Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,341. Posted:

I just picked up a Vita. £135 for the machine and £35 for a 32gb memory card via Flubit. That's £10 less than I paid for my 3DS XL, so very happy with that. I'm going to eventually pick up Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3, but for now I'm enjoying using it to play my PSone Classics and PSP games. I bought a Japanese PSP when it launched, but the analog nub broke after a couple of years and since it was an import, Sony didn't want to touch it. So there's a whole load of great PSP games I've never played, and I've picked up quite a few dirt cheap through PSN sales recently.

I really hope the sales of it pick up once the PS4 releases. The ports look great, but I'd really love to see more original games. Or at least original games in current franchises.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

2,342. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

I just picked up a Vita. £135 for the machine and £35 for a 32gb memory card via Flubit. That's £10 less than I paid for my 3DS XL, so very happy with that. I'm going to eventually pick up Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3, but for now I'm enjoying using it to play my PSone Classics and PSP games. I bought a Japanese PSP when it launched, but the analog nub broke after a couple of years and since it was an import, Sony didn't want to touch it. So there's a whole load of great PSP games I've never played, and I've picked up quite a few dirt cheap through PSN sales recently.

I really hope the sales of it pick up once the PS4 releases. The ports look great, but I'd really love to see more original games. Or at least original games in current franchises.

Eh, me too. I bought a slim PSP a few years later to play MGS Peace Walker and not much else.
You're in the the UK I take it? I think Gravity Rush is still free for PS+ if you aren;t already subbed.

Spelunky on the Vita has been eating all of my game time lately. I've completed it twice and died 600+ times in the process but it's damn fun.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,343. Posted:

I've spent pretty much all of my gaming time on Rayman Origins since it released on PS+. The visuals and controls are just perfect on the Vita, and it is definitely a game structured around short gameplay bursts. For people in the U.S., Hotline Miami and Sine Mora are coming free to PS+ next month. That's as good an excuse as any to replay Hotline. Already beat it once on PC.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,344. Posted:

I'll just leave this here.
Untitled

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/07/injustice-gods-amon...

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

2,345. Posted:

I'm thrilled about Inustice heading to Vita. The people making Arkham Origins Blackgate are doing this port so it should be great.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,346. Posted:

Is there any recommendation for good Indie Games? :3

Preferably something that is alike Persona 4 Golden. XD;;

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,347. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

Quite a few indies available, though I can't think of any that are persona-ish.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,348. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

Quite a few indies available, though I can't think of any that are persona-ish.

I think the only indie RPG on the service are those Dragon Fantasy games. I heard the first one was good at least. Not sure about the second...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,349. Posted:

Aww... :( Well, I suppose I can't really be a choosers then, any good indie games that aren't on the hard side of the scale? XD;; (Although I'll give Dragon Fantasy a look as well, thank you on recommending it! :) )

Although well, games like Bastion is good either, but I find I'm stressed out if I tried to play something like Soul Sacrifice and its brethren. :(

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,350. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

Aww... :( Well, I suppose I can't really be a choosers then, any good indie games that aren't on the hard side of the scale? XD;; (Although I'll give Dragon Fantasy a look as well, thank you on recommending it! :) )

Although well, games like Bastion is good either, but I find I'm stressed out if I tried to play something like Soul Sacrifice and its brethren. :(

Easy games? Well sound shapes was fun and easy, also cross-buy with the PS3 version. Maybe littlebigplanet vita too. Stealth Inc can be a kinda tough stealth platformer but it's pretty fun (also crossbuy).

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

2,351. Posted:

Dragon Fantasy Book I is everything that can possibly go wrong in an indie RPG.

Seriously. 10 bucks is borderline illegal for that game. A team of RPGMaker 2k novices could make that game in 2 months. To be fair, Book II looks to have upped the presentation / game-design factor pretty significantly... but I can't find one good thing to say about Book I. Awful music, pretty rough graphics, bland (to borderline glitchy) dungeon design, snooze-worthy combat, poor balance... Get any of the NES Dragon Warriors and have 10x as good of a time.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. Link to follow once I resurrect my dead website. - www.facebook.com/vintgames

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,352. Posted:

Ah... thank you for all the suggestion! :)

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,353. Posted:

Okay, checked around the PSN and now have some list of games I hope I can buy in the future... :3;;

Bomberman Fantasy Race, Doodle God, Final Fantasy IX, Stealth Inc, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, and Tomba!

And I'm going to ask, what do you think of this line-up and is there any other good games I should add? XD;;

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,354. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

Final Fantasy IX

You want to play this, and you want to play it now.

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,355. Posted:

@8BitSamurai It's an awesome game! :3 Wish that it'll have a remake, but that's a discussion for another time. XD One thing for sure is, does anyone know whether Doodle God and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are good or not? XD

(And they all are available from PSV right? I will hate it if I want to download and find I need to download it from PS3 instead :( )

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,356. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

@8BitSamurai It's an awesome game! :3 Wish that it'll have a remake, but that's a discussion for another time. XD One thing for sure is, does anyone know whether Doodle God and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are good or not? XD

(And they all are available from PSV right? I will hate it if I want to download and find I need to download it from PS3 instead :( )

If you can find it on the PSN store on your vita, you'd be able to download it directly to your vita. There's more games that can be played on it (usually some PS1 or PSP games) that aren't in the vita store but can be downloaded to a PS3 and then transferred to the vita. Don't forget to look through the PS1 and PSP catalog too, there's some gems in there.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,357. Posted:

Also Killzone Mercenary got another patch today, fixing online networking issues and fixing some spawn points.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

2,358. Posted:

@irken004 I see, all right then! :D

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

2,359. Posted:

how is Killzone Mercenary's single player? I played the multi demo, and it was too multiplayer-FPS for me to get a good feel for anything (aka - I walked, died, respawned, died, fired a couple times, died, got frustrated)

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. Link to follow once I resurrect my dead website. - www.facebook.com/vintgames

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,360. Posted:

SwerdMurd wrote:

how is Killzone Mercenary's single player? I played the multi demo, and it was too multiplayer-FPS for me to get a good feel for anything (aka - I walked, died, respawned, died, fired a couple times, died, got frustrated)

Compared to the other killzones, this felt more arcadey to me. It emphasizes the fact that you get paid for almost everything you do, so it feels like trying to get as much money as you can while playing. It's fairly easier than the other games too, imo, but it's a beautiful game and a showcase title. Also with the new multiplayer update the spawn points seem to have been fixed pretty well!

Backloggery