Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,261 to 2,280 of 2,910

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,261. Posted:

Don't forget that black friday may be a great time to grab a bigger memory card at an even cheaper price.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

2,262. Posted:

It appears the UK hasn't received a price drop. Shame. Looks like I'll be getting a second hand one off ebay then.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

2,263. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

It appears the UK hasn't received a price drop. Shame. Looks like I'll be getting a second hand one off ebay then.

I can't tell what the launch price was there, either 199 or 169 pounds? Looks like it's a little cheaper now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Wi-Fi-only/dp/B...

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

2,264. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

I can't tell what the launch price was there, either 199 or 169 pounds? Looks like it's a little cheaper now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Wi-Fi-only/dp/B...

It was £229 at launch, then it dropped to £169 and has been that for months..
Just checked Amazon and it's down to £149. Hmm, it has me interested. I'd rather buy it new since I could get a scratched screen if I bought used.

To put it in perspective, $199 is around £130.

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

2,265. Posted:

Well, now I'm sold on it. There's a bundle on amazon. £149 for Vita, free Soul Sacrifice and 30 days of PS+.
It's like getting the console for £120 since the game is around £30 (and I'd buy it anyway).

Just need a decent sized memory card (32Gb for £40, or !6Gb for £25), Muramasa, Spelunky (when it's out) and Dragon's Crown.

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,266. Posted:

Submitted Flubit demands for Amazon's £149.99 Vita and £39.99 32GB card. If I could get them both for £170 then I'm in for sure.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,267. Posted:

Old, but felt it needed to be posted later rather than never :P

Shaping up to be one of the Vita's best. Can't wait to play it!

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

2,268. Posted:

Getting a Vita, selling my 3DS.

To be honest I have out-grown my 3DS, needing something at my age level.

What games do you recommend and should I get Wi-fi or 3G & Wi-fi?

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,269. Posted:

Deemed wrote:

Disgaea 3 is an amazing SRPG and a great port, ModNation Racers: Road Trip is quite a bit of fun. Gravity Rush is an incredible experience. Touch My Katamari is really fun, albeit pretty short. I'm sure WipeOut is good if it's anything like the PS3 game. Don't forget the treasure trove of awesome PSP games (Including the masterpiece Persona 3 Portable). Also, Tearaway and Ys (Gonna be awesome!) will be coming out fairly soon.

As for 3G or Wi-fi, unless you live in Tokyo or Manhattan or something, just get the wi-fi model.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

2,270. Posted:

Deemed wrote:

How old are you?

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

2,271. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Deemed wrote:

Disgaea 3 is an amazing SRPG and a great port, ModNation Racers: Road Trip is quite a bit of fun. Gravity Rush is an incredible experience. Touch My Katamari is really fun, albeit pretty short. I'm sure WipeOut is good if it's anything like the PS3 game. Don't forget the treasure trove of awesome PSP games (Including the masterpiece Persona 3 Portable). Also, Tearaway and Ys (Gonna be awesome!) will be coming out fairly soon.

As for 3G or Wi-fi, unless you live in Tokyo or Manhattan or something, just get the wi-fi model.

Thanks very much for the help, Seen some trailers for those games and they look pretty sweet ;)

Edited on by HaastMK7

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Phle

2,272. Posted:

I've been thinking about getting a PS Vita, but I'm hold back for a few reasons. Can anyone provide me with some info about the PS Vita?

• Will there be a new slim 4G model in a few months? (Then I rather would wait for that)
  • I own: 3DS XL, Wii U, Mac, iPhone 5 and have access to a PC for gaming. Will a PS Vita give me enough games that I currently don't have access to, to make up for the price of the console, memory card & needed accessories?
  • I'm not getting a Playstation 3. Maybe a Playstation 4, but not in the near future. Can I still enjoy the PS Vita fully?

3DS & Wii U player Phle --> (Ö_Ö)
Currently has a red 3DS XL & Black Wii U
Phle's 3DS Friend Code: 5026 - 4702 - 8212
Phle's Nintendo Network ID: Phlette

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,273. Posted:

Phle wrote:

I've been thinking about getting a PS Vita, but I'm hold back for a few reasons. Can anyone provide me with some info about the PS Vita?

• Will there be a new slim 4G model in a few months? (Then I rather would wait for that)
  • I own: 3DS XL, Wii U, Mac, iPhone 5 and have access to a PC for gaming. Will a PS Vita give me enough games that I currently don't have access to, to make up for the price of the console, memory card & needed accessories?
  • I'm not getting a Playstation 3. Maybe a Playstation 4, but not in the near future. Can I still enjoy the PS Vita fully?

This should easy:

No 4G model is in the works as far as I know. It's been rumored for months, but has yet to show up. There were a tons of rumors that it would show up at Gamescon. It did not. I highly doubt we'll be getting one anytime soon. I think the Vita is costly-enough as is for Sony...

The Vita has a bunch of good games in a variety of genres, and if you're not planning on getting a PS3, the Vita versions of plenty of games should add to that list as well. I recommend doing some looking to see what interests you. I only have 10 Vita games, but those 10 (4 of which are PS+ games) have been enough for me.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Phle

2,274. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This should easy:

No 4G model is in the works as far as I know. It's been rumored for months, but has yet to show up. There were a tons of rumors that it would show up at Gamescon. It did not. I highly doubt we'll be getting one anytime soon. I think the Vita is costly-enough as is for Sony...

The Vita has a bunch of good games in a variety of genres, and if you're not planning on getting a PS3, the Vita versions of plenty of games should add to that list as well. I recommend doing some looking to see what interests you. I only have 10 Vita games, but those 10 (4 of which are PS+ games) have been enough for me.

Thank you for the reply. This might sound weird but why is there nearly no price difference between the 3G + Wifi version and the Wifi-only version? Is there a downside to getting the 3G version?

3DS & Wii U player Phle --> (Ö_Ö)
Currently has a red 3DS XL & Black Wii U
Phle's 3DS Friend Code: 5026 - 4702 - 8212
Phle's Nintendo Network ID: Phlette

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,275. Posted:

Phle wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This should easy:

Thank you for the reply. This might sound weird but why is there nearly no price difference between the 3G + Wifi version and the Wifi-only version? Is there a downside to getting the 3G version?

The 3G version requires an At&t data plan, IIRC, which can be costly, if you don't already have one...there's really no reason to use the 3G, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,276. Posted:

UK Vita sales have doubled in the UK.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/05/mega-pack-remote-play-boost...

It's a bit like the Wii U in that original sales were so bad, even by doubling them, they're still not going to look great, but it's a start.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

2,277. Posted:

Kinda funny reading the first 30 or so pages of this thread and then jump two years forward to the reality.

Anyway, couple of questions about the Vita.

1) Any price drop in sight for the proprietary memory cards?
2) Is the Vita backwards compatible with my entire library of PSOne classics and digital PSP games?

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,278. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Kinda funny reading the first 30 or so pages of this thread and then jump two years forward to the reality.

Anyway, couple of questions about the Vita.

1) Any price drop in sight for the proprietary memory cards?
2) Is the Vita backwards compatible with my entire library of PSOne classics and digital PSP games?

1. They just had a price drop on the theme key cards at Gamescom.
2. I don't know how many PSOne games there are, but not all PSP games are backwards compatable on Vita. You if you look online on the store you can see which ones. If you have a PS3 there are good few PSP games you can copy from your PS3 to Vita, but not directly on a Vita too. These aren't listed on the tire though, so you'll have to look at lists posted on the Internet.

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

SpookyMeths

2,279. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

1. They just had a price drop on the theme key cards at Gamescom.
2. I don't know how many PSOne games there are, but not all PSP games are backwards compatable on Vita. You if you look online on the store you can see which ones. If you have a PS3 there are good few PSP games you can copy from your PS3 to Vita, but not directly on a Vita too. These aren't listed on the tire though, so you'll have to look at lists posted on the Internet.

1. Ah... a 32GB card is worth about $30. I'm willing to pay $50. $70-80 is still too much.
2. That's a shame. #1 reason I bought a PSP in the first place was for portable PSOne Classics, but looking at lists, it looks like not quite all of them are BC yet.

Guess I'm sticking with my PSP for now.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,280. Posted:

Speaking of PSP:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter has been announced as a Digital release for the PSP and PC in 2014! This is the second part of Trails in the Sky, which came out in 2011 and ended on a terrible cliffhanger. Now we'll be able to enjoy the full story, since I'm pretty sure the third game is mostly extraneous (finishes off some loose threads, but otherwise the main plot has already been finished in the second game). Now I have two great games to be excited about next year!

EDIT:
Here's the trailer for the first game, so you know what you're getting into:

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~