Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,893

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

2,361. Posted:

nice man I'm sold. I haven't had anything full-on-cartridge to play in my Vita for a while, and I've officially finished my attainable PS1 backlog on it. It was either this or Soul Sacrifice.

On that topic - anyone wanna way in on what's a better purchase - Soul Sacrifice vs. Killzone Mercenary?

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,362. Posted:

SwerdMurd wrote:

nice man I'm sold. I haven't had anything full-on-cartridge to play in my Vita for a while, and I've officially finished my attainable PS1 backlog on it. It was either this or Soul Sacrifice.

On that topic - anyone wanna way in on what's a better purchase - Soul Sacrifice vs. Killzone Mercenary?

I've only played the SS demo but they're both pretty different games. If anything, maybe wait on SS Delta to release.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,363. Posted:

For anyone not in the know, Atlus appears to be having a half-off sale on a lot of its older titles on PSN. Most of these seem to be PSP games. Persona 1 - 3 are all reduced to $10, for instance.

I have very little free money, but I couldn't resist picking up the original Persona for the price.

Also, on a side note, this machine is a perfect video player. Way better than my phone. I think I'm going to run through the first seasons of My Little Pony and Breaking Bad again on this machine! Already been watching a bunch of anime on it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

WebHead

2,364. Posted:

I'm planning on getting a Vita for Xmas. I'm mainly getting it for Uncharted, Persona, Killzone, Batman, and Soul Sacrifice. Muramasa is a maybe.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

MoogleMuffins

2,365. Posted:

Just got mine today.

Killzone Mercenary looks too good to be true graphics wise.

Anyone play multiplayer on it?

Currently playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,366. Posted:

What's exactly supposed to make Tearaway so great? I can't find any good gameplay videos (everyone seems to suck at games when they make videos, so I get too frustrated seeing people walk over the edge or miss a simple jump) and the trailers show very little of anything that's genuinely exciting, instead giving the impression that it's just a basic 3D platformer with a few gimmicks. Yet I've seen people declaring it one of the best upcoming games on the Vita. I can't imagine people would be saying that after seeing what I've been seeing, so what am I missing?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,367. Posted:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Just got mine today.
Killzone Mercenary looks too good to be true graphics wise.
Anyone play multiplayer on it?

Sure do.

CanisWolfred wrote:

What's exactly supposed to make Tearaway so great? I can't find any good gameplay videos (everyone seems to suck at games when they make videos, so I get too frustrated seeing people walk over the edge or miss a simple jump) and the trailers show very little of anything that's genuinely exciting, instead giving the impression that it's just a basic 3D platformer with a few gimmicks. Yet I've seen people declaring it one of the best upcoming games on the Vita. I can't imagine people would be saying that after seeing what I've been seeing, so what am I missing?

A lot of it has to do with its charm and looks, which does look nice. And the features used like having the cameras on when a hole is poked through helps make it feel like a world in your hand, apparently. I can't wait because hopefully the platforming is much more tuned than it was in the LBP games.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,368. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Shrugs

How do you explain the appeal of anything, really, if you don't already see it? The game looks visually stunning, charming, off-beat, and unique. Nintendo used to make weird games like this that were bursting with originality and creativity.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

2,369. Posted:

Thinking of getting a PS Vita around Christmas should I wait for the new model or get the original?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

2,370. Posted:

Finally got a Vita. I had to make the most of the great deals at ShopTo. I got the 3G Vita, FIFA Football (which looks like FIFA 12), 8 games (seemed better than the 10 game & Disney pack) and an 8GB Memory Card for £144. Since the Vita 2000 is going to be released soon, many retailers were trying to flog off the 3G model so this seemed like the best time to get it. Also I prefer the current Vita's OLED screen over the upcoming LCD model.

I've spent the last few days quietly exploring the handheld and I'm pleased with my purchase :) I've also got quite the collection of digital games too.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

Blast

2,371. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Great question and here's my answer: Tearaway looks great but so many people (especially journalists) are really hyping this game up. Heck, I would even say that Tearaway is getting overhype (from journalists) but this puts Tearaway in a interesting position... Does it live up to the hype or will it turn out that its incredibly overrated? Thats the pivotal question, man.

But I really think its getting alotta hype because of one thing and one thing only: The design.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,372. Posted:

Thanks, guys, I was just curious, really, since to me a lot of the fun with video games is trying to figure out what main appeal is supposed to be. I can really respect a game that's trying to be charming, though from the hype I was expecting an ambitious gameplay experience.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,373. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Thanks, guys, I was just curious, really, since to me a lot of the fun with video games is trying to figure out what main appeal is supposed to be. I can really respect a game that's trying to be charming, though from the hype I was expecting an ambitious gameplay experience.

I think the hype might have something to do with the relative lack of high profile releases on the system. Same thing happened with Super Mario 3D Land in 2011 when the 3DS was in roughly the same sort of position the Vita and Wii U are in now.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,374. Posted:

My christmas plans have to be moved up a bit. Think i'm going to go for the Walking Dead Bundle in January and get a PS4 come june.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Marks

2,375. Posted:

I am still very happy for the localization announcement of Hyperdimension Idol Neptunia PP. I can't wait to get it, it'll be my first Neptunia game.
Also in good news, Atlus is having a sale on Persona 4 Golden again for $20. I want it but it takes too much memory. I think I'll just buy it physical eventually

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,376. Posted:

Video of the new Vita firmware update that comes ahead of the PlayStation 4 launch.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,377. Posted:

It's a nice update, the panoramic camera is cool though not totally perfect.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,378. Posted:

The Vita version of Project Diva f is releasing in the West!

This is perfect! I've been wanting to play this game, but I don't have a PS3 and am not going to buy one to play this game. I guess Sega is happy with the sales of the PS3 version.

Only possible downside is that it is digital only, but, to be honest, I have, like, one physical game for the Vita. P4G. That's it. Everything else is digital. So this doesn't bother me much.

Oh, and, as a side-note, Gravity Rush is probably my second favorite game on the Vita. It's awesome. The story doesn't make a lick of sense, but the stylized visuals are gorgeous, the music is sweeping, and my head is still spinning from my topsy-turvy fight with another girl who is able to bend gravity to fly around (fall around, actually, but whatever). Flying gravity kicks are just as cool as they sound.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,379. Posted:

Ys: Memories of Celceta is launching on November the 26th.

So someone who's getting a Vita Soon what are the must play titles in the Vita/PSP library that can be gotten digitally?

WAT!

AuthorMessage

MoogleMuffins

2,380. Posted:

Just wondered, does anyone want a free Fifa Football download code?

It came with my Vita bundle but I got Fifa 13 as to play with a friend online, I would sell it on ebay or something, but it's too much hassle for me.

Currently playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins