2,201. Posted:

Nice to hear. Yeah I hope so too! :)

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,202. Posted:

Siliconera wrote:

Aksys have licensed Compile Heart's PS Vita dungeon crawler, Holy Sorcery Story, for release in North America, the publisher announced at Anime Expo today.

Untitled

Titled, Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God, the game will be released later this year. The game plays like a roguelike and involves making a legendary curry.

Thanks Siliconera.com

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,203. Posted:

IGN wrote:

Today, NIS America revealed that it will be bringing the PlayStation Vita-exclusive RPG Demon Gaze to North America and Europe in early 2014.

Untitled

NIS describes the game as follows:

"Oz awakens to find himself in Misred—a cursed land at the world's western frontier—with a dark shroud covering certain memories of his past. The land before him contains many labyrinths that hold both treasure and danger in equal volumes. Without knowing where else to go or what else to do, Oz decides to take up arms in order to hunt down artifacts and eke out a living in this world that feels so new to him. One day, he will have to face his past, but until then, he has no choice but to trust those around him, and in his newfound abilities as a "Demon Gazer"..."

Untitled

Demon Gaze was co-developed by Kadokawa Games and Experience Inc., and was released in Japan back in January of this year.

Source: IGN

Thanks to Blue Flare on psindependent

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,204. Posted:

Siliconera wrote:

Aksys have licensed Compile Heart's PS Vita dungeon crawler, Holy Sorcery Story...

Welp, I know what I'm not getting.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,205. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Siliconera wrote:

Aksys have licensed Compile Heart's PS Vita dungeon crawler, Holy Sorcery Story...

Welp, I know what I'm not getting.

agreed. That is a stupid name for a company!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,206. Posted:

I hate to be the guy who won't buy a game based upon the art style used but it's just to moe for my tastes. I feel like 30 minutes into something like that or conception Chris Hansen would be at my door.

Still a bit conflicted over if I should get a PS4/Vita this year or a Wii U/ 3DS XL.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,207. Posted:

It's Compile Heart, "Being Too Moe" is pretty much their catchphrase, alongside "We couldn't design a good battle system to save our life, but you'll still need an encyclopedia to figure out how to use whatever crappy one we settle with"...though obviously the former is much catchier. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,208. Posted:

The first video of IGN's Dragon's Crown special week:

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,209. Posted:

2nd video...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

2,210. Posted:

Some pretty good sales for PS Plus members this week... Lego Batman 2 for $5 and Silent Hill: Book of Memories for $7.50.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

banacheck

2,211. Posted:

Ahhh cannot wait for Drangons Crown next month, have it pre-ordered now then september 17th GTAV.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,212. Posted:

Final Fantasy X SD vs HD Comparison

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,213. Posted:

And...the 3rd video of IGN's Dragon's Crown special...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

2,214. Posted:

You guys should try out Tokyo Jungle Mobile that just came out yesterday on PSM. Dunno if UK got it though. It;s $2.99 now but next week it will jump to $5.99 so if you're interested, you should get it now.

I've never played the PS3 game, but it apparently contains all the elements from that game but with some differences. You actually move around in a grid, up, down, left and right. It's not turn-based like a SRPG though, even if the screenshots make it look like one. As a predator, you eat other animals to stay fed, and as a prey you eat plants. It's a lot harder to survive as a herbie though, as there's not as many plants, whereas there's a lot of other animals that a predator can simply chow down for food. You have to find a mate and copulate (yes, that word is actually in the game) to pass on genes to your offspring (like health up, attack up, etc) for survival. There are different kinds of females (desperate, average and prime) and I believe you get more offspring with the better females. The offspring also acts as your 'lives.' If you happen to die, you get to play where you left off as one of your offspring. It's game over if you have no offspring or ran out of offspring.

It's basically a high-scoring type of game. The objective is to survive for a century and everything you do gives you survival points which act as your score. The points can then be used to 'buy' various other animals to play with. All the animals in the PS3 version are in this game as well, but they all are purchase-able in game. Each animal has different stats. My favourite so far is the crocodile with its high defense. My highest score is 101310 points with the crocodile at 63 years.

So it's not the PS3 game on Vita, but all the gameplay elements are there. Hiding in grass prevents other animals from seeing you, and apparently if you get very far, toxic clouds appear which can harm you if you step in it. I haven't seen them myself yet.

Here's a video from PSNStores.com with gameplay. Note that the guy who made the video first hated the controls, but he switches to 'Type B' later which is much better, so don't let that discourage you from buying it. I think it's good too, and yes, there's no issues with Type B controls for me. There's 40 animals to obtain in the game. You get the pommie at the start and I have the rabbit, sheep, crocodile, kangaroo and the dilophosaurus so far.
http://youtu.be/kpVSoKK8r38

Hope you guys like it. Everyone who has bought it so far likes it.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,215. Posted:

And...here's the 5th and last video of IGN's Dragon's Crown special...

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,216. Posted:

And...here's the 4th and second-last video of IGN's Dragon's Crown special...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,217. Posted:

Looks like the game will be published by NIS America in EU/AU:

Untitled

Australia's Classification site

thanks to MoonsEye on psindependent

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,218. Posted:

Killzone Mercenary closed beta signups are live, go get them!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/12/killzone-mercenary-...

I got my code already from PS Home at E3, but now you guys can grab a code.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,219. Posted:

New Dragon's Crown trailer :

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,220. Posted:

Two Exclusive JRPGs announced

Nippon Ichi developed.

Despite not being officially announced for the west (yet), Nippon Ichi has just announced that they will be releasing Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten in January next year, and Criminal Girls INVITATION (working title) this winter in Japan.

Disgaea 4 will be a reworked port of the PS3 title and although no news has been announced on Vita specific features or extras, Disgaea 3 was a mighty fine port (and will be reviewed fairly soon). Criminal Girls INVITATION looks like a remake of the PSP title Criminal Minds however the original never made it to the west so whether it will this time is unknown. You can bet your life Disgaea 4 will though; it's probably Nippon Ichi's most popular franchise in the west.

Thanks Vita Lounge

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR