Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,741 to 2,760 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,741. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Looking for some help with a recommended title, since I have an old Amazon gift card to burn.

Y's: Memories of Celceta or Muramasa Rebirth?

Ys, easily.

I'm not sure why picking the game that ISN'T one of the best action games of the past 5 years is easy?

@kkslider5552000 Have you played both?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,742. Posted:

I've played both. Muramasa is good, but it's very repetitive and gets old fast. Ys is fantastic, though. Not quite as good as Ys Seven, but the combat and pacing are practically perfect.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,743. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've played both. Muramasa is good, but it's very repetitive and gets old fast. Ys is fantastic, though. Not quite as good as Ys Seven, but the combat and pacing are practically perfect.

Yeah I'd pick Ys as well.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,744. Posted:

Hmm well I'll do a little more research on the two. I did get Dragon's Crown so I might pick up Y's just to pick something up from another company (Vanillaware).

What do you guys think of the Killzone game for the Vita?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,745. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Hmm well I'll do a little more research on the two. I did get Dragon's Crown so I might pick up Y's just to pick something up from another company (Vanillaware).

What do you guys think of the Killzone game for the Vita?

BEAUTIFUL graphics for a handheld shooter.
Runs at a solid 30 FPS.
Controls very well.
Short but fun campaign mode.
Very robust online multiplayer.

For a few dollars, you can even download the bot zone DLC and play the multiplayer maps on the go with A.I. Not as challenging as playing with real people, but it definitely increases the portability of the game.

I'm not a big shooter guy in general, but I definitely consider it a must-have for the Vita.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,746. Posted:

^I agree with all of this.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,747. Posted:

@MuchoMochi Just like @Ralizah I'm not a huge fps shooter fan but found (and still finding) Killzone Mercenary to be really impressive and enjoyable, I think I've played five chapters so far (mostly stuck to multiplayer) the story is fine not overly gripping but does the job but for me the multiplayer is where it is at playing three to five matches is nice for quick burst, there are loads of weapons to try out, IIRC 6 maps which I find require drastic changes in the weapon loadouts I use. The game controls well considering the lack of triggers and clickable analogue sticks, visuals are top notch and easily some of the best on the handheld, I can't comment on Bot-zone as I decided to just rough the learning curve for online which is working well for me now.

This game is a must buy in my opinion really shows the capabilities of the console.

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Imagamerboi

2,748. Posted:

To those who think the Vita will end up beating the 3ds, have you realized that the Vita sold 1/10 of the 3ds sales, so it would take a miracle to boost sales that much.

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,749. Posted:

@Imagamerboi If this is all you want to contribute to this thread please don't bother posting here again.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,750. Posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVpuIVeRJk

So, Bullet Girls...

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,751. Posted:

Oh hey, that sounds like it'll be a cute 'em up or maybe an action game featuring an all-female cast. Surely it'll be interesting!

Watches Video

Untitled

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

2,752. Posted:

What the heck is going on at the 20-second mark in the video? Wow, I thought my copy of "Record of Agarest War: The Really Naughty Limited Edition" was weird and creepy...

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,753. Posted:

Had no idea why is was called Bullet Girls while watching the first 30 seconds.

Untitled

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,754. Posted:

I'm not one to get offended by games but this is genuinely a creepy trend.

From my perspective, let me just describe this trend with as little bias as I can find.

This trend is having games available to teenagers where you can touch a high school girl's breasts (and are encouraged by the marketing to do so) even if she is uncomfortable with it. Presented completely straight.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,755. Posted:

Game releases in Japan near the end of August. People are describing the game as Senran Kagura with guns, but I don't think SK ever gets quite so... interactive... with the girls involved. The run and gun gameplay does look pretty fun, though. It has a cover system, too, so maybe it plays like GoW if it involved scantily clad schoolgirls. :p

Those wobbly, phallic bullets are kind of weird, aren't they?

These sorts of games do seem to be a trend for Japanese Vita releases. Maybe the next model will go back to one analog stick like the PSP because everyone's... well... :)

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,756. Posted:

This is actually a perfect example of why Senran Kagura is a stupid thing to get mad at, especially the sequel. I hope I shouldn't have to point out the significant difference between these two.

For the record, this is actually a bit disturbing for me, and I've seen A LOT of questionable stuff from anime and the like but this is just a perfect storm of NO NO NO NO.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,757. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This is actually a perfect example of why Senran Kagura is a stupid thing to get mad at, especially the sequel. I hope I shouldn't have to point out the significant difference between these two.

For the record, this is actually a bit disturbing for me, and I've seen A LOT of questionable stuff from anime and the like but this is just a perfect storm of NO NO NO NO.

For all intents and purposes, the fanservice in Senran Kagura is pretty innocent. I mean, as innocent as fan-service can be. The characters rarely act lewd about it (outside of Katsuragi, but the boat has sailed on the whole 'pervy girl grabbing her friends' breasts' thing, and you'll find worse in mainstream anime like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Ranma 1/2), the main girls, as objectified as they might be, are actually pretty well-written, and the player is never encouraged to really "perv it up," so to speak. The fanservice seems more designed to elicit laughter than anything, and the creator is VERY upfront about the immaturity of the whole experience.

Bullet Girls, on the other hand... seems a little... It's definitely pushing the boundary of acceptability for non-eroge gaming.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,758. Posted:

I wish these games came with an option to play with the fanservice off

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

2,759. Posted:

There it is. There's the game all the Internet White Knights were looking for when they were writing their angry blogs about SKB.

I had the video muted because I was listening to music though. Somehow, Bach's Cello Suite No. 4 just made the whole thing even creepier. It's like watching A Clockwork Orange all over again.

Edited on by SpookyMeths

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

Galenmereth

2,760. Posted:

Can't we all agree to not be babies about fan-service? It's quite simple: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Stop trying to pass your own morality on to the rest of the world: I don't go around telling all you meat eaters what evil and unhealthy creatures you are.

Galenmereth