Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,541 to 2,560 of 2,793

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,541. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@MuchoMochi: I think you know already and I think it is just a typo but I want to confirm that Vita does not use SD cards. Vita use an Vita memory card.

If you know this already then I apologies.

I was under the impression that the Vita memory card was essentially just a Sony made micro SD card, and that it was the only memory card that the Vita worked with. Even I use the wrong name for it it's essentially the same as a micro SD card in my mind, just a pretty unfair way to make money off the consumer.

I agreed and they should of at least make it support an SD card for it without "brand" name. And I apologized for misunderstanding.

No worries man, should have used the right name haha. I think they should have allowed the use of micro SD cards, the reasons for their name brand memory cards were pretty lame excuses. once they are all 10-15 dollars cheaper for each size respectively I think it'll be a worthy purchase.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,542. Posted:

On the subject of the 1000, I'm pretty sure Sony hasn't said if it will be discontinued or not in NA.

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,543. Posted:

Actually the reason is because of the Rampant Piracy on the PSP. With a propriatary memory card, it'll be harder for people to hack the Vita.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,544. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Actually the reason is because of the Rampant Piracy on the PSP. With a propriatary memory card, it'll be harder for people to hack the Vita.

Still kind of a lame excuse when their 32 GB memory card is 60 dollars more than a 32 GB micro SD card. Why such a large price gap?

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

2,545. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

From what I've heard, the original OLED Vita is being discontinued.

Where did you hear this? That's really disappointing if it is true.

Is the original Vita still being sold in Japan? I think it has been completely replaced by the slim

They confirmed that the slim is replacing the original Vita in the UK but it's unclear about Japan and North America.
http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a547745/slim-ps-vita-to-...

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

2,546. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

I thought OLED was an great technology and will help improved the battery life. Why are they discarding OLED? Is it still a lot expensive to make?

Cost is probably the main reason. Sony is saying that LCDs are now just as good as OLEDs but some people are saying otherwise:
http://www.geek.com/games/sony-says-difference-between-ps-vit...

I'll reserve final judgment until I try the slim Vita in person.

Edited on by BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,547. Posted:

BinaryFragger wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

Where did you hear this? That's really disappointing if it is true.

Is the original Vita still being sold in Japan? I think it has been completely replaced by the slim

They confirmed that the slim is replacing the original Vita in the UK but it's unclear about Japan and North America.
http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a547745/slim-ps-vita-to-...

Looks like I'm going to have to buy it sooner than I thought, even though it's not clear if they'll replace in North America, I want to be sure I get the version I want. Thanks for the heads up man.

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,548. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Vita can still be hacked, is just that with the PS Store and PS Plus and online gaming all of which don't work if you have anything but the official firmware there is not enough incentive for people to go for it....... Piracy is not the reason is just an excuse...... the reason is that they are selling the console at a loss and trying to make it back with the propietary memory cards but its a bad strategy...... lot of people have been holding on buying a Vita because they refuse on principle to pay $80.00 for a 32 GB memory card

DualWielding

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

2,549. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Vita can still be hacked, is just that with the PS Store and PS Plus and online gaming all of which don't work if you have anything but the official firmware there is not enough incentive for people to go for it....... Piracy is not the reason is just an excuse...... the reason is that they are selling the console at a loss and trying to make it back with the propietary memory cards but its a bad strategy...... lot of people have been holding on buying a Vita because they refuse on principle to pay $80.00 for a 32 GB memory card

Unfortunately I'm one of those people. I was actually considering it this christmas along with the 3DS XL. If the PS Vita had a price drop, or if the memory cards did then I would have jumped on it. at this point the PS3 is cheaper than the Vita when you take in account the memory card price.

AuthorMessage

mookysam

2,550. Posted:

I don't know about the US but in the UK various OLED Vita bundles with games and a memory card (8 or 16GB depending on the bundle) have been very competitively priced if you shop around online. Standalone memory cards are expensive, but in terms of initial outlay I reckon those bundles were very good value, particularly compared to the 3DSXL. It's just a shame that the 2000 has been priced so highly, but hopefully competitive retail in the UK will drive it down.

mookysam

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,551. Posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/10/sony-says-100-games-plan...

Invizimals: The Alliance
MLB 14: The Show
Murasaki Baby
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Hohokum
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Minecraft
Metrico
Luftrausers
Fez
1001 Spikes
Helldivers
Destiny of Spirits
No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either!
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Conception II
The Walking Dead: Season Two
The Wolf Among Us
Borderlands 2
God of War Collection

All apparently confirmed for Western release this year for Vita.

Also, Danganronpa, which just arrived, and Monster Monpiece, which should be coming this year.

Plus, whatever else brings the number up to 100.

No games my butt. Looks like the Vita might have a pretty good year.

Bundling Borderlands 2 with the new slim Vita seems like a good idea, too.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,552. Posted:

OMG a new No Heroes Allowed game!!!!!! So excited really hope we get a new FF Dissiadia (not sure if spelled right) and I'll be happy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,553. Posted:

I'll probably get Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number (dl the first one on sunday as it was on sale and beat it today) and Fez as well GOW collection, No Heroes Allowed and maybe Borderlands 2.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

2,554. Posted:

I probably be getting Toukiden: Ages of Demon soon since I like the demo. I don't know why I didn't like playing Monster Hunter 3 on Wii and I still don't like the demo for 3DS. I going try the Wii U demo to see for sure if I like it.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage

Marks

2,555. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

OMG a new No Heroes Allowed game!!!!!! So excited really hope we get a new FF Dissiadia (not sure if spelled right) and I'll be happy.

I agree with you, I want a new Dissidia so bad. I bought Duodecim when it was on sale (I haven't played this one yet) but the original one is so gooooood!

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,556. Posted:

To all those enjoying Danganronpa, the sequel is getting localized.

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,557. Posted:

Hmm. TxK us getting great reviews but I've never loved that genre. I think I might wait for a sale. Between this and Olli Olli, Vita is off to a great start this year.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

2,558. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Still kind of a lame excuse when their 32 GB memory card is 60 dollars more than a 32 GB micro SD card. Why such a large price gap?

Yeah, the Vita memory cards are WAAY overpriced. I'd be more willing to grab more downloadable games on Vita if the cards weren't priced so high. No idea why they haven't cut them to normal prices.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,559. Posted:

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection and Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisted are releasing in the States this year!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,560. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

To all those enjoying Danganronpa, the sequel is getting localized.

Good. That one looks even better.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~