Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,481 to 2,500 of 2,922

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,481. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

PSOne titles available on the PSN are all playable both on Vita or PS3
All PSP titles available on the PSN are playable on Vita, but for some reason a few cannot be directly downloaded in a vita and need to be downloaded in a PS3 and then transfered (the highest profile example of a game in this situation is Valkyria Chronicles II which cannot be downloaded if you don't have a PS3)
PS2 Classic titles are not playable in the Vita at all

this makes it a tough decision...it would maybe depend on how many PS2 classics are on there. I mean I guess I would mostly focus on those 3 platformer series and those are likely part of it but there's so many PS2 titles...I'd hope I could find some used PS2 games just in case.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,482. Posted:

BinaryFragger wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

So what do people think of Playstation Now? As someone that mainly uses their Vita to play PSOne, PSP and Indie games and thinks it's awesome, I'm obviously delighted that PS2 and PS3 games are gonna be playable on it soon. So the hardware sales are probably too low to keep up any kind of meaningful software support for actual Vita games, but there's still gonna be a crazy number of amazing games to play on this handheld!

I'm excited for PlayStation Now. I own about a dozen retail Vita games, but I mostly play indie games (currently hooked on Hotline Miami) and PSOne Classics. My only problem will be finding the time to play all the games that'll be available on the Vita.

I don't really like the idea of playstation now, I understand streaming is the solution for ps3 on ps4 but I would like Sony to continue using local emulation for PSOne titles and expand the range of PS2 classics available for local emulation (unlikely now that PS Now would become the focus) PS4 should be able to handle local emulation of PSONE and 2 classics so no need to resort to streaming for that

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,483. Posted:

I'm looking forward to it but I hope it doesn't kill Proper emulation looking forward to the service e since I should have both a vita and a PS4 by august.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,484. Posted:

I'm looking forward to it but I hope it doesn't kill Proper emulation looking forward to the service e since I should have both a vita and a PS4 by august.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,485. Posted:

So I'm buying a Vita off a friend today for $80. I think its the white one comes with a memory card and AC liberation. When I get to work I'm buying a $20 PSN card and grabbing some stuff from the 14 for 14 sale.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,486. Posted:

Make sure you get Killzone, Shingi!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,487. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

tearaway as well :O

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Aviator

2,488. Posted:

Also. Guacamelee is really good. So get that.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,489. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tearaway's not on sale, though. At least, I don't think it is.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,490. Posted:

That 14 for 14 deal is amazing. Killzone: Mercenary for $9!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

2,491. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

That 14 for 14 deal is amazing. Killzone: Mercenary for $9!

Yeah that's a steal. I believe The Walking Dead was only $5 so that's also a great deal. PS3 had some good stuff too. Nice way to start of the year, especially if you have PS Plus.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,492. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

irken004 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tearaway's not on sale, though. At least, I don't think it is.

true but still worth it, haha.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,493. Posted:

Picking up the games this week and I should be grabbing the Vita this week as well. He didn't show up on Thursday and I later found out he had family issues come up eariler in the day, so we weren't able to exchange goods yet.

Still I can wait another week since I'm playing through Chibi-Robo and getting the Vita for a really good price.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,494. Posted:

Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor are also on sale. Those are both stellar indie games.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,495. Posted:

Have thomas was alone on PC so i'll probably skip that one. Grabbing the PS card tomorrow (even if I won't be able to get the Vita till maybe next Thursday.) i'll probably pick up

Killzone
Sly Cooper
Velocity Ultra

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,496. Posted:

I think the sale ends tomorrow...

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,497. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I think the sale ends tomorrow...

I think it ends on Tuesday, when PSN updates. Either way, he said "tomorrow" yesterday...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,498. Posted:

Bought the games but the actual deal fell through which is leaving me pretty bummed. I'll probably wait till march in hopes that the 2000 is announced for the west between than and now. Plus my taxes should be done by than so I can use the refund money for a Vita/PS4.

Sigh, was looking forward to Gravity Rush and Wipeout.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,499. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Bought the games but the actual deal fell through which is leaving me pretty bummed. I'll probably wait till march in hopes that the 2000 is announced for the west between than and now. Plus my taxes should be done by than so I can use the refund money for a Vita/PS4.

Sigh, was looking forward to Gravity Rush and Wipeout.

I'll keep an eye on Ebay for a used Vita, I landed one for $160.00 with 4 games a few months ago (out of the 3, I only cared for Fifa, but traded in the other 3 for P4G)

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

2,500. Posted:

Anyone planning on getting DBZ Battle of Z on Vita or PS3? I preordered it since the demo was fun...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!