Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,621 to 2,640 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,621. Posted:

Finally unlocked multiplayer you were right @Ralizah it was after the first 9 stages.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,622. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Ok, I am thinking about getting a vita. Is it true that you can play final fantasy I through X-2 on it? I need to play more JRPGs after bravely default.

Well, other than IV, which had a superb PSP remake, almost all of the older games are the inferior PS1 ports with the long loading times. III is a port of the DS remake on the PSP, I believe. 7 - 9 are PSone classics, of course, and X and X-2 were just recently remastered and released. So, yes, so long as the flaws of the PS1 ports don't bother you, all of the FF games through X-2 are playable on the Vita.

All of the Persona games as well.

What happens to be wrong with the PSone versions besides the loading time? What is the superior version? How many can I (cheaply) play on my 3DS and Wii U (and PC, without emulation)

I've heard complaints about the PS1 versions having inferior translations, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. The ones I've played seem fine, script-wise. The main complaint is that even just opening/closing menus isn't lightning quick.

The superior versions of IV, V, and VI are the GBA ports. They're pretty much the definitive versions of those games, but they're not available digitally (besides emulation, of course). The only way to legally play them is to buy the carts and play them on a GBA.

Unfortunately, only the remakes of III and IV are available on the DS. If you want to cheaply play the older games, the Vita is your best bet.

@Jazzer94
Glad to help. I haven't actually played the game: would you recommend it? I've enjoyed other modern beat em ups like Code of Princess and Senran Kagura. Is it like Golden Axe at all?

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,623. Posted:

@Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

I got it. It's great if you like Beat 'em ups, especially ones with lots of moves, but like any Beat 'em up, it's much better with friends. Personally I'm kinda glad I only paid $30 for it, but I think it's cheaper than that right now, so go for it.

turtlelink wrote:

Yup, Dragon's Crown is a solid beat em up. Beautiful artwork, graphics, animations, etc. A new patch gives you a higher level cap and the ability to play through randomly generated dungeons should make you coming back after you beat everything too....

And to add my opinion I'm really enjoying it, the gameplay is fun and challenging the visuals are gorgeous the story is quite good as well and the unlockable artwork is excellent well worth a purchase.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,624. Posted:

Freedom Wars and Soul Sacraficr Delta are coming to the west. Also GameStop is going to have the retail version of a localized tales of heart R.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/tales-of-hearts-gamesto...

Okershia tainted bloodlines is coming over as well.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/14/soul-sacrifice-delt...

Soul Scarfaice is also having some sort of wild arms crossover.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,625. Posted:

God, yes, so many localizations this year.

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering Tales of Hearts R if this turns out to be real. I'll stay skeptical until an official localization announcement, however. Freedom Wars looks majorly fun.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,626. Posted:

Looks like Tales of Hearts R is getting a full Western release! (As in Europe too). I did NOT expect to be seeing that at all! Goes a small way to making up for the lack of Dragon Quest VII on 3DS.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

AuthorMessage

mookysam

2,627. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

Looks like Tales of Hearts R is getting a full Western release! (As in Europe too). I did NOT expect to be seeing that at all! Goes a small way to making up for the lack of Dragon Quest VII on 3DS.

I was genuinely surprised by that. Hopefully Innocence R will also be released if Hearts sells well enough.

mookysam

AuthorMessage

Blaze

2,628. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

yay for Europe~ :3

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,629. Posted:

There's a large PS sale going on in NA right now. For the Vita, "Retro City Rampage," "When Vikings Attack," "Urban Trial Freestyle," "Everyday Shooter," and "Gex: Enter the Gecko" have all been reduced to $0.99.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,630. Posted:

Sword Art Online Fragment hollow is coming out this summer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/sword-art-online-hollow-...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,631. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Sword Art Online Fragment hollow is coming out this summer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/sword-art-online-hollow-...

If its an accurate adaptation of the anime, it should turn into an infinitely worse and different game halfway through.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Yasume

2,632. Posted:

Any of you still actively playing on the Vita? It's still my primary game system. I literally play it every day for at least an hour. <3 it so much. I'm currently playing through Unit 13, Final Fantasy X, Flying Hamster HD and OlliOlli. The latter one especially is pretty much eating up all of my free time.

Also went on a buying spree yesterday and ordered Touch my Katamari, The Sly Trilogy and Demon Gaze and pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and God of War Collection. I've recently decided to collect games for the Vita, which I've never done in the past for any system and I actually enjoy doing it so far.

Feel free to add me, btw. Would love to see what you guys are playing and to check out your trophy progresses.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

edhe

2,633. Posted:

Hi, I backed a kickstarter game a while back, and came into possession of a Vita game key I won't be using.

It's a space sim, much in the vein of Wing Commander, called Starlight Inception.

The Vita key is only valid in SCEE territories. I've also got the steam key I'm debating giving away (albeit in a steam trade), that should be accessible across all regions (that the game is released in, anyway).

If anyone's interested, hit me up on steam at edhe1984. Alternatively, add me on backloggery, and I'll be able to securely send you the Vita key.

P.S. The reason for my buyers remorse, so to speak, is that I thought it was a game more akin to Elite or Egosoft's X. I've got a few X games, actually, and I've kickstarted Elite: Dangerous, which I'm sure would meet my expectations more.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,634. Posted:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9111...

This is essentially a 7 minute video on why I'm hesitant on getting a Vita.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,635. Posted:

@edhe Can I have the Vita key if its not gone already the game sounds cool, I'll add you on BL.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

edhe

2,636. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@edhe Can I have the Vita key if its not gone already the game sounds cool, I'll add you on BL.

I've sent you the Vita code.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,637. Posted:

http://gamingeverything.com/sony-holding-golden-week-sale-on-...

Huge PSN sale coming up. If you're a PS+ member you can get insanely good deals on games. Muramasa Rebirth for $7.49!

I think it's NA only, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,638. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Huge PSN sale coming up. If you're a PS+ member you can get insanely good deals on games. Muramasa Rebirth for $7.49!

That sale looks awesome, I'll be getting about 4 titles there. I will be waiting on Muramasa however since it is free next month in PS+ for europe so I'm guessing it'll be free for NA PS+ before the end of the year

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Marks

2,639. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Yeah it's a great sale! I bought Atelier Totori and now I'm debating whether to buy Meruru or Ys: Celceta.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

pixelman

2,640. Posted:

Muramasa Rebirth and Guacamelee are both fantastic. <3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy