside of the bounds of common anime tropes for me to consider it disturbing in its own right (as opposed to other games, such as one particularly famous example that was actually the target of a campaign by Equality Now which I'm apparently not allowed to mention). Moreover, people have different tolerance levels for this stuff: clearly most of you seem to be okay with SK, but the fact is that the objectification of women in that clearly disturbed a lot of people. Even Bravely Default involves male characters making sexual advances toward the women that would be considered harassment by many Western people. This is why games are still coming over censored: VERY different cultural values regarding women and sex.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,780. Posted:

I've been under the impression that most Japanese are actually disturbed by a lot of Otaku stuff, too (hence why "otaku" is a pretty bad thing to be called there)...they just tend to pretend it doesn't exist rather than make a big fuss over it. This is coming from blog articles I've read, as well as some stuff related to the laws (including polls) that I've stumbled upon, so take it with a grain of salt.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~