Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 241 to 260 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

edhe

241. Posted:

I'd describe myself as a Nintendo fanboy, but even I can appreciate games from other platforms.

If I can get a type of game that the Wii is unwilling to provide for me, I'll look to my PC or PSP to fulfill that need. Although I wouldn't buy a new console or indeed a PSvita (especially a Vita - I'll need to re-buy all my games) unless they were considerably cheaper.

So my message to @Bmagwood769 is this: Ingore this thread. You have nothing to add.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Bankai

242. Posted:

To get things back on topic (as in, the Vita): Tecmo Koei has announced a Warriors game for the Vita. That's good enough for me, really. Hopefully Dynasty Warriors 7 on the PSP is already released on PSN as well, so that will be playable on the new console too.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

243. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Or I could not bother, play the game's I enjoy, and not care about your thoughts that Sony are Gods.

Does your game own something? ;)

I wish people could both play the games they enjoy/not care about others thoughts, and not feel the need to throat-jam opinions on what they do and don't like quite so aggressively. I'm hugely guilty of the above--I try to remain as partial and open-minded as I'm able, but when I read too much Sony bashing that I don't agree with I tend to get angry and my bias comes out more agressively than Lance Bass at a Lady Gaga concert.

@theworld - Sony has made a lot of good games. Just because you haven't played them or they're not your cup of proverbial tea doesn't make blanket bashing of the company less of a firestarter for people with contrary opinions. Nintendo's made a lot of good games too. It's not all or nothing, and I don't think any realistic person expects that from anyone.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

244. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Aviator wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

This should be good. How are those bad games?

And the rest of them? If you can give me a genuine reason that each and every game that Sony has published is a crap game (and note, not just a game you're not interested in, but a crap game), then you've proven me wrong. Until then, my point stands. Nintendo isn't the only one that publishes and develops good games.

And this is where Capcom, Konami, Retro Studios, GoodFeel and Next Level come in. Just sayin' :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

245. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Aviator wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

This should be good. How are those bad games?

And the rest of them? If you can give me a genuine reason that each and every game that Sony has published is a crap game (and note, not just a game you're not interested in, but a crap game), then you've proven me wrong. Until then, my point stands. Nintendo isn't the only one that publishes and develops good games.

And this is where Capcom, Konami, Retro Studios, GoodFeel and Next Level come in. Just sayin' :p

Level-5 is the best of them all right now, actually :P (Though Dragon's Dogma is gonna be awesome)

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

sykotek

246. Posted:

This thread is fast approaching Locksville. Seriously though, why would anyone that has been on NL for awhile even bother debating with WaltzElf when it comes to anything Sony? It's like talking to someone who enjoys the smell of their own farts...

Anyways, back on topic. I'll wait on the Vita...maybe until Gameloft releases Asphalt 6 Adrenaline for it. ...knowing my luck though, Ubi will just publish A5 for $40 again.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

247. Posted:

guuuh.....waiting until a Gameloft game comes out to buy a console is like....

no analogy needed because it's the worst idea on the planet.

Honestly if all PSN games work I could care less what it launches with. That alone is an immediate selling point for me.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Bankai

248. Posted:

Honestly if all PSN games work I could care less what it launches with. That alone is an immediate selling point for me.

I know, right? I have 50 odd PSN games, and some of them would, if anything, be better in handheld form. Catan, the Sam and Max games, some of the puzzle games (Critter Crunch).

Those, as well as the many, many PSP games I already have... I wouldn't need to buy a single Vita game to get my money's worth. It's the first time backwards compatibility has truly been a selling point for me.

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

249. Posted:

The 3DS sells on the first party support alone. I watched the conference and I though it was the DS launch all over again. If you like Mario,Zelda etc, then the 3DS is suited for you. On the other hand if you like a wider range of video games the PS Vita is a better fit. Until the Wii U's launch I'm sure both companies will be in par on that aspect but thats a very long time to come.

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

melechofsin

250. Posted:

3DS has huge 3rd party support. Already with two RE titles to come, DOA, SSF4, Ghost Recon, MGS, Namco stuff, Layton, upcoming Square games, planned AC, FIFA, PES, and this is just the beginning. I don't see Vita getting any wider range of quality games. At all. Probably mostly ports of first party PS3.

Edited on by melechofsin

melechofsin

AuthorMessage

the_shredder

251. Posted:

The problem with th vita is there's not a lot of good exclusive games, the only one that might make me even consider buying a vita is the yet unnamed hideo kojima game which might be a metal gear solid title.

You are here because the outside world rejects you. THIS is your family. I am your father. I want you all to become full members of the Foot. You are my eyes and ears; find them. Together we will punish these creatures. These... turtles.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

252. Posted:

melechofsin wrote:

3DS has huge 3rd party support. Already with two RE titles to come, DOA, SSF4, Ghost Recon, MGS, Namco stuff, Layton, upcoming Square games, planned AC, FIFA, PES, and this is just the beginning. I don't see Vita getting any wider range of quality games. At all. Probably mostly ports of first party PS3.

Most of the 3DS games are either ports or remakes. SSFIV3D, OoT3D, Bit. Trip Saga, MGS3, Starfox, and Rayman3DS.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

crazyj2312

253. Posted:

I think I'll wait to play a Vita before I make assumptions about it, good or bad. I can play a 3DS now and judge it, but I can't really put my two cents in for a system that won't be out for about 4-6 months.
As for 3rd parties, I just hope they don't migrate games already in production for the 3DS over to the Vita; I was kinda worried when they didn't show Kingdom Hearts 3D at E3.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage

crazyj2312

254. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

melechofsin wrote:

Most of the 3DS games are either ports or remakes. SSFIV3D, OoT3D, Bit. Trip Saga, Starfox, and Rayman3DS.

I figured the ports were a way of getting people to see the power of the 3DS kinda like SM64DS, but it's getting out of hand. I know the 3DS can play MGS and RE, so show me something new.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

255. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Those, as well as the many, many PSP games I already have... I wouldn't need to buy a single Vita game to get my money's worth.

But Sony sure wouldn't be getting its money's worth. They need a strong attach rate on software to recoup their losses, with each Vita sold at a loss.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

256. Posted:

crazyj2312 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

melechofsin wrote:

Most of the 3DS games are either ports or remakes. SSFIV3D, OoT3D, Bit. Trip Saga, Starfox, and Rayman3DS.

I figured the ports were a way of getting people to see the power of the 3DS kinda like SM64DS, but it's getting out of hand. I know the 3DS can play MGS and RE, so show me something new.

Resident Evil: Revelations is new, it's a brand new game in the main franchise. And I think it's a tad silly thinking that the 3DS only offers ports and remakes, as if that's set in stone. The thing has only been out for around 3 months. Regarding 3rd Party support...And ports aside, Revelations is coming out, along with Mercanaries, then there's Mega Man Legends 3 on the horizon and more.

Personally I'm in love with the system, but it seems like my $$$ is basically going towards Nintendo and Capcom titles at the moment. I'd love to see a new Castlevania and Contra(which was announced for the 3DS) launch into the mix. No doubt will the 3DS have a diverse and killer roster of titles to come.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

257. Posted:

Here's a list of confirmed Vita games:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Resistance
Killzone
Real Fighters
Litlle Deviant
Call of Duty
Lumines
Sonic Generations
Hustle Kings
Top Dart
Mr. Ink Jet
Balzblue Continuum Shift plus II
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Mortal Combat
Lego Harry Potter (years 5-7)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
F1 2011
Hot Shot Golf (Everybody's Golf)
FIFA 2012
Wipeout 2048
Smart Ash
Broken
Super Stardust Delta
Sound Shapes
Little Big Planet
Dynasty Warriors
Gelding
Bioshock
Street Fighter Tekken X
ModNation Racers
Virtua Tennis 4
Ridge Racer
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Gravity
Dust 514
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Dragon's Crown
Shinobido 2
Rugby Challenge

Note that I'm not sure how comprehensive this list is, but it'll do for now.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

258. Posted:

Silent Hill: Book of Memories and Mortal Kombat hey? B-)
If only Team Silent would return to the SH franchise.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

259. Posted:

Wow, this thread took a wild roller-coaster ride to hell and back!

So I found this video that shows Jonathan Mak (Queasy Games) new game Sound Shapes - also the guy who developed the incredible PSN title Everyday Shooter - and the video is solely shown with the Vita in his hands and his is utilizing the button and front/back touchscreens simultaneously. The game looks brilliant and the system just look it just the same.

Must see Vita video!
http://torontoist.com/2011/06/sound_shapes_scores_at_e3.php

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

260. Posted:

Yeah, I'm really excited for Sound Shapes, and that video just got me even more hyped.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~