Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,721 to 2,740 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,721. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

@CanisWolfred I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are the games really about? From what I've gathered, it's like Recettear: part shop-sim and part RPG.

You're not even close. Seriously, you're gonna want to read up on this one, watch gameplay videos, etc. They're very love or hate, and it is entirely possible to waste a 60+ hour save if you don't know what you're doing.

Actually, as a general rule for niche games: they're games where you get what you put in. If you don't feel that you can muster the effort it takes to even read up on the mechanics, they're probably not for you.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,722. Posted:

Atelier seems to be for people who dig item crafting which I dont

DualWielding

AuthorMessage

Turnip

2,723. Posted:

Playing through Gravity Rush and FFX right now. I absolutely adore GR; the art direction, the gameplay, the world--I love it all.

FFX is kind of a mixed bag for me.
I'm liking it infinitely better than the only other FF game I've played (not including spin-off entries, such as Tactics), FFXIII (mainly due to FFXIII having a terribly broken battle system), but there isn't really much to like. I'm only about 5-8 hours in, and I definitely plan on finishing it, but I don't see why people hype it up to be such a great game.
The blitzball minigame kind of makes me cry.

I also bought FF Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP) from the PS Store, and gisjdfnacmsllds I love it so much. I can't believe I overlooked this game until just now. It's shaping up to be my favorite TRPG. I love turning enemies into frogs. Ugh so much fun.
For anyone who likes TRPGs and hasn't played this one, I highly recommend it. It's only $9.99, I believe.
My only complaint is that, in the PSP version of this game (there's a PS1 version as well), there is a framerate slowdown/drop whenever someone on the field casts a spell, effectively doubling the time it takes to finish the spell animation.
This may not sound that bad, but it really is. It doesn't ruin the experience for me, but almost every time someone casts a spell, I think to myself "come on, just hurry up" while gritting my teeth.

I'm thinking of buying Tactics Ogre PSP or a Disagea game after finishing Tactics; has anyone played either these? If so, how well does Tactics Ogre compare to FFT? Also, which Disagea game should I start on--do they need to be played in order?

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,724. Posted:

@Turnip I like both of those games substantially more than Final Fantasy Tactics. Tactics Ogre's ability to let you go back turns in case if you messed up is great, and the pace is very quick. Disgaea also has a nice flow to everything (although it is quite difficult).

Disgaea games don't really need to be played in order. Just start with the one you can find for the cheapest price. The first one is $15, the second is $20 on PSN. Very reasonable prices considering how much content is in them.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Turnip

2,725. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@Turnip I like both of those games substantially more than Final Fantasy Tactics. Tactics Ogre's ability to let you go back turns in case if you messed up is great, and the pace is very quick. Disgaea also has a nice flow to everything (although it is quite difficult).

Disgaea games don't really need to be played in order. Just start with the one you can find for the cheapest price. The first one is $15, the second is $20 on PSN. Very reasonable prices considering how much content is in them.

Really? How do those games' job systems compare, in terms of depth, to FFT's? FFT's job system is really what made the game great for me.

I'm really happy to hear that Tactics Ogre's pace is quicker; FFT's slow pace took quite a bit of getting used to.

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,726. Posted:

Agreed. I haven't actually played the PSP version of FFT, but I liked Tactics Ogre (even the PS Version, but definitely the PSP version) and Disgaea 1-4 over it. It's not a bad game, but I just felt certain areas were more polished and entertaining in TO, and Disgaea especially gives you a lot to do and play with.

And FFX is definitely a mixed bag. I enjoyed it for a while, but I felt it went way too long and stopped being interesting towards the end. After getting stuck fighting a certain someone for the 4th time, I gave up and just watched the ending...which I'll admit was a really good ending.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,727. Posted:

@Turnip

FFIV
FFV
FFVI
FFVII
FFIX

These, in my opinion, are the truly essential games in the Final Fantasy experience.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Turnip

2,728. Posted:

@Ralizah - I've been wanting to expand my digital library, so I'll definitely look into buying some of those.

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,729. Posted:

Turnip wrote:

@Ralizah - I've been wanting to expand my digital library, so I'll definitely look into buying some of those.

Cool. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,730. Posted:

Currently on the final chapter of FFT.
I just bought a PSN card, so I'll be downloading Disgaea:AoD--to fill the void FFT will inevitably leave behind when it's finished-- and probably FFIX as well.

On a side note, Freedom Wars looks really interesting; I'm super hyped after watching the trailers.
I hear it has co-op; anyone know if the online mode has random match-ups? I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything on it.

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile #nofilter #nomakeup
Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #summer #summertime #summertimewithfriends #friends #pals #buds #buddies #chums

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,731. Posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/03/criminal-girls-fireflys-...

Criminal Girls Invitation and Firefly's Diary are being localized in the West by NISA. Firefly's Diary will be digital only, and is supposed to release this year. Criminal Girls will be a Spring 2015 release.

Criminal Girls: Invitation has already been confirmed to be censored, although the extent of that is still unknown. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Mugen Souls and removed the punishments, though.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,732. Posted:

Firefly's Diary could be interesting. Don't care about Criminal Girls and the PS3 game, though.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

2,733. Posted:

Even if Firefly's Diary's gameplay sucks, I'm going to be downloading it for the beautiful art.

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile #nofilter #nomakeup
Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #summer #summertime #summertimewithfriends #friends #pals #buds #buddies #chums

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,734. Posted:

I started playing Terraria since I got it with Plus, it's a good game. A good fit for Vita too.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,735. Posted:

So there's a Digimon game coming to the Vita, apparently (in Japan).

Seems cool. Don't know exactly what's going on, but the character models look great.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,736. Posted:

Looking for some help with a recommended title, since I have an old Amazon gift card to burn.

Y's: Memories of Celceta or Muramasa Rebirth?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,737. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Looking for some help with a recommended title, since I have an old Amazon gift card to burn.

Ys, easily.

Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,738. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Ys, easily.

I'm not sure why picking the game that ISN'T one of the best action games of the past 5 years is easy?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,739. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Ys, easily.

I'm not sure why picking the game that ISN'T one of the best action games of the past 5 years is easy?

Because I'm picking one of the best action games in the last ten years.

Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,740. Posted:

Haven't tried Ys yet, been just playing Muramasa after getting it on PS+ this month and is pretty good

DualWielding