AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,282. Posted:

Deemed wrote:

I am getting a PS Vita for

Black Ops: Declassified
Need For Speed
Kill Zone: Mercenary

Not played it personally, but just gonna warn you.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-...
A lot of red.

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,283. Posted:

-new vita with on board memory
-Soul Scarfice delta
-Phantasy Star Nova by tri-ace
-God eater 2

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,284. Posted:

Domestic Japan plans today, business conference for Asia on the 18th
New Vita in different colors, Wi-Fi model. Yellow, pink, white, gray, lime green and and light blue. A thinner and lighter model. 5 inch LCD display. 1 GB memory card built in. 1 hour more battery life. Micro USB type B, universal standard, to transfer data. October 10th in Japan
A 64 GB memory card will also be released for Vita
Gundam Breaker starter pack. New white Vita with Gundam Beaker, a plastic figure and what seemst to be some kind of artwork on the back
God Eater 2 announced. Special God Eater 2 Vita bundle
Something about Soul Sacrifice, Inafune on stage. Soul Sacrifice Delta in March 2014. Not a mere update, new monsters, new magics, brand new version with new elements and items. New force besides sacrifice and saviour named ... I missed it. It is a neutral force. Playable at the Tokyo Game Show
Mr. Sakai of Sega is on stage. Producer for Phantasy Star series. Apoligizes for the inconveniences caused in Phantasy Star Online 2 (don't know about them). Phantasy Star Nova announced, can be played offline and online (4 players). Developed by tri-Ace. Release in 2014, more media at Tokyo Game Show
Love Live: School Idol Paradise. Dynasty Warrios 14? (new DW coming 2014). Some game from Spike Soft looking like a side scrolling Minecraft. Danganronpa: Another Episode ...
New special Vita models you are going to see in the screenshots
Final Fantasy X and X-2 collaboration project. I don't know if a new Vita model will also come with this

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

mookysam

2,285. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Speaking of PSP:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter has been announced as a Digital release for the PSP and PC in 2014! This is the second part of Trails in the Sky, which came out in 2011 and ended on a terrible cliffhanger. Now we'll be able to enjoy the full story, since I'm pretty sure the third game is mostly extraneous (finishes off some loose threads, but otherwise the main plot has already been finished in the second game). Now I have two great games to be excited about next year!

EDIT:
Here's the trailer for the first game, so you know what you're getting into:

The first Trails in the Sky is excellent, probably one of my top JRPGs of the last few years. The translation and script was sensational.

I hope really hope this sees release in Europe. I have absolutely no idea how to buy things from the US PSN. :-s

mookysam

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

2,286. Posted:

still no interesting games except those metal gear solid HD remakes/ports.

but the new model looks very good. LCD display is a way better choice because it is much cheaper and the extra battery life is a blessing! now they only need to drop the price for those stupid memory cards. (and show some interesting games ;)

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394
Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,287. Posted:

Wonder how many colors will make it too america.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

WebHead

2,288. Posted:

I am liking the Vita 200/Slim. I've wanted a vita, but the cost was too high. But now that it's cheaper I may get one. I'm guessing the Vita 2000/Slim will be $170 in NA.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

dumedum

2,289. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Kinda funny reading the first 30 or so pages of this thread and then jump two years forward to the reality.

Nice, you're right... :)

Bankai wrote:

Sony just whipped Nintendo.

I honestly predict this to be the first time that Nintendo is beaten in a handheld generation. As much as I like the 3DS, the Vita is a better console in every way imaginable.

HiroshiYamauchi wrote:

Yep, Nintendo is definitely in trouble.

Lots of Michael Pachters ;)

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

WebHead

2,290. Posted:

If I do get this Vita Slim, I'll probably get a 16GB memory card and Killzone or Gravity Rush.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,291. Posted:

The Slim is Japan only at the moment, I'd guess we'll see it here around February at the earliest.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,292. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Kinda funny reading the first 30 or so pages of this thread and then jump two years forward to the reality.

Nice, you're right... :)

Bankai wrote:

Sony just whipped Nintendo.

I honestly predict this to be the first time that Nintendo is beaten in a handheld generation. As much as I like the 3DS, the Vita is a better console in every way imaginable.

HiroshiYamauchi wrote:

Yep, Nintendo is definitely in trouble.

Lots of Michael Pachters ;)

to be fair, I doubt anyone predicted how worthless Vita's marketing would be. "Hey this is like that other system you already own, but a handheld. That's worth your time right?"

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,293. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

to be fair, I doubt anyone predicted how worthless Vita's marketing would be. "Hey this is like that other system you already own, but a handheld. That's worth your time right?"

Yeah, I think Sony's done just as terrible a job advertisig the Vita as Nintendo did advertising the Wii U. It would've made sense if there were a bunch more cross-buy games, but that kind of fizzled out pretty quickly...unfortunately, first impressions are extremely difficult to erase, so they're kinda fighting an uphill battle now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

2,294. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I think Sony's done just as terrible a job advertisig the Vita as Nintendo did advertising the Wii U. It would've made sense if there were a bunch more cross-buy games, but that kind of fizzled out pretty quickly...unfortunately, first impressions are extremely difficult to erase, so they're kinda fighting an uphill battle now.

I remember there was some conference after the Vita came out (may have been TGS) where Vita didn't even get any attention. And then there was that one press conference where they showed everything but games. I didn't really get what their strategy was :O

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Gregor

2,295. Posted:

I tried the Vita at a kiosk once. It was...ok... wasn't really impressed though.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,296. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

The first Trails in the Sky is excellent, probably one of my top JRPGs of the last few years. The translation and script was sensational.

I hope really hope this sees release in Europe. I have absolutely no idea how to buy things from the US PSN. :-s

I certaintly hope it comes to Europe, too! At least in the UK where they won't need to change much. But just in case, you can buy US PSN Cards from Play-Asia. It'd cost you about 14 GBP for $20 USD. Then all you'll need is a US Playstation Network account (on, say, either the PS3 or your PC using the Content Manager, which you can download from the Playstation website if you haven't already), and you'll be good to go.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Marks

2,297. Posted:

I literally just received my Vita two days ago. And then a new version is announced. Lovely
It's not that bad, I guess, because I prefer the look of the old one.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,298. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'd dare say it's worse, simply because Nintendo has more focus on putting games people care about on it. If Wii U at worse might end up as a Nintendo and indie box, Vita will probably be an indie box that's also a PS4 peripheral. Nintendo still has an apparent chance to go beyond that, but Vita has nothing in sight.

I mainly blame Sony almost completely ignoring the Vita for 2 E3s in a row. That was a terrible, terrible idea.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

2,299. Posted:

Marks wrote:

I literally just received my Vita two days ago. And then a new version is announced. Lovely

I heard the new model uses a cheaper screen, so worry not!

I don't regret getting it last year. Mostly because it costed me the asking price for the new model and came with many freebies.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,300. Posted:

Marks wrote:

The new model is basically a downgrade. A tiny bit of built-in memory (Just enough for saves), a tad bit smaller, and a little better battery at the expense of the beautiful OLED screen.

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai