Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,581 to 2,600 of 2,903

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,581. Posted:

Ash_Anne wrote:

I just re bought a vita. I had to sell my first one because I was a broke college student and I really needed the money. I am glad I got a new one. I was wondering. How does Persona 4 Golden play? I have played the Shin Megami Tensei games but I don't know if they are similar to the Persona games. I love RPGs I was just wanting to know if anyone would recommend it.

Depends. Persona 1 and 2 are a lot more similar to SMT games than 3 and 4 are.

Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden, in particular, does not feel like an SMT game at all. So, you know how SMT games tend to be dark, hardcore dungeon crawlers focused on competing philosophies and end of the world type stuff? Nothing like P4/P4G at all. P4/P4G is a high-school sim/dungeon-crawler hybrid. The story is very slow because the emphasis is almost entirely on developing relationships with a cast of rich, multi-dimensional characters. So, you'll go to school, listen to lectures, study, go to movies with your friends, listen to their problems, work part-time jobs... AND occasionally you will go into dungeons to advance the plot and strengthen your characters.

The two aspects of this game (life sim and dungeon-crawler) sound very different, but they're actually quite interconnected. Your friends' Personas will grow stronger and develop new skills as you grow closer to them in your daily life, which directly affects how efficient they are in battle; things that happen, and people you meet, in the dungeons directly affect your daily life as you go through the game.

There is Persona fusing in this game, like in SMT with demon fusing, but unlike SMT, Personas don't act as party members. You can summon them to perform spells, but your friends ARE your party members.

SMT games tend to be very dark and serious, whereas P4/P4G is quite light-hearted for the bulk of the game.

Also, P4/P4G has some dating sim elements. When you grow close enough to a female classmate, they can actually become your girlfriend.

P4G is a wonderful, wonderful game. One I've sunk hundreds of hours into. It's one of the only RPGs I've ever started replaying immediately after I'd finished with it (and it is a long game, keep in mind: my first playthrough took me about 75 hours). It's one of the most well-written, humorous, and engaging games I've ever played. But, aside from the fusion system and the spell names, there is almost no SMT here.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Ash_Anne

2,582. Posted:

@CanisWolfred @Ralizah
Thanks. I'll definitely look into the series. I can find Persona 4 Golden pretty cheap, so I might pick it up next time I am out.

Ash_Anne

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9222-1363

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,583. Posted:

I grabbed Flower (PS3,PS4 and Vita crossbuy FTW) and Velocity Ultra on sale for less than $6 total :O

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Marks

2,584. Posted:

March PS Plus - Instant Game Collection preview:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/27/preview-marchs-inst...
Edit: For North America...

Edited on by Marks

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Yasume

2,585. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yasume wrote:

Which games do you guys plan to pick up/download in the upcoming months?

I still have to pick up the first DanganRonpa, then in April I'll try to get Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and Conception II. Oh yeah, and Project Diva f as well.

Yasume wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^There's a face I haven't seen in a while. Glad you're enjoying it. I also agree, I think the Vita has a lot of good games, but most of them don't exactly try to appeal to a wide audience unless it's a port, so I can see why a lot of people aren't interested in it. Oh well, at least some of us are happy.

I'm surprised that you recognize me, I don't think I've made a single post in the last 2 years. I still visit this site daily, though. I need my Nintendo news during breakfast =)

Speaking of which I never asked this, but who is your Avatar? I've looked around and couldn't figure it out.

I don't think anyone has ever guessed who she is^^ It's Cammy Meele from Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. One of my favorite characters from that game.

I envy the North American Vita owners right now, Europe didn't get squat during Vita's anniversary week:(

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,586. Posted:

X-Seed is officially localizing Akiba’s Trip 2 in the U.S. under the title Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed. The game will be released on both PS Vita and PS3. Apparently there is no plan to censor anything out of the U.S. version.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/05/akibas-trip-undead-undre...

I don't know what's going on, but I like it. Between Senran Kagura (released this year in Europe, at least), Monster Monpiece, and this, I think it is safe to officially call 2014 the Year of Ecchi.

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,587. Posted:

Football manager classic is apparently still coming to the Vita http://thevitalounge.net/football-manager-classic-2014-coming...

I hope they keep the promised functionality where you can continue your PC save on your Vita, if they do and make a bundle I think this has the chance of really boosting Vita sales in the UK

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,588. Posted:

Probably decided too wait till the next iteration of the PC game.

Still waiting on the birderlansa vita release date.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Marks

2,589. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

X-Seed is officially localizing Akiba’s Trip 2 in the U.S. under the title Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed. The game will be released on both PS Vita and PS3. Apparently there is no plan to censor anything out of the U.S. version.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/05/akibas-trip-undead-undre...

I don't know what's going on, but I like it. Between Senran Kagura (released this year in Europe, at least), Monster Monpiece, and this, I think it is safe to officially call 2014 the Year of Ecchi.

I only learned about this game yesterday but now I want it sooo bad...

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,590. Posted:

What games do you guys still need to get as far as current releases you want go? I got about 5 or so games left to grab and play, personally:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Had it as a Playstation Plus game, now I want the cart)
Wipeout 2048 (Same as Zero Escape)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f
OlliOlli
Sine Mora (I thought I owned this!!!)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,591. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

What games do you guys still need to get as far as current releases you want go? I got about 5 or so games left to grab and play, personally:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Had it as a Playstation Plus game, now I want the cart)
OlliOlli

Sine mora was free on US PS+ so you should have it.....

I still need to get Danganrompa and Rayman Legends

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,592. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

OlliOlli

Putting aside PS+ games that I can access anytime...

Toukiden
Rayman Legends
Dragon's Crown
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Muramasa Rebirth
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Atelier Totori Plus
Atelier Mereru Plus
Virtue's Last Reward (someone misplaced my 3DS copy)

Not to mention all of the games coming out later this year that I want. The Vita's lineup is looking really awesome this year.

Recently downloaded Project Diva f, and the game is a ton of fun. Perhaps my favorite rhythm game since Elite Beat Agents.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,593. Posted:

Looks like the release date for the new Vita in NA is coming soon. The Walking Dead and regular Vita-1000 units are not avaible online any more on GameStop and Amazon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

2,594. Posted:

Anyone know how good Killzone Mercenary is? Thinking about downloading it but I just want a testimony or something from someone here before I take the plunge...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,595. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Anyone know how good Killzone Mercenary is? Thinking about downloading it but I just want a testimony or something from someone here before I take the plunge...

I've only played a little, but I like it a lot so far. The campaign seems especially fun, though obviously multiplayer is the star of the show. I'm still waiting for bots, though, so I can practice in private matches.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,596. Posted:

Has anyone got Dragon's Crown it looks interesting and I'm thinking of buying it but I want to hear someones opinion.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,597. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Has anyone got Dragon's Crown it looks interesting and I'm thinking of buying it but I want to hear someones opinion.

I got it. It's great if you like Beat 'em ups, especially ones with lots of moves, but like any Beat 'em up, it's much better with friends. Personally I'm kinda glad I only paid $30 for it, but I think it's cheaper than that right now, so go for it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,598. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

It is a fully-featured FPS in your pocket that is very good in its own right. Multiplayer is very fun, and the controls feel great. There's lots of options for what kinds of guns you can have, and the single player and multiplayer maps reflect that as well.

It's far and away the best portable FPS ever.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

2,599. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I got it. It's great if you like Beat 'em ups, especially ones with lots of moves, but like any Beat 'em up, it's much better with friends. Personally I'm kinda glad I only paid $30 for it, but I think it's cheaper than that right now, so go for it.

Yup, Dragon's Crown is a solid beat em up. Beautiful artwork, graphics, animations, etc. A new patch gives you a higher level cap and the ability to play through randomly generated dungeons should make you coming back after you beat everything too...

@Canis and Moomoo, thanks! I'll think I'll download it tonight before going to bed.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,600. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

It is a fully-featured FPS in your pocket that is very good in its own right. Multiplayer is very fun, and the controls feel great. There's lots of options for what kinds of guns you can have, and the single player and multiplayer maps reflect that as well.

It's far and away the best portable FPS ever.

Portable shooters tend to be something of a joke, but this is definitely one of the few, if only, exceptions. It has great multiplayer, a solid single-player campaign, a stable framerate, gorgeous graphics, and good, expansive level design.