Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,461 to 2,480 of 2,881

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,461. Posted:

@Phatosaurus Spelunky was actually one of the games I got on the cheap. Suffice to say, it was a good deal.

Now that I think about it, if you were to directly compare the 3DS and Vita libraries, without taking what other platforms the games are on, you could definitely make a strong case for the Vita being the better system. Vita fighters are all excellent, Virtua Tennis 4 is wonderful, Lumines is the new Tetris, Persona 4 is one of the best RPGs ever made, Muramasa is stellar and has wonderful art, as does Dragon's Crown, Sonic Racing Transformed is arguably better than Mario Kart, and Sly Cooper is a fun little revival of a classic franchise. Vita's digital-only library also kills the 3DS. Steamworld Dig is good, but that's pretty much the only awesome eShop-only game that came out this year. Considering that Spelunky, Guacamelee!, Hotline Miami, Stealth Inc., Velocity Ultra, Limbo, Thomas Was Alone, and Lone Survivor all came out this year on Vita, I'd say Vita has the edge. Oh, and Runner 2 and Terraria just came out for it. That's without taking exclusives into account.

But alas, people just can't get over the fact that most of the Vita's library is also on other platforms. Which is unfortunate, since the device itself really is worth owning. I believe that the few exclusives for it justify the initial purchase, while the games that are also on other platforms will definitely keep the device in use.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

2,462. Posted:

@moomoo for me. the appeal in the Vita's library is that it's portable. Not that I'm playing it much out of the house (who plays video games in public?) but that I can pick it up and play it anytime, anywhere.
For instance If I get frustrated playing Spelunky, I can just press pause, put the Vita to sleep and pick it up later, continuing from where I left off. I can't do that on the PC/PS3 version without running up a 750W electric bill.

That's what edges most Vita versions of games for me.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

2,463. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

Thinking of picking up a Vita with some of my Christmas money. Gamestop has got a great deal running for used Vitas ($130 same as a 2DS) AND a 16GB memory card $20. As I already have a 3DS this would become a secondary handheld. What are some good cheap (but good) games I could pick up (around 20-25 dollars)???

It's not cheap, but $50 for one year of PS Plus, you'll get a hell of a lot of value. I think both Uncharted and Gravity Rush are still there as part of the instant game collection, with those two alone you're off to a nice start.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

2,464. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Should I get Dragon's Crown physical or digital? I didn't get it for Christmas so I was wondering if I should just go digital with it...

If it helps, the file size is a little over 990MB. Don't know how much space you have on your memory card but maybe that'll help you decide.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,465. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

Thinking of picking up a Vita with some of my Christmas money. Gamestop has got a great deal running for used Vitas ($130 same as a 2DS) AND a 16GB memory card $20. As I already have a 3DS this would become a secondary handheld. What are some good cheap (but good) games I could pick up (around 20-25 dollars)???

At around that price, lots. Of course, I'd recommend PS Plus first, but if you just can't afford it yet, Tearaway is still $20 new at Gamestop. It's such a great game, and completely redeemed Media Molecule as a great studio in my eyes (I didn't like LittleBigPlanet at all). If you're looking for a wider breadth of content, all of the Vita's fighting games aside from Injustice are out at that price range, so take your pick. Virtua Tennis 4 is also a great game that finds a sweet spot between arcade and simulator play. Lumines: Electronic Symphony is basically crack. Gravity Rush is excellent, but it's also in PS Plus indefinitely, so if you plan on getting it, or already have it, there's no need to get another. Same case with WipEout. There's also lots of really good download-only games, like Guacamelee, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, etc. Oh, and there's the entire PSP library, which I don't feel like listing right now.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,466. Posted:

Guacamelee was a little over $3 for PS+ subscribers. I couldn't resist!

The Vita has an awesome library of downloadable games. ESPECIALLY if you've never owned a PSP before.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,467. Posted:

Well, I can't say I regret PSV... but I can't say I'm happy either because there's a lot of the famous games for it that I just don't like :/ And since my money is tight (and well, I heard that PS+ isn't worth it unless you have PS3...), I think I'm going to be unsure about buying some future games.

But anyhow, I'm very happy with my Muramasa Rebirth and Cytus Lambda that I played there :D (Although I totally wish Cytus' speed will be as fast as the Android version, but if that's not a deal-breaker, you guys should get it over here instead of mobile, the amount of all songs that is immediately open, and the fact that there's 10 more songs, exclusive here is really, really good :3)

Still need to go and play P4G and Legend of Mana and FF9... >w>;

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,468. Posted:

I don't think I got an answer for this, but Vita doesn't have the same PSN specific library as PS3 (specifically games that were on PSN before Vita was released, especially older PS1/2 games) does it ? Because the lack of the classic Playstation titles would be the main reason I'd get a Ps3 over a Vita. Assuming that's true, have they been adding those games to Vita PSN?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,469. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't think I got an answer for this, but Vita doesn't have the same PSN specific library as PS3 (specifically games that were on PSN before Vita was released, especially older PS1/2 games) does it ? Because the lack of the classic Playstation titles would be the main reason I'd get a Ps3 over a Vita. Assuming that's true, have they been adding those games to Vita PSN?

I dont quite understand the question, but if you mean that the PS1/PSP titles are different on PS3 and Vita's PSN, then yes. However if you do have a PS3, you can download the ps3 exclusive PS1 and PSP titles and transfer them over usb onto the vita just fine.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,470. Posted:

Forgot to post this yesterday but got my Vita, I currently have Little Big Planet and Tearaway does anyone have good games to suggest.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,471. Posted:

@Jazzer94
Get Ys: Memories of Celceta quick! (Worth the import if you're impatient :P, it's great from what I've played!) Gravity Rush is a must-play for Vita owners too, no doubt about it.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,472. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

@Jazzer94
Get Ys: Memories of Celceta quick! Gravity Rush is a must-play for Vita owners too, no doubt about it.

Trust me I'm planning to get Ys: Memories of Celceta just have to wait till February I think thats when its released in my region, also Gravity Rush seems very interesting might try to get it tomorrow heard that a sequel is being made as well.

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,473. Posted:

@Jazzer94
It is an interesting game, for sure. A good one too. No other gaming experiences really like it. They are making a sequel, too.

Soul Sacrifice fits the unique bill as well. Uncharted is a solid (And pretty obvious) idea. Everybody's Golf (Pretty sure that's what it's called in EU, it's Hot Shots in NA) is a good cheapy too. Both Raymans are excellent ports if you haven't played them.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Best YT show here!
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

2,474. Posted:

Welp I got a Vita with a 16GB memory card and Wipeout 2048. Loving what I have played so far, planing on getting at least one more game for the time being (kinda out of money now...) Lumines: Electronic Symphony looks fantastic or maybe I'll get Gravity Rush....

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,475. Posted:

Get PS+ and have all the games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

2,476. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

PSN games (like indy download only titles) are exclusive to each platform although some are available on both and a few are cross buy
PSOne titles available on the PSN are all playable both on Vita or PS3
All PSP titles available on the PSN are playable on Vita, but for some reason a few cannot be directly downloaded in a vita and need to be downloaded in a PS3 and then transfered (the highest profile example of a game in this situation is Valkyria Chronicles II which cannot be downloaded if you don't have a PS3)
PS2 Classic titles are not playable in the Vita at all

something important to note is that PS3 can't play PSP games so that's one advantage the Vita has

Edited on by DualWielding

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

2,477. Posted:

Just bought Dragon's Crown. Can't wait to play tonight.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,478. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Get PS+ and have all the games.

I second this to all new Vita owners.

Best YT show here!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,479. Posted:

Is anyone else wondering what dragon ball z battle of z will be like on Vita, its supposed to launch in Jan but I haven't been able to find any footage of it.
Edit: friend told me about demo trying it now. :)

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,480. Posted:

So what do people think of Playstation Now? As someone that mainly uses their Vita to play PSOne, PSP and Indie games and thinks it's awesome, I'm obviously delighted that PS2 and PS3 games are gonna be playable on it soon. So the hardware sales are probably too low to keep up any kind of meaningful software support for actual Vita games, but there's still gonna be a crazy number of amazing games to play on this handheld!

Peach64