Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,922

AuthorMessage

Yasume

2,561. Posted:

The Vita is amazing, it's easily my favorite system of alltime. It's not for everyone though and I can understand how PS2 and PS3 owners are swallowing a bitter pill right now due to the amount of ports. If you can appreciate niche games and indie games you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it, but if you are hoping for sandbox games or the latest games in AAA franchises you might want to pass on it.

For me personally, it's the best system out there. It's literally almost Sony's entire history in one sweet package with access to PS1 and PSP games and PS2 and PS3 ports. PS Now will be the icing on the cake.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,562. Posted:

^There's a face I haven't seen in a while. Glad you're enjoying it. I also agree, I think the Vita has a lot of good games, but most of them don't exactly try to appeal to a wide audience unless it's a port, so I can see why a lot of people aren't interested in it. Oh well, at least some of us are happy.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,563. Posted:

I adore my Vita. Movies look great on it, I can play a lot of the PSP games I missed out on and revisit old PS classics portably. It is also getting a decent library of Vita exclusive software. And ports of PS3 games I've always wanted to play.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,564. Posted:

I like my Vita but the library (in the west) is still far inferior than the 3DS, i got it last year and I enjoyed lots of the first year games (Gravity Rush, P4G, LBPV) but last year no Vita exclusive that interested me was released..... This year has started better with DagganRompa and the upcoming ?DagganRompa 2 but that's the only title out of the confirmed Vita exclusives that I'm looking for, (maybe neptunia PP and Persona Dancing All Night only because I like the series but I'm not really into rythm games, wish they had localized the neptunia rebirth games instead)........Vita needs more exclusives (it has quite a few in Japan, Sony said they would be localizing some but no games have been confirmed yet)

In sum I'm o.k with the Vita but think it needs more exclusives to match the 3DS

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,565. Posted:

@ferthepoet They are making a Graviry Rush 2 for Vita.

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,566. Posted:

I wish Sony wasnt so vauge about the Borderlands Vita release date. I know borderlands is out next month but Im tempted to buy a used Vita now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,567. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I wish Sony wasnt so vauge about the Borderlands Vita release date. I know borderlands is out next month but Im tempted to buy a used Vita now.

or you could just wait for Vita TV to come over here :p

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Yasume

2,568. Posted:

Which games do you guys plan to pick up/download in the upcoming months? Q2 looks amazing to me. I'll definitely pick up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (it will be my first FF game) and most likely The Sly Trilogy, God of War Collection, Demon Gaze, Conception II and Mind=Zero.

I'm also very much looking forward to Danganronpa 2 (yeah, already). I finished the first one yesterday and it blew me away.

CanisWolfred wrote:

^There's a face I haven't seen in a while. Glad you're enjoying it. I also agree, I think the Vita has a lot of good games, but most of them don't exactly try to appeal to a wide audience unless it's a port, so I can see why a lot of people aren't interested in it. Oh well, at least some of us are happy.

I'm surprised that you recognize me, I don't think I've made a single post in the last 2 years. I still visit this site daily, though. I need my Nintendo news during breakfast =)

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

AuthorMessage

mookysam

2,569. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

Which games do you guys plan to pick up/download in the upcoming months? Q2 looks amazing to me. I'll definitely pick up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (it will be my first FF game) and most likely The Sly Trilogy, God of War Collection, Demon Gaze, Conception II and Mind=Zero.

I'm also very much looking forward to Danganronpa 2 (yeah, already). I finished the first one yesterday and it blew me away.

I'm getting Final Fantasy X/X-2 next month and have already preordered Danganronpa 2. I've just finished chapter 3 of the first one and have been pretty hooked on it! I already have the Sly Collection for the PS3 which was quite cheap in a PSN sale, but I haven't got round to playing it yet. If it's cross-buy then I would rather play it on the Vita.

mookysam

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,570. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Conception 2, Project Diva f, Mind Zero, Disgaea 4, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster top the list for me. I think I'll give the 3DS a break until Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton comes out.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,571. Posted:

Yasume wrote:

Which games do you guys plan to pick up/download in the upcoming months?

I still have to pick up the first DanganRonpa, then in April I'll try to get Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and Conception II. Oh yeah, and Project Diva f as well.

Yasume wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm surprised that you recognize me, I don't think I've made a single post in the last 2 years. I still visit this site daily, though. I need my Nintendo news during breakfast =)

I never forget a face, and you haven't changed your avatar in years, so it's easy for me to remember you. :P

Speaking of which I never asked this, but who is your Avatar? I've looked around and couldn't figure it out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

2,572. Posted:

Many games on sale this week:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/24/ps-vita-turns-two-c...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/24/back-to-2013-sale-s...

I think I'll finally get Guacamelee.

Currently own: NES, Master System, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP, PSV, DS, 3DS, 2DS

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,573. Posted:

I'm glad Dustforce had a demo, because I didn't think much of it until I actually played it! :O Holy cow is it good! Tough as nails, though, but the check points are very fast and forgiving. The coring system...not so much, but I don't care about score.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

2,574. Posted:

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma is going to be awesome

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,575. Posted:

Oh nice, there's a Vita version now? Maybe I'll wait for that, I don't like having more than one Blazblue per platform.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,576. Posted:

As cool as Dragon's Crown looks, I think I'll save my bits for Project Diva f.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,577. Posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/25/persona-4-dancing-night-...

Persona 4: Dancing All Night confirmed for release in 2015 in NA

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Ash_Anne

2,578. Posted:

I just re bought a vita. I had to sell my first one because I was a broke college student and I really needed the money. I am glad I got a new one. I was wondering. How does Persona 4 Golden play? I have played the Shin Megami Tensei games but I don't know if they are similar to the Persona games. I love RPGs I was just wanting to know if anyone would recommend it.

Also, has Sony said anything more about the Gravity Rush sequel, yet?

Ash_Anne

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,579. Posted:

Ash_Anne wrote:

I just re bought a vita. I had to sell my first one because I was a broke college student and I really needed the money. I am glad I got a new one. I was wondering. How does Persona 4 Golden play? I have played the Shin Megami Tensei games but I don't know if they are similar to the Persona games. I love RPGs I was just wanting to know if anyone would recommend it.

Also, has Sony said anything more about the Gravity Rush sequel, yet?

1) Gameplaywise, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's similar. However, the story and structure's different, and there's no demon negotiation.

2) It exists, and it's coming along fine according to what they said in December.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,580. Posted:

Ash_Anne wrote:

Depends. Persona 1 and 2 are a lot more similar to SMT games than 3 and 4 are.

Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden, in particular, does not feel like an SMT game at all. So, you know how SMT games tend to be dark, hardcore dungeon crawlers focused on competing philosophies and end of the world type stuff? Nothing like P4/P4G at all. P4/P4G is a high-school sim/dungeon-crawler hybrid. The story is very slow because the emphasis is almost entirely on developing relationships with a cast of rich, multi-dimensional characters. So, you'll go to school, listen to lectures, study, go to movies with your friends, listen to their problems, work part-time jobs... AND occasionally you will go into dungeons to advance the plot and strengthen your characters.

The two aspects of this game (life sim and dungeon-crawler) sound very different, but they're actually quite interconnected. Your friends' Personas will grow stronger and develop new skills as you grow closer to them in your daily life, which directly affects how efficient they are in battle; things that happen, and people you meet, in the dungeons directly affect your daily life as you go through the game.

There is Persona fusing in this game, like in SMT with demon fusing, but unlike SMT, Personas don't act as party members. You can summon them to perform spells, but your friends ARE your party members.

SMT games tend to be very dark and serious, whereas P4/P4G is quite light-hearted for the bulk of the game.

Also, P4/P4G has some dating sim elements. When you grow close enough to a female classmate, they can actually become your girlfriend.

P4G is a wonderful, wonderful game. One I've sunk hundreds of hours into. It's one of the only RPGs I've ever started replaying immediately after I'd finished with it (and it is a long game, keep in mind: my first playthrough took me about 75 hours). It's one of the most well-written, humorous, and engaging games I've ever played. But, aside from the fusion system and the spell names, there is almost no SMT here.