Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,221 to 2,240 of 2,903

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

2,221. Posted:

I'm new to this. Is it possible to download PSN games like Crash or Spyro onto your PSP/Vita without a PS3?

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2,222. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm new to this. Is it possible to download PSN games like Crash or Spyro onto your PSP/Vita without a PS3?

Yes, you just need to connect them to the internet.

Not all games are available on all systems though.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

2,223. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm new to this. Is it possible to download PSN games like Crash or Spyro onto your PSP/Vita without a PS3?

Yes, you just need to connect them to the internet.

Not all games are available on all systems though.

What exactly do you mean? Which games can't be downloaded on which PSP systems?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

2,224. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm new to this. Is it possible to download PSN games like Crash or Spyro onto your PSP/Vita without a PS3?

Yes, you just need to connect them to the internet.

Not all games are available on all systems though.

What exactly do you mean? Which games can't be downloaded on which PSP systems?

Each game has a list of which platforms it is available for (PS3, Vita, PSP). Just look at the game page and it'll tell you what systems you can download it for.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

2,225. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm new to this. Is it possible to download PSN games like Crash or Spyro onto your PSP/Vita without a PS3?

Yes, you just need to connect them to the internet.

Not all games are available on all systems though.

What exactly do you mean? Which games can't be downloaded on which PSP systems?

Each game has a list of which platforms it is available for (PS3, Vita, PSP). Just look at the game page and it'll tell you what systems you can download it for.

Is there a list online?

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2,226. Posted:

You can see it in the store itself... If a game can't be downloaded to, say, the PSVita, it will tell you or it won't be in the store at all.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

2,227. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

You can see it in the store itself... If a game can't be downloaded to, say, the PSVita, it will tell you or it won't be in the store at all.

I don't own a PS3, PSP, or Vita, that's why i'm asking. :P

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

2,228. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

You can see it in the store itself... If a game can't be downloaded to, say, the PSVita, it will tell you or it won't be in the store at all.

I don't own a PS3, PSP, or Vita, that's why i'm asking. :P

Here's the online web store. Also linked to the crash bandicoot page as an example. As you can see, that title is only for PSP/PS3, no vita compatibility.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP900...

And a page for FFVII
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/fin...
However, some titles like Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver are not listed in the store for Vita compatibility, but can be downloaded and transferred via ps3 to a Vita.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

2,229. Posted:

Mutant Mudss is coming to Vita and PS3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

2,230. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

You can see it in the store itself... If a game can't be downloaded to, say, the PSVita, it will tell you or it won't be in the store at all.

I don't own a PS3, PSP, or Vita, that's why i'm asking. :P

Here's the online web store. Also linked to the crash bandicoot page as an example. As you can see, that title is only for PSP/PS3, no vita compatibility.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP900...

And a page for FFVII
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/fin...
However, some titles like Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver are not listed in the store for Vita compatibility, but can be downloaded and transferred via ps3 to a Vita.

Thank you! :D

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

2,231. Posted:

If people are wondering why I haven't shared the latest news surrounding the PS Vita, here's the reason: I have completely distanced myself from the PS Vita "community", which I find the most annoying bunch of people walking the earth. Even the Wii U owners are more passionate and positive about their unappreciated console...

The fun's really over for me. Why should I spend a lot of time and effort on such a disrespectful and spoiled bunch of people? No way in hell!

So, now you know.

All the best,

JGMR

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

2,232. Posted:

@JGMR From what I can tell, the community for the Vita is actually really happy with their system and say lots of great things about the Vita. But hey, to each his own.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

2,233. Posted:

@JGMR

what community? All the Vita owners on sites like neogaf and playstation universe seem pretty happy and tight knit. I'm guessing your talking about Pushsquare.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

2,234. Posted:

@Sony_70 Nope, I am talking about multiple sites (four), which does include Push Square, yes. I have had enough of reading the same trashy, negative threads and messages in threads. I am tired of the "if only"-arguments. I am tired of the irrational dreaming about games that probably never will be released on the system. I am tired of the blatant lie that the one-and-a-half year old Vita, has no quality games; it has tons. I am tired of the disregard for smaller yet high-quality titles like the niche games from Japan. I am tired of the disregard for indie titles. And I am REALLY tired about the glorification of the unoriginal AAA-games. It would be so much better if all the disgruntled gamers sold their freaking Vita, to make way for people who actually care about the great, upcoming titles... I mostly blame the moderators on several forums for continuing tolerating this nonsense.

Well, see ya around elsewhere I guess...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

2,235. Posted:

It's funny because in most cases it's WiiU owners or ninty fans that bash Vita. Everyone else I've seen are fans of the Vita, they just want more games and a price drop on at least the memory card.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

2,236. Posted:

JGMR wrote:

I mostly blame the moderators on several forums for continuing tolerating this nonsense.

Because you think moderators are only supposed to allow people to post positive comments about video game consoles...?

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

2,237. Posted:

It goes far, far beyond that. Endless threads and endless complaints which are ultimately boil down to the same things...

Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
(get it?)

"If only this", "if only that". If only these morons would shut the hell up for the crying babies that they are. For a baby it's excusable, but not when you're calling yourself a gamer. Telling developers and platform-holders what they should and should not do is the height of ego-mania. Like I said, I am gonna enjoy my Vita without it's rotten, so-called "community" of complaining, narrow-minded and utterly fixated bunch of infantiles. /end of rant, and final post in this thread...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

2,238. Posted:

^You're the one sounding like a baby. If you want to tune out the world and live in your fantasy land where everything's peachy-keen, that's fine. But don't complain when other people try to live in reality.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

2,239. Posted:

JGMR wrote:

If people are wondering why I haven't shared the latest news surrounding the PS Vita, here's the reason: I have completely distanced myself from the PS Vita "community", which I find the most annoying bunch of people walking the earth. Even the Wii U owners are more passionate and positive about their unappreciated console...

The fun's really over for me. Why should I spend a lot of time and effort on such a disrespectful and spoiled bunch of people? No way in hell!

So, now you know.

All the best,

JGMR

If that's the way you feel, we'll see you around! Do let us know when you plan to be civil.

As you were, everyone! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

2,240. Posted:

Talk about blowing sh*t out of proportion. Sorry JGMR, but the problem here isn't the people admitting the issues with the Vita, the problem is you choosing to ignore the simple fact that the system is NOT selling (which was the topic of the thread at PushSquare that started all this crap) and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon that will make it sell. The funny thing is, that's hardly the discussion that goes on at Pushsquare, the vast majority there who talk about the Vita such as myself, Sanquine and others, love the system but you can't pretend the situation, as far as sales is anything but dire right now. That's not being 'spoiled' or a hater or any other nonsense. It's being realist. Besides the PS3, I've used the Vita since I bought one about a week after it launched, more than any other systems I own and that includes the 3DS in there. It has some games on the way that I absolutely can't wait for, particularly Killzone: Mercenary. But just like when the Dreamcast was around the long term outlook isn't great if sales don't pick up, big time, and soon. Unfortunately it's Sony itself that is f'ing the system by not dropping prices on anything ($100 for 32 GB of memory is especially idiotic) and completely ignoring it at trade shows. Monster Hunter being Nintendo exclusive now certainly doesn't help. I don't like saying that things don't look great long term right now but it's the truth and it's not 'ego-mania' to suggest Sony needs to do a far better job handling things than it has so far. There have been two E3s since the system has been on the market and each time it was completely ignored at the press conference. That is pathetic. PS4 had to be the focus but Vita needed lots of time as well. PS3 has been well-established for a while now, so Sony could've cut some of the time it talked about that machine, it doesn't need to be pushed anymore.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83